“Awesome Place to Stay”

Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Awesome Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was staying at the OC when the storm of the century hit, and it was so awesome, the waves from the ocean were crashing against the Hampton wall and the water was coming over. I stood out on the deck and took pictures. The excellent drainage took care of it all and my car, parked in the car port, never even got wet. I loved staying at the OC because every night the sound of the waves put me to sleep and this side of Hampton is quieter than the middle of Hampton. Also, due to its location you don't run into any traffic jams. Both Mary Ann and Jo Ellen were very friendly to me, as I picked up my mail and phone calls on a daily basis and both gave me touristy information and tips about where to eat and where to shop that made my stay more enjoyable and Anna did a tip top job and my room was spotless the whole time. I highly recommend this Hotel. Oh, the mattress was so comfortable too and contributed to having a great night's rest. I can't say enough good things about this place. I never was disturbed by other guests or loud noises. The carpet in the halls were always spotless, the waste containers were always emptied daily (with never a waste pile up that I have seen at other places) and there were never any bad odors. The water pressure for the showers was excellent as well.

Room Tip: If you go on the 5th floor you do not hear any traffic noise, only the ocean... which is awesome but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank SheilaH224

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the OC in mid February for a little get away. We always travel to the area in the mid February and have stayed at three other places that can't compare. Hands down this is the best! We were welcomed by very friendly staff. Our room was on the fifth floor with a wonderful view of the ocean sunrise and sound of the waves. It was very clean, well maintained, very quiet and we could not have asked for anything more. The card access security is very reassuring. You also receive a dedicated parking spot. We will look no further and definately return to OC Studio Suites. Thanks for a terrific stay and for being so friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LetsGoNow17
Whitefield, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I just got back from 5 wonderful days at OC. Great location overlooking the ocean, a sort walk across the highway. Very clean suite with a friendly staff. Comfortable beds and quiet, didn't hear the people around us. Planning to go back next summer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 42151nan
Montreal
Reviewed April 10, 2012

First time at the OC. There is unobstrocted view of the ocean, right across from a quiet beach. There is a private balcony as well which is quite rare. The suites are very clean, comfortable and new. If you're looking for a quiet getaway to read and to hear the ocean waves, this is the place to go in New Hampshire. Staff is also very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Janymontreal
West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed at the OC for the first time for New Years Night. The hotel is at the far end, past the strip. If you are expecting to be in the heart of everything and walking distance to the beach or any night life then this is not the place your looking for. (unless you don't mind walking for 30+ minutes to the strip). There is a beach across the street when the tides are low, when it is high tide there is no beach. If your looking for a place driving distance to the strip and out of the way, quiet and clean then this will be perfect.
The Hotel was extremely clean and had a beautiful view. I stayed on the fourth floor and could watch the waves from our bed. The actual room was large, with a queen bed and a pull out sofa bed. The room had a large mini fridge, micro wave, toaster and small bar sink. The bathroom was large and extremely clean. If i had to say one bad thing of the room it would be that the tiles in the bathroom floor were too large, if you get water on the floor after a shower or spill some without knowing you will slip. (I know this sounds stupid but my wife almost fell).
Hampton Beach is dead in the winter, its really depressing, everything is closed and boarded up. But we found a great place for Sunday brunch. Ron's Landing had a unbelievable brunch, if your there in the winter stop by and have a mimosa and something with lobster in it.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the highest floor possible. That way you can see over the Sea Wall and have the best...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kevin G
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This has been our 6th year at the O.C. on Memorial Day weekend. We always feel welcome when we arrive. The suites are immaculate, and the personal service is great! The views from the balconies are spectacular and we plan to return again and again! Great place, great time....with great friends:)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sandle11
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2011

From the friendliness of the staff to the cleanliness of the room. This place really did the trick. We came into town not knowing anything about Hampton Beach. Nice oceanfront view from 4th floor...great beach out front away from the masses of downtown Hampton Beach.

My wife and I really enjoyed staying there...very comfortable...great food as you head Noprth out of town on 1A and great running right out the front door. Will go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family