“Pretty good, but nothing special.”

Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Pretty good, but nothing special.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight for a trip to the beach. The hotel is located a few miles from Hampton Beach, on a busy road next to a funeral home. The room was a mixture of updated/outdated. The shower and tub seemed new, but the sink was outdated in the bathroom. There was wood paneling on the ceiling that seemed new because we could still smell the varnish. The air conditioner was dirty-- there were hairs and yellow nail polish on the unit. That was gross! Some channels (like regular ESPN) did not tune in on the television, even though the guide said they were available. That was a little annoying. The bed was firm and extremely comfortable, but the pillows were small- like square couch pillows. Only 4 little pillows for a king sized bed looked ridiculous, and we should have asked for extra pillows. The swimming pool was nice, and on a quiet mid-week day we had it to ourselves. There was no hot tub. When we asked, the front desk said they did not have one. The facility is undergoing renovations, so there were some minor inconveniences due to that, but nothing that interfered with our stay. It was great that breakfast was included, but it was mediocre. There were pre-made western omelets, rubbery sausage that had good flavor, but a spongy texture that was off-putting, home fries were so dried out that they were inedible. The bright spots of breakfast were the french toast, danishes, juices, coffee and yogurt.

We would stay here again if we got a good deal, but I wasn't impressed enough to recommend it to my friends. There are nicer places to stay in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heather525
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is lead the industry in customer care and to make every stay a special one. I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences during your stay, but I hope you will check back as we are making constant improvements to the guest experience. The brand-new beds and flat screen TVs are just some of the things we have in store! Thank you for visiting and I wish you a fantastic summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Standish, Maine
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here unexpectedly and was happy with our stay. We were in a room that was redone... everything was bright and clean. The people that worked there were very friendly. The breakfast room was very nice the food was okay. Better than spending extra money at a local fast food joint. The pool bottom needs to be repainted, but was clean. A corner shelf near the hot tub needs to be fixed. It looked dirty but I believe the dirt was from a plant that spilled over. We would stay hear again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words. We definitely take pride in our property and in our staff. I hope we will be welcoming you back very soon. Best regards.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here recently and it was overall a good value. It could use some upgrading, badly. I did a b-bug inspection upon arrival (checking the mattress under the sheets and the box spring for evidence of the critters). There were no b-bugs but the mattress was obviously very old and pretty stained.

Breakfast was pretty bad (had to stick with the continental stuff - yogurt, cereal, etc because the eggs/waffles/etc were pretty awful).

Overall it served our purpose, it was cheap, clean enough (b-bug free), and centrally located.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank fireweed09
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your review, I hope you will come visit us again soon as we have big changes coming this spring! We will be introducing all-new flat panel TVs, deluxe bedding, updated bath features and much, much more. We would love to welcome you back to Hampton. I thank you for being our guest. Best regards.
Elizabethtown, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights this past late fall and found this place to be okay. We got the room for a good price and it came with a free cont. breakfast which was kinda bland. The property is in a good location. We used the pool and hot tub which was nice, no towels left though. The rooms were average I would say but overall, unless it was beach weather, we would stay here again for the same price. In the summer, spend the extra money and stay in Hampton Beach, closer to all the action!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, I am glad you found your stay to be a good value. I hope we will be welcoming you back to Hampton very soon. Best regards.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed for one weekend during family union. Price was the cheapest we could find in the area. It was a short drive to the beach. The hotel was very clean. The receptionist was very friendly. Bed wasn't the most comfortable but for the price I can't complain. We also loved the breakfast. Lots of selection.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
We greatly value our guests here at the Best Western Plus The Inn of Hampton and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. I am very glad that you enjoyed our amenities and found your stay to be a great value. I hope we will be welcoming you back to New Hampshire soon. All the best to you and yours this holiday season!
Massachusetts
Reviewed November 9, 2011

For the second year, my Reach the Beach Relay team stayed at the Best Western Hampton Inn. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. Definitely a value for the price. The free buffet breakfast is pretty decent too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
It is our pleasure to be of service and it is very gratifying for all of us to hear that you have enjoyed your visits. I hope we will see you again at your next event! Best regards.
Corinth, Vermont
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My spouse and I stayed one night on our last beach trip of the season. This hotel is within 20 minutes of the very fine beaches on Plum Island located right across the border in Massachusetts. The check-in was very pleasant. Our room was on the second floor and had a vaulted ceiling that gave a standard sized room a nice, larger feel to it. The sliding glass door doesn't go anywhere--just opens and looks onto someone's backyard, but as a devotee of fresh air I appreciated being able to use that feature. There was no screen so in any other season that might not allow for leaving the "door" open.
The beds were quite comfortable and I appreciated the duvet rather than a scratchy econo-bedspread.
The bathroom was perfectly clean and nicely stocked with the usual personal care items; the shower worked fine and the drain ran well. No complaints.
The breakfast was fine but not exceptional: cold cereal, fruit, yogurt and pre-cooked eggs, sausage and waffles. Suited me perfectly well as one does not expect the Ritz for $100/night on Route 1. The breakfast attendants kept the room clean and stocked.
All in all I was pleased that this hotel delivered just what I expected for a budget priced hotel near a busy summer-time beach area: clean room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, plenty of breakfast choices.

Room Tip: I did not see the ground floor rooms, but the second floor rooms have a vaulted ceiling that makes t...