“Hagan's Grill Equals Perfection”
Review of Hagan's Grill

Hagan's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hagan's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have been in business for over 11 years. Serving mostly our locals with the best, fresh and local products we can buy. Our chef has an amazing background and experience who had travel and worked all over the world. He has created an amazing menu that gives our customers many options to choose from. The chef is fluent in French and English and the owner having her own experience comes from a well diverse ethnic background... speaking also many languages the two have created an amazing all around international cooking experience for yo enjoy. Therefore, that makes you come back over and over. Our consistency not only in the food but service has giving this amazing restaurant the best reputation in this neighborhood. Customer rave as well Taste Magazine calling it...one of "the best kept secrets in the Seacoast". Phantom Gourmet giving them thumps up! Amazing reviews by Trip Advisor and Awards for being the most reviewed and best customers choice for dining. Not to forget that every dish has a delicious wine to pair with. Not into wine, no worries... some of the best Martinis are here... tell us what you like we can make it... of course, providing we carry those ingredients. HAGAN'S is open Mondays-Saturdays from 5-10 and the bar is open until closing. * we also cater any event in house for up to 60 people and if you like us to come to your place just let us know, we can cater your event.
Reviewed May 31, 2018

I have been here a few times already and thought I should write a review from my experience. I am truly shocked to see people here that have had bad experiences while here. I have been here 3 out of the 4 weeks of May. My last visit was May 26th, and figured I should share my experience with everyone else. Each & every time I have been greeted by Dora (owner) as I walk in and she tends to always have the "James" table (bar area) set & ready to go for me and my friend(s).

I tend to order a Nespresso Martini to start off my evening, and the bartender Jill always makes them to perfection. I like to keep it light and start off with the bacon wrapped scallops as a starter. The maple mustard syrup drizzled over the perfectly cooked bacon wrapped around the delicious scallops is nothing short of a perfect blend in your mouth. I can't seem to get enough of the baby spinach salad. I would recommend that you should add chicken and for the $15 it will cost you. The size of the chicken breast that comes with the salad is superb compared to every other place I have been. I enjoy the delightful mixture of baby spinach, red onions, gorgonzola cheese, shaved almonds & fresh fruit all blended with the raspberry vinaigrette is something that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Its really hard to write everything into this review, but from the spinach salad to the braised short ribs, to the Honey Apple Stuffed Center Cut Pork Chop, to the Indian Curry Seared Shrimp & Scallops I haven't had one bad meal. My friend(s) have had other dishes that I have sampled and everything has come out to absolute perfection. The duck, chicken saltimbocca, & haddock that I have sampled from friends plates were also wonderful. I decided to try out the Kahlua Chocolate Mousse yesterday evening and surprise surprise it was absolutely phenomenal. If chocolate is not your thing the Key Lime pie is a good choice and the "chocolate" truffles (2 scoops of vanilla ice cream are on the plate also).

Something I would like to point out is that it is a small establishment and does tend to be busy during the dinner rush. The wait staff all do an amazing job keeping the patrons fully satisfied so please be patient if it takes a moment for them to get to you. I promise everything will be better than you ever imagined it to be.
If you are in the area and are looking for something new to check out, or would just like a low key evening then I highly recommend you go check out Hagan's Grill for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank James A

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Average food over priced great service. Have not been here in a long time. Arrived at 6 and was not overly busy. Beet salad had two beets in it. Seafood chowder was potatoes and salmon and watery. Filet was just ok and the sirloin was not tender. Desert was very good. Mouse. Definitely not a $120 dinner for two with soda and two beers

Dora H, Manager at Hagan's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

First of all we like to thank you for joining us and taking the time to review us. Regrettably, it looks like we have failed with you and your wife on our food. We have a very extensive menu (meaning many options) for all sort of educated pallets. Our many varies in prices to accommodate everyone's budget. Our dishes are created with some of our best local produce and our fish is deliver daily. We support our local businesses by giving them the opportunity provide us with home made pasta. Unfortunately, due to our limited space we are unable to make it in house. However, all our desserts are made in house by our chef. We are very please that you enjoyed our Chocolate Moose "I think that's what you meant to say"..."not mouse. No worries is all good! We do hope that you try us again. If not, we understand and wish you well!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Deli is the greatest Chef. His Curry is the finest. Hopefully Jill is working behind the bar and you will have a really special night.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for visiting us. We really appreciate your wonderful review and we will pass the kind compliments to the chef and Jill. We take a lot of pride in what we do and all of us at Hagan's Grill from Jill, Brit, Jake, Jen, Jason and Tyler invite you to give us all a chance on servicing you and we thank you so much for being such a wonderful patron! We look forward in seeing you soon. Cheers!

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing after reading many great reviews. Maybe we hit an off night. Our waitress did not seem familiar with the wine list nor did she check to be sure we were getting what we ordered.we ordered the shrimp taco special and received something else. Our Caesar salad and calamari were delicious but our pork chop had an odd almost rancid taste. Kobe burger was just ok. With the exception of the calamari, the portions were huge. We also felt there was not enough light. Ambiance is fine but we like to see what we are eating!

I also like to start by saying Thank you so much for visiting us and for taking the time to review us. We truly regret and apologize for our server. We did just hired some new people and as much as we try to train them all it can be quite difficult in this business to determine once they are on their own how they handle a situation. We have read our comment and have taken into consideration so that we can better train our new staff. Again, my apologies on this.

As for the food. I"m sorry you feel this way. Our food is prepared fresh daily ... I wish you had brought this to our attention..."rancid taste" would had been something that if that was me I would make sure the chef and manager was aware. This is something we take very seriously.

Again, sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We do hope that you try us again but if you don't we understand and wish you well. Thank you anyhow for visiting us. Cheers!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

We love Hagan's Grill. This was our third visit and the place I chose for my birthday. The menu is excellent. Something for everyone. From curry to steaks to fish to pasta, they have it all and they do it all well. Chef is creative and makes unique dishes that are different but not too far out there. The edamame dumplings for instance melt in your mouth. I highly recommend the brie appetizer with a hint of cinnamon sugar topping and a spicy fruit compote. I could have eaten the whole thing. Our party of 6 order 6 different entrees and they were all delicious. My only one tiny complaint was a minor plating issue. I ordered the pork chop and it came in a bowl on top of the mashed potatoes and apple chutney and it was very hard to cut and differentiate the ingredients. It should have been served on a flat plate with the ingredients separated a bit. But that wasn't enough to bring this review down a star. I'll just not order that again or ask for it on a plate instead. I also LOVE that they take reservations!

Thank you so much for taking time to review us. We really appreciate you feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your birthday wit us. We look forward in seeing you again and on behalf of all at Hagan's Grill we like to thank you one more time for visiting us and for your wonderful review. Cheers!

Been to Hagan's Grill? Share your experiences!