“Nice and friendly”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Montreal, Canada
“Nice and friendly”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay except for the 2nd night, noisy people next door. I didn't complain to the Reception area, which I should have, but the hotel clerk was very apologetic and very nice, even giving a slight discount for the night.
Our king size bedroom was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was just fine.
They were renovating and repairing which was good to see.
This hotel is not in the Beach area, a little out of the way, but is a nice place to stay,
All in all, I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, we are always glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed their visit. I hope we will see you again soon - and should you ever have any needs or problems please let us know as we are here to be of service. Best regards and I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Accommodations in August in New England by the beach are difficult to reserve at the last minute, and are very expensive because it's peak season. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We paid for the convenience and availability; far too much money, but again, we expected higher than average rates. In August, even weekday traffic on Route 1 could be a bit slow at times, but we were very close to the beautiful Rye coast ( take route 111 to route 1A) which we enjoyed immensely.

Our room was very clean. Our bedroom was comfortable--the standard trappings-- with seemingly updated, "sleek" furnishings. The bathroom was NOT at all updated but was immaculate. Check-in was fine and friendly. The cleanliness of the hallways did not match that of our room, a bit too much of the "yuck" factor in the corridors. The "fitness center" had 4 pieces of equipment, and when I used the elliptical, afterwards, I noticed the water cooler was empty and there were no towels around. Not good. Not safe. Not sanitary.

We did not take breakfast as it was only served until 9:30. Please! Who ends breakfast service when people on vacation are just waking up?!
No matter, we found a great spot down the road. Visit "Kay's Kafe" in the GALLEY HATCH restaurant. It's a cute little cafe spot within a large restaurant and they serve breakfast sandwiches, fruit & granola, pastries, etc. Very fresh, very good...breakfast until noon...yeah!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. Guest feedback allows us to know what we are doing right and what needs more attention. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again the next time you visit Hampton. Best regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not bad, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I booked through travelocity for 1 adult 2 children, the hotel stated that I asked for 1 king size bed??? and that they did not have 2 queens for me, after I showed them my confirmation email the hotel did provide me with a 2 queen bed room. The breakfast was decent, the indoor pool room was too hot and the chlorine smell was intense.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for your posting, I am glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable and enjoyed our complimentary buffet breakfast. I am uncertain of the details regarding your particular reservation, but when dealing with third-party booking agents it is always best to confirm the details of your itinerary directly with the property prior to travel. I certainly hope you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you to Hampton. All the best to you, please enjoy the rest of the summer!
Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very unprofessional staff, not helpful. Room had bad moldy smell. I can't believe this was a Best Western PLUS. Staff was also unhelpful when we had to leave early because of a death in the family. They even charged us a full night even though we told them we had to cut our vacation short early enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your posting, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately we are unable to resolve problems via this forum, if you have a concern about your billing please contact us directly at the hotel during regular business hours and we will be happy to assist you. Best regards.
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is in the process of updating the rooms. The room that we stayed was 90% completed, but did not get any deal on the room. Paid full price, as they would not accept the travel coupon. The rooms are nicely finished. Free Breakfast was good. Friendly staff.
parkking is free, and hotel is close to restaurants and Hampton Beach. Would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LV2TOUR
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our recent improvements. We have installed the new beds, televisions, and furniture and will be completing the common areas very shortly. I am sorry we were not able to honor any travel coupons during your stay (those rooms book very quickly in season!) but I hope you will find our pricing to be very competitive for the area. Unlike many other hotels that charge for extras, we include such amenities as our buffet breakfast, wireless internet, in-room refrigerators & microwaves at no additional cost. It is our goal to offer the best value for your travel dollar.

We thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton! Best regards.
Utica, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our family of six stayed at the Inn at Hampton for a family vacation to the ocean. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and there were plenty of extra towels, pillows, etc. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice with a selection and variety of cold cereal, toast, pancakes/french toast, eggs, ham/sausage/bacon, muffin/pastry, juices, and coffee. The exercise room and pool area were also enjoyable, but a bit too warm. It was a short drive to both the beach and a variety of family restaurants. We look forward to staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: The triple queen suite was great for our grown family of six.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hope295
Thank you so much for your kind review, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hampton in the near future. Best to you from all of us here at Best Western, I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.
Troy, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

When I look for a hotel I require an indoor pool and a restaurant on the premises. I asked about both of those things and was told that this hotel had both. They do have an indoor pool that is at a good temperature, the pool room is very hot. Probably at least 85*. The pool is also quite small so it gets crowded with only 5 people in it.

The hotel doesn't seem to lock any of the outside doors (at least every time I tried the exterior doors, they were open). I don't like that. I want to feel secure when I am away from home.

But I have to say that the staff was friendly. I had one of the cleaning staff ask me if my room was okay and it was. The room was clean and a decent size.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. Guest responses help us to know what we are doing right and what we can improve. I am very glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and responsive as we take pride in providing superior customer care. I am very sorry that you were misinformed about there being a restaurant on property. While there are many restaurants within walking distance (and hundreds within driving distance) our dining facility is only open for the complimentary morning buffet. Please be assured that we will conduct a review of all booking channels to ensure this is being accurately represented. Best regards and we hope to see you again.