“This place was perfect for our girls weekend away!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Keene, NH
“This place was perfect for our girls weekend away!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My girlfriends and I wanted a place close to the beach with a private outside area for our first annual girls/mom's weekend away! The Grayhurst was PERFECT! We rented Apt 7 on the top floor because I wanted a good ocean view and loved the big private deck! The rooms were very clean and the beds were super comfy! The bathroom was quite small but I'm a very tall 6 ft so some bathrooms can feel small to me. Bill Cosby was there at the Casino the first night, and two bands were there the second night. When we shut the patio door and the windows, it was completely silent. We didn't hear a darn thing and slept like rocks. Ken was super awesome and friendly. We used the outdoor grills and enjoyed the common eating/patio space out back. Can't wait to come back again next year. My one and only complaint is that there are two small holes in the floor, under the carpeting. My friend, who recently had surgery on both feet, was scared to death that she'd trip and fall or twist her ankle. I am sure it's an easy fix. Thank you Ken!!!! See you in 2015!

Room Tip: Apt. 7 has a great view!!! Easily can sleep 4 if you don't mind sleeping together in double beds...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank torianne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Willington, Connecticut
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth time staying here Ken is awesome! Place is conveniently located right across the street from beach. Rooms are great, I'd recommend the suites for space. I've never been in cottage or apts but heard they are great as well! Look forward to another stay next year!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy C
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Best thing about the Grayhurst is that its so conveniently located! Its right across from the Casino Ballroom so if you sit on the private deck at night you can hear the concerts. Its also very clean and Ken is super helpful and nice. I love the fact that they have a court yard area with gas grills with picnic tables and space to store your beach gear. I would definitely stay here again and have already been recommending it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private deck, makes for a larger area to lounge around when not at the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MHolmes73
chesterton, IN
Reviewed August 10, 2014

It is an old place, but the rooms were fine and clean. With the hotel so close to the beach, we came back during the day to lounge around. We had free parking about a block or so away, but you don't need your car with the beach so close and you wouldn't to drive in that traffic mess anyway. We had a good time and Ken was great. We did not meet Donna. If we are ever in the area again I'd go back for a stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank firebug1087
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at Grayhurst this past weekend. Ken and Donna made us feel at home right away.They more than accommodated me. I needed tin foil for the grill at one point. I needed a band-aid the next morning. They don't even bat an eye. I appreciated that. Our room was spotless, and we had a great view off balcony. Rm 7! You are just steps away from the beach and tons of restaurants. The best part is the area in back where you can grill your own food, or just hang out and play cards. Highly recommend if you want to feel comfortable and be in a clean place that's close to everything.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room and preferably with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amandaleigh75
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 night this past weekend. The place was small but it was expected based on the reviews we had read. Location was AWESOME! We went to a show Saturday night at the ballroom. We were a 2 minute walk to the show! The beach is very close also, Just a few minutes up from the hotel.
The owner was very nice. The place was very clean.
Cannot beat this place, we will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony C
waterford ny
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Returned to the Grayhurst for another year. We once again welcomed with smiles and hugs , Ken and Donna are not only our hosts but friends as well.
Home away from home always a comfy stay.
Close to everything. Clean rooms beautiful views,nice warm guests you become close too, and two incredible people who go above and beyond to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
I would never stay anywhere else at Hampton. Booked for two weeks next yr. I could on and on, i have not a single negative thing to say. I highly recommend. You will fall in love as well.

• Stayed July 2014