“Affordable location outside Boston”

Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Louisville, Kentucky
“Affordable location outside Boston”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this facility two nights October 16 and 17 2012 on our return from exploring Maine. A note to any traveler is that October 15 is the "end of the season" in tourist areas in the northeast. We received an off season rate of $98.99 + $8.91 taxes per night which was a great deal for that area.

The facility was nice. Since I am a frequent BW guest, we were upgraded to a suite which contained a small stove and an extra TV in addition to the standard amenities. The bed slept wonderfully.

Our first morning, we drove west of the hotel to an Amtrak station in Exeter. For $60 or so total, my wife and I secured round trip tickets into Boston (1 hour trip) where we hiked the Freedom trail. The next day we drove into Boston to catch our flight out.

The breakfast was a full breakfast containing eggs and meat and a full compliment of other continental choices. Since this BW has a conference facility, they have urns of real, brewed coffee and not the coffee syrup mixed with hot water dispensing machines found in most other BWs. (I normally get a real brewed cup from the machine in the room at other BWs)

My only negative comment was that the business computer was woefully outdated in age and software. The computer was old and slow. The Amtrak site used flash but the computer didnt have it installed so I couldn't really use all of the functionality. Firefox was outdated as well as IE. When I went to print a PDF of my ticket, Adobe reader wasnt installed. A very nice person at the front desk allowed me to use his computer and print out my ticket but were it a busy time, he may not have been able to be so accommodating. I appreciated the help nonetheless.

I would certainly recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed both your trip and our hotel. If your vacation travel brings you to the area regularly, we are just 3 miles from Hampton Beach, 8 miles from the historic sites of Portsmouth & Exeter, and just 60-90 minutes away from New Hampshire's lakes & mountains. I hope we will be welcoming you back to New England soon. (And we're in the process of updating the software & drivers on the guest computer!) Best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western while visiting family in the area. We were on the second level and on the back side of the hotel. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless and I had no problem letting my toddler run around in her socks or barefoot in the room.The showers had plenty of hot water. 3 women showered, shaved and one toddler bathed and still plenty hot water! TV had lots of channels, there was a really nice wood ceiling in our room, a mini fridge and microwave. Large windows. The free breakfast in the morning was great. Many options: eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, muffins, one day we had breakfast sandwiches, pancakes. It wasn't 5-star food, but it was good and it's free. The pool was also very nice and clean. Free internet. I also had no problem with my cell phone and neither did my travel companions; we have 3 different services: Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.

My complaints: VERY little counter space in the bathroom. Well, no counter space. It had a very nice, fancy sink but no space to put makeup, curling irons etc. Also, walls were very thin. This is the only reason I didn't give 5 stars. We could hear the people next to us cough and hear their TV all night long, and we could hear people talking outside and in the hallways.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back of the hotel, and the second level. There will be less street noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your posting. We want all of our guests to enjoy their visit and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will please think of us again in future. Best regards.
Smiley, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cracked sink and light, brown staining behind toilet. Strong smell of urine coming from tub most likely from bath mat. Dusty room.
Loud street noise and lobby,people loading and unloading vehicles two feet from our door.
No sound barrier from sliding door, people right outside it. The lower level front rooms no better than a motor lodge.. We both wore ear plugs and the noise was still loud.
If you need to get your rest and have to stay here get a inside room. LOUD LOUD LOUD!!!! No sleep... Address says Lafayette rd. AKA (route 1) not set back at all . Directly on road.
Thank goodness bed was comfortable during all the tossing and turning.
breakfast average

Located next door to a funeral home/crematorium (not very romantic) lol

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smile123202
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit (minus the new beds). We have a variety of room options to suit our guest's needs and our well-trained staff is available 24/7 to handle requests and remedy any problems that could possibly arise, I regret that we are not having the opportunity to address your concerns while you are still in house. While none of our guest rooms actually sit on Lafayette Road/Route 1, you may have enjoyed something on the 2nd floor or facing the wooded back a lot more than one of the groundfloor, driveway-access rooms (some guests prefer the outdoor access, but it is simply one of several possible varieties of accommodation). I thank you very much for visiting our hotel, I hope you will consider us again. Best.
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I recently made a reservation for 5. Normally we try to pay around 120 or less. This time because everywhere was No Vacancy we found a room at this hotel for less than 200.
But we had an incredible room, maybe an executive room. it was so big with a kitchen and a big table. Everyone were amazed to see this. Everything was good. the person at the reception, the breakfast, the sleep quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your posting, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Best Western experience. The room you refer to is one of our kitchenettes, the large dining table is unique to that room type. Should your travels bring you back to Hampton, I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back as return guests. Best regards.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The property is the first I've seen; only two levels. Avoid the first level; no sound barrier between the driveway & the sliding glass door. Plan on eating breakfast away from the facility. The eggs were swimming in water, and the smell was slightly raw. Pancake's looked half cooked, but the tator-tots and coffee were good. Cell phone reception is very poor; wifi available, but reception is very poor.

Room Tip: Also, stay away from the rooms facing the driveway; curtains does not close all the way, and the str...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your posting, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit as much as we had hoped. We strive to provide all of our guests an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk if you ever wish to make changes to your accomnodation or if you experience difficulties so that we may immediately rectify the situation (per the windows, you may have attempted to close the narrower decorative panels and not the blackout curtain). I hope that you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to the area and I thank you again for your patronage. Best.
Naples FL
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Cell service is very poor to non-existent. While they are making attempts to correct this, it obviously can be a major problem for business travelers. Internet was a bit slow. This is a problem for that area in general, not specific to Best Western Plus. Rooms were spacious but over furnished, wall paper was peeling off in a spot or two. Staff was very helpful and friendly and beds are comfortable. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance though the road is busy to cross on foot.

Room Tip: Request second floor away from parking lot and main road for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your posting. It is my hope also that there will be improved cell phone coverage on the coast in the very near future. I would, however, like to reassure all of our guests that we, indeed all Best Westerns, offer complimentary wifi, free local calls, and free long distance access from all guest rooms. I am glad you found the area otherwise to your liking and I hope we will see you again soon. Best.
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for the past 2 months and I will definitely being staying there again in the future. The beds were very comfortable, rooms very clean, and the staff was awesome!!! Breakfast was served every morning at 630am and it was a nice spread of omelets, bacon or sausage, home fries, pancakes, cereals, pastries, plus many other food and drink items you may want. I was only able to enjoy the breakfast a few times because I left early before it opened but I bet if I asked the staff to let me in early they would of or made me a early morning meal. I cannot say enough about the service that this hotel has because they were all so nice to me.

The only CON was the bathrooms were dates but they served their purpose and were always clean.

There are several great restaurants and pubs in the area which are within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We always strive to provide a top-notch experience and it helps immeasurably to have the fine guests that we do. I hope we will have the privilege of continuing to provide for your accommodation needs well into the future. Best regards from all of us here at Best Western.