“Summer Bliss”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Summer Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Lovely accommodation with many perks. I was in town for a concert in June and stayed at the Grayhurst for one night and couldn't have been happier. The room was clean with an incredibly comfortable bed. The hotel has plenty of patio and deck space to enjoy dinner or a drink before the concert or night out. The location is right in the heart of Hampton Beach - across the street from the Casino Ballroom and less than 5 minutes from the beach. Parking is free and close. The owner is accommodating and kind. Not only would I recommend this establishment but I plan to go back next time I see a show at the Casino Ballroom.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ashley z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montpelier, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Recommend
Privacy:

Those who know me know that Hampton is my second home and I've stayed in many condos/rentals and for hotels-always The Ashworth and would have continued to do so until, I found this amazing place! Simply stated-you'd be outta your mind not to try it!

Pros: Location- It's right between the Casino ballroom (you can hear the damn shows playing from the deck! We heard Slash rock out and it sounded as if he was 10 ft away!). Parking-You get the usual one spot but it's in front of the police station. No need to worry about banged doors, misplaced garbage or walking more then 100 yards to get to your car. Cleanliness- I am a super snob about this. I don't want to worry about picking up some life-long 'gift' from a weekend away. I don't want to sensor my use of the shared balcony table while away. I especially don't want to reconsider the need of a shower based on the vibe I've gotten in some places. I worried about NONE of that at the Grayhurst. I felt comfortable inside just chilling as well as outside and visiting with the Owner, his family and/or other neighbors.
Service: one word-perfect. From check in to check out. People were patient, kind, funny and concerned about how you were enjoying yourself. It truly gave you an 'at home' feeling. The room we got was last minute (booked day I wanted to arrive), and was small but this mattered little. I wasn't looking for anything other then something clean and that had a bed. The room was/had both.
The price: Un-flipping-believable!!! I've spent more on a dinner three weeks prior (at the Castaways Seafood & Grill--not recommended by the way), then I did for TWO nights at the Grayhurst! It's a great feeling to not have to shell out 250+ per night (esp. during busy/high season)!!!
Cons: I had to leave. That is it. I can't point out anything to concern yourself with staying here. It was such a last minute score and I really hope that if you are taking the time to read this-you'll take the risk and book a few nights here. It is so worth it.

29 mins after checking out-I received a message that I had left behind my iPod. Anyone could have pocketed it (cleaning staff or office staff once it was turned it), and I would just be without it. I was called and told "Pick it up whenever, it will be here." Really?! Unheard of service at unheard of prices. Thanks for a great mini-vaca Grayhurst!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank VermontDuck
Goshen, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was our 4th year staying at the Grayhurst, and we were reminded once again of why it feels like a second home. First of all, Ken and Donna, the owners, recognized us from our previous stays and were as friendly as ever. Our favorite apartment, #5, was as pristine as usual. We had forgotten our Cribbage board, but Ken had one at the ready for us. With two kids ages 4 and 2.5, we are so thankful for the close proximity to the beach, playground and boardwalk. All of it is just steps from the hotel, and yet, when bedtime comes, you can't hear any of the noise. We are also very grateful for "Boogie Board Alley" on the premises which is a designated place to leave your beach items and rinse off so you don't bring the entire beach into the hotel room or home with you. We love Grayhurst and look forward to returning year after year!

Room Tip: Apartment #5 is just right for four people. It's two rooms- one of them is the bedroom, and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LithiaLady
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very clean and conveniently close to the beach, restaurants and shops. We were a very late arrival and Ken called us en route to see how far away we still were, he waited for our 1 am arrival and was very pleasant about it. Ken was very accommodating with answers to all our questions, and his recommendations for restaurants were right-on! Our room was very small but cozy and extremely clean, and didn't break the budget. Since the reason for our mini vacation was the beach, we couldn't have been more pleased. The beach was very clean, with white sand and blue water, the weather was perfect, and it was literally steps away from Grayhurst Hotel. We had a great time, and left with fond memories of our first trip to Hampton Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ellen G
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Planning a trip to Hampton every 4th of July is kinda a ritual to us Valentin, Morales, Rodriguez, Willar families and our usual spot was booked due to a wedding. Everything was booked and surprisly enough we managed to find Grayhurst. Booked reservation w/ Mr. Ken whom was very accomdating. Got here room was clean and decent. When he says it fits 4 he means it! They have 2 grills in the back of hotel. Seating area as well. Nice....The only thing I did not like was that we have a very "BIG FAMILY" and of course the they are going to want to visit you (considering we had to book in several other hotels throughout boardwalk n out of it.) My niece n her friend wanted to go chill explore the stores buy our soveniours ..so my mom met them downstairs. We were just chit chatting (hi what d u going today blah blah) "waiting for the "pouring rain" to subside" they needed to use bathroom. We led them upstairs to use ours. As we where going to leave Mr. Ken calls my mom over and stated to her a reminder that only guests regestired are allowed. She responds with yes she knows rules. They staying somewhere else. Ok so the whole point is that he couldn't wait till our guests/family leave to tell us whatever. He's "constantly in the front of the hotel with wife watching everything that's going on." Who's coming who's going. If you are going to ALLOW VISITORS MAX 2 ( ur words on website) THEN WHY COMPLAIN? U say ur family friendly but you made my family members uncomfortable just for using the bathroom. If u have friends/family visiting it'll b a issue.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Yilem V
grayhurst, Owner at The Grayhurst Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
I am sorry you felt it wasn't necessary to mention the extra people in your party.

We are a small family owned hotel that has a great location and a backyard that most of the other hotels do not have. The reason I limit the number of unregistered people from the property is so that my guests can have the full enjoyment of the property. There was a time when 2 people rented a standard room and I found 10 of their friends taking up the backyard (not fair to the rest of the registered guests). Also, we are very family oriented and usually have children here and I do not want people that are not registered wandering around.

From time to time my wife and I do sit on our front porch to enjoy the weather. It is the only location we have to sit outside. Also, now and then we do use the grills in the backyard, so you might se us there. Our owners unit is very small and we do enjoy the outdoors.

I am sorry that your stay did meet your expectations.
Ken
owmer
Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

The room fit all 5 of us comfortably and the amenities in the room made our time easier and much more affordable, as we were able to prepare breakfast in the room and not have to pay for the meal for 5. There was plenty of room to eat and prepare the meal. The room was quaint and comfortable, as well as clean. Loved the location, right across from the beach, quick and convenient. Parking was great, as we were headed out of the town upon leaving the parking lot, so less time waiting in traffic. We are looking forward to our next trip to Hampton and we will stay at Grayhurst.

Room Tip: There was an electric skillet, full size refrigerator and a waffle iron in room 5, with plenty of st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kandee S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say the room was small but It was very cozy but we managed to make it work, the motel and rooms we're very clean which was very important. The owner Ken and his wife where very pleasant and helpful when we needed something they where right there. There was no parking on the property but the gave me a pass to use right down the street which was free that was great. What was especially nice you only have to walk about 100' and you are right at the beach plus restaurants and also the sea shell where you hear great music. So if you are looking for a great place at a reasonable price with good benefits I recommend the Gray Hurst Hotel. Dave Miller

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends