“Definitely would stay here again”

Nautical Motel & Suites
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Spent 2 nights here Memorial Day weekend. I called to advise that we were running late and were assured it would be no problem. When we arrived the manager was friendly, professional and also was able to personally contact a restaurant and ask them (successfully) to stay open a bit later for us. We were walking around the next day and decided to spend another night. The manager was again very helpful.

I would absolutely stay here again. We were close enough to the strip (walking to and from) to do a bit of shopping and enjoy the beach but enough away that our room was quiet at night. We had a refrigerator and microwave as well.

The room served the purpose it was intended for. A place to sleep, park, a place to keep the drinks cold, close enough to walk to bars and restaurants, quick walk to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2008

There were 5 of us that wanted to spend a weekend in Hampton Beach in August and ran in to many obsticals, such as minimum stays and maximum capacity. We knew the hotel had really bad reviews from the Trip Advisor site, but really wanted to go. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we could not find one single thing we could say was nice. We had to climb a wooden stair case that was all rotted out and had big holes in the steps. When we ever opened the door to the room, we all had the same "uh oh" look. Immediately inside the apartment is a SMALL 2 x 4 bathroom that you can only stand in the shower, no room to move in it, a sink with no vanity, up against the wall and about a half a foot from the shower. The so called "fully equipped kitchen DOES NOT EXIST. Bring your own pans, etc. if you plan on cooking. The kitchen floor was disgusting and the rest of the so called "Suite" was about as old as time itself. The entire "Suite" was probably up-dated about 50 years ago. I have never in my life seen a motel in such depolorable condition. To top it all off, the rates are outrageous. Believe what has been written about this place. DON'T BOOK IT. You'll be sorry. We would NEVER book this place again. We would rather sleep in the car. Parking is another issue. There is none. I can't say enough bad things about this place, really.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank misterkitty
TonyHampton, owner at Nautical Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2009

We offered an upgrade to a larger unit, closer to the ocean. We also own a parking lot with ample parking. People spend most of their time on our beautiful beach, not in the bathroom. Also we do not have weather insurance when it rains for refunds. We offer upgrades to satisfy customers, some do not like our beach, they think they're in the Hamptons in Long Island not NH. Thank you.

Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life not to mention how rude the people were. The area is not the best as well. There are holes in the walls and floors. The shower was very small and you had to try to take your shower without touching the shower curtain because it was black with mildew. The freezer was frosted up with ice with what looked like things had been spilled and it was never cleaned. There were few to no dishes (not that I would want to use them anyway). There were some towels that were given to us that I refused to use because it looked like they were not clean. There was NO PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP at all!!! We paid for an ocean view room and the only way you could see the ocean was to hang out over the porch and look down the other end of the street. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had in my life and I travel often. I could not wait to get home! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The photos on the web are nothing like what the rooms really look like. It is not just one. We had a group that went and all of the rooms were bad.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank BaltimoreBabe2

We offered our apologies because the European chambermaid hadn't got to cleaning this unit. These problems weren't mentioned until the end of the stay. We had another unit ready to go at a discounted price. We didn't know of any unsatisfactory feelings until their departure. We always offer upgrades when we know people aren't happy. All of our properties are not the same on our website. They confuse the more expensive units with the apartments. This is Hampton, NH., not The Hamptons on Long Island. Thank you

Reviewed August 5, 2008

My boyfriend and I wanted to stay for 2 nights, we have been planning for a while. when we got there the man told us that we would have to stay in 2 rooms, so we decided to stay for one night. we overpaid for one of the little cottages out back. when we walked in there was dirt all over the floors, the lights didn't work, the smoke detectors had no batteries, there was mold in the bathroom and the floor around the toilet was soft, the toilet paper roll holder kept falling off. The bathroom door was closed for a reason, to open it smelled soo bad! our cottage had a refridgerator and freezer, the freezer had ice about an inch thick built up in it, and it was brown, something had obviouslly spilled and froze. when we went to crawl into bed the bed didn't have fitted sheets, just a top sheet and it had dirt and white crusty stuff all over it. one of the drawers had a fishing luer in it. The room had not been cleaned! When we checked out the man did not ask us how are stay was, I am sure he knew we over paid for crap! we told him our complaints and he said "its all I have" and "I'll have them look at it." I dont know if he worked there or if he was the owner, but we will never go back. the place was nasty.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdelude19
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I'm not picky. I'm comfortable staying in a hostel. But this place was HORRIBLE!! The place was a dump, falling apart. old used toilet paper laying around with (you know what) on it. appliances were rusty, not working and falling apart. Bed was broken. I didn't dare look under the sheets. They are a scam! when you try to cancel due to unsuitable conditions... they will refuse to refund your money. PLEASE, save yourself the hassle. A frat house would be a joy to sleep in compared to this place!

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank surfermass

We have a 2 week cancellation period. When it rains we cannot give money back. We offer upgrades and we have several chambermaids on duty if we miss cleaning a portion of a room. Some maids live in our properties and are 1 or 2 doors away. Communication with these European chambermids has been difficult but we are hands on. Sometimes people exaggerate because of the rain, sorry but our units are remodeled and we get several compliments for this same unit. Thank you.

Reviewed July 8, 2008

I woke up in this dump to find 3 hypodermic needles in my bed. Thank God they were at the bottom of the sheets and didn't stab me.

I would not recommend this Motel to anyone who values their health and safety. If I could give them 0 stars I would.
The rest of the room was in poor condition as too. It looked like it hadn't been dusted in years and when I turned the ceiling fan on, a plume of debris was kicked up.

Other than that, it's a pretty small crumby motel. Definitely not worth the prices it's listed for during the "in" season.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank incubus1062

There was a diabetic in the room before this stay. There is no excuse for this, this was a mistake by our cleaning crew and I take full responsibility for the uncleanliness and lack of training for this European maid. Coincidently she turned out to be my best cleaner and organizer by Labor Day. She learned from her mistakes and so did I. Thank you,

Reviewed June 23, 2008

Ouch,
Upon reviewing online several motels in Hampton Beach, we decided on the Nautical Motel. The web site shows a clean freshly painted 2 bedroom apartment with sunlit windows and brite colored linens and curtains. Beware of pictures! When we arrived we asked to see the apartment we booked and were escorted by a friendly man we will call R. At first glance we thought we did well as the room was down the street from the motel and away from traffic. When he opened the door we were greeted by a moldy smell and badly stained worn out carpet, a couch that had seen better days, windows that were so dirty you couldn't see through them and stained linens. We did not even look in the bathroom. We asked if we could see a single room as we were not sleeping in the apartment. When we viewed the singles we knew we were trapped because we saw more of the same dirty stained stuff! We booked for two nights but after scratching ourselves to sleep, we decided we would leave early the next morning. We told R we were not happy with the accomodations and he arrogantly reminded us of the cancelation policy all around the office.
Just a note to R, we did not cancel but were so skeived by how clean and neat you keep your place we had no choice but to make an early exit.
My advice to travelers, go and see first hand what you are getting here or use a local real estate company.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank PaTravelinman

I think that some people may be allergic to some of our cleaning products. We are the only motel that uses detergent, bleach and oxyclean in all our washers. We have a 2 week cancellation policy and when it rains people are hard to please. Thank you.