“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Overall, you can't beat it! Ken was fantastic, the location couldn't be any better and the place was very clean. The room is a bit small but perfect for a couple just there to sleep. It's got a perfect beach like atmosphere. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good time!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We picked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor ratings and was not disappointed. This year we did a Mountain / Ocean Vacation, and the Grayhurst Hotel was our Ocean part of our vacation. Like someone said if you are looking for the Ritz and huge rooms go elsewhere. But if you are looking for a great location, friendly staff and owner, clean rooms, great prices this is the place for you.

It is a vintage hotel which looks like they are modernizing. With the rooms being small, the greatest thing that Ken has added is the new platform beds, Mattress and Pillows very comfortable, and ours had 3 drawers that pulled out and provided a huge amount of storage, which minimized the feeling of the small room as you could tuck a lot away. The maid was in and out fast and everything was clean and in order, excellent job. I was weary about the parking when making the reservations, but once we arrived I found out it was a 2 min walk down the street right at the police station, so that made me feel good about that. The hotel was so close to things, we parked the car and never went back until it was time to leave.

I don't know why I had this feeling, but I felt very safe and didn't have any worry about leaving things in the room. It was like family watching over us and our stuff. And after spending the first day at the beach, I knew I made the right choice after over hearing people talking about their hotels that they were staying at we knew that we made the right choice.

Also Ken was very helpful in making the most of our short two day stay. Will be back again and hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my 2 girlfriends stayed in Greyhurst hotel last month, If we speak about the hotel only, it was good, small rooms but that's ok, near the beach and restaurants and theres a free parking but The host was the biggest issue. He was nice until the day we were checking out when he accused us of stealing some sheets. I have never felt more insulted in my life. He accused us simply because our room was the last one he didnt look in for those sheets that have disappeared (which I dont understand, if sheets are missing from one room why would they be in another..) Anyway, he barely even asked us if we knew anything about the sheets, he just litteraly asked us to get out of his hotel and I told him we will not leave until he goes and verifies in our room if those mysterious sheets were there. He looked and came back down ashamed of his reaction because OBVIOUSLY they weren't in the room. He started being all apologetic but the harm was already done. Although our stay was good I will NEVER step foot in that hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank sam623
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights for a fun filled girls weekend. The greyhurst was everything we expected. Ken greeted us warmly when we arrived we were happy to see that our room looked exactly as we expected it to. And it was as stated very clean. It is a "vintage beach motel" which we loved and found charming just dont go to the grayhurst expecting the Ritz! The balcony was a fantastic addition to the room it was a great place to hang out in the evening and have a cocktail after dinner. we even got to listen to a concert one night. The beach is less than a five minute walk away! Overall we were very happy And plan to stay again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LindseyDVT
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Nothing amazing in my opinion. I was very impressed how clean the room was though. Also, the owner is very pleasant. The negatives: the walls are paper thin. You can hear everything. Very uncomfortable bed. Thin blankets.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our second year coming to the Greyhurst Hotel and we were not disapointed.

We had Suite #8, and stayed with our 2 year old and 6 month old. Everything was sparkling clean when we arrived. The beds and bedding were comfy and the towels- thick and luxurious- better than at any other hotel I've ever stayed at!

Ken, the owner, is super friendly. Always greeted us with a smile.

The location is perfect! Directly across from the casino, you would think the music would be too loud, but it isn't. You can hardly hear a thing inside your room. There is a beautiful front porch to sit out on, "Boogeyboard Alley" where you put your beach chairs, etc, and grills and tables in the back. Ken has thought of everything! You can see the boardwalk from the hotel, and the beach is literally steps away. I can't say enough about how ideal the location is.

We consider the Greyhurst our home away from home while we're at Hampton Beach. It is a true gem that I would highly recommend to anyone (thus why I take the time to write this review)! Stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LithiaLady
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place was great! We got the suite with the two bedrooms. The rooms were good size and so clean! The price was great! It was a great location and the owner Ken was really nice. I look forward to staying there next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple