“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Kentville on the Ocean
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Taunton mass
“Home away from home”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The kentville is a excellent place to go if you want a quite restfull place imagine sitting on the frt porch in a old fashion rocker watching people walk to the beach frt.
the rooms are clean, frt desk staff very helpful, and low price .
Great place for the sea food fest close but away from noise

Room Tip: Park your car all week you will not need it you are walking distance to beach , great rest. Arcades
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We just stayed at the Kentville last Wednesday and Thursday night and will not ever go there again. When we checked in the girl on the desk acted like we were bothering her. I am on crutches and our room was on the third floor. There is no elevator. They did not offer a first floor room. Every interaction we had with the girls at the front desk during those 2 days was unacceptable. They could not have been more unfriendly.
The room smelled of mildew and never got better, even with the slider open. No water pressure in the shower; just a 3 stream trickle. The microwave did not work. The AC thermostat was not working. I set it at 70 and it just kept cranking out cold air. I woke up in the middle of the night freezing.
The picture they use to advertise is a ruse. They had some fraying flags hanging where the flowers were supposed to be. Really tacky. Spend the extra money if you can and go to a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tina G

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great location - okay rooms. Need to be updated for sure - but the staff was nice and it was right across the street from the beach. It is at the "quieter" end of the boardwalk, which was nice for our family. A little pricey for the outdated rooms.

1 Thank VT_Fam_o3
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed here before and given a great review. This last stay was awful. My husband and I stayed for one night in early August. The room was very dirty. I don't think the sheets had been changed and I felt like I had to wear my shoes in the room as the carpet was gross. There were stains on the spread and rust on the lamp. As we were only staying one night and the hotel has a policy of having 10 minutes to inspect the room, we just stayed and enjoyed the beautiful beach and view. I am not surprised about the 10 minute policy or forever hold your peace, as the place is in serious need of a remodel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank camille a
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 9, 2013

A room that is 300 per night should be a WHOLE lot better that what we got. Holes in the slider curtain that let in light. No screen in said slider so bugs just flew on in as they pleased. The dresser was missing a drawer. Bathroom was the size of a postage stamp and the shower head fell off onto my 14 year old son. Phone was unusable with no dial tone. <good thing 99% of people have cell phones> Gap in the door serves as your night light. broken slats on the so called private deck which had a common door leading to it with no indication that it was private.
Terribly disappointing and a waste of money.
We had previously stayed at the Kentville but on the ground floor where you have soggy carpets and outdated furniture and fixtures. Too bad we gave them a second chance.

3 Thank Laurie K
manchester
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed two nights in room 2 (second floor, ocean view) with the expectation of a private deck, what I really got was a deck that is only partitioned with a chain and sign saying that this is a private deck (which didn't stop another guest from using a common area hallway door to access our "private deck".) Inside the room we found that the entrance door had large enough gaps that we used the light coming in from the hallway as a night light, and the lock lacking much security. I had to move one of the beds so that I could plug the bedside lamp in so we could use it and the phone wasn't plugged in because the line was located in another part of the room where the phone was. The bed linen didn't seem to fit the bed and there were cob webs on the ceiling light.
Be careful taking a shower as the shower head fell off during one shower and the hot/cold setting handle can't make up its mind what temp it wants to be on, going against what you might want. The bathroom itself is VERY small, so be careful with anything that you have to do in there.
The ocean view deck is very nice, you can see a lot of the beach and ocean. We did spend a lot of time enjoying that. You will have to move the table and chairs so that the table will block the loose railing slate they have there, but that will then show you the slate that was replaced with one that is smaller then what is needed, (looks like amateur repair doing)
I spent a lot of money (over $300 per night) on this room thinking that we were going to get what the website advertised as a "premium room", but all we ended up with was something sub par for that price! We will be looking elsewhere to stay on our next trip to Hampton.

4 Thank Rick K
Blackstone, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The website looked great, the location looked great, the person taking reservation was polite and answered my questions and the price was high, $196 per night, but not as high as some others so I figured I could take the chance for two nights in July. Wrong!!! This place clearly has not been repaired or renovated in many years. Let me start with security. You can tell by my pictures that the locks were totally inadequate and could have been forced open by just about anyone. There wasn't even a deadbolt inside to keep a perpetrator out. There were not any windows so the only way to get air was to keep the door open but there wasn't even a screen and people just walked by the door on the way to deck or to their rooms. Very insecure set up. The ac spitted out warm air and sounded like a jet engine. The mattress seemed to be a bag of old rags or something. Simply awful nights sleep. The linens were stained but the manager said that they were just bleach stains. I didn't believe it. I have to give them credit for having a decent TV set with good cable. The worse part was the bathroom. Wait till you see my pictures. The linoleum was so stained around the toilet that it looked like someone missed the bowl! The tub was ok with new faucets which I appreciated. The vanity was white and stained with a built in Kleenex holder and bottle opener that was rusty and full of dust. Lastly the staircase was very creepy and dangerously steep.
We had booked for two nights but left after the first night. The manager who looked about 25 said that he would tell the owner why we left early. He never apologized or wished us a safe trip home. I waisted $200 by going home a night early but at least I was able to sleep in a safe and clean environment!

• Stayed July 2013