“Great time at OC”

and 1 more site!
The OC Studio Suites
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for five nights and we had a great time. The building is very clean and all of the appliances and furniture are up-to-date. We took full advantage of the beach right across the street from the hotel. It was as though we had our own private beach which was great. The absolute best part about our stay was the balcony over looking the ocean. We stayed on the 4th floor and the view alone was well worth the price of admission. The only negative thing I could think of is the fact that we had to walk about a 1/2 mile to get to the nearest convenience store. We ate and drank so much, though, that we didn't mind all of the walking! We will return to the OC and I recommend it to anyone looking to go on a quiet, relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars and stay on the 4th or 5th floors. The view is well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank eblanch45
There are newer reviews for The OC Studio Suites

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Spent a great weekend there. Ocean front rooms with views that go on forever. The place was super clean, the staff helpful and friendly. This is the perfect place for a quiet retreat. And watching the sunrise from our balcony was a wonderful start to the day.We [plan to return often.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzyQ511
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We have stayed at the OC many times, both in season and during the off season. The rooms are very clean and the view is incredible. It is great in the summer because it is about a mile north of the strip, so it is quieter and less congested. You can actually sit on the balcony and enjoy the view without the traffic noise & smells. It's right across the street from the beach, so it's easy to go anytime of day. The staff is friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The winter rates are much lower than summer and we try to go as often as we can for a quiet get away.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CathyandKen1996
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I read the other reviews and indeed they have good points. I like the AC to really "Cool" the room. It didnt do that,but I also never mentioned it. It kept it comfortable from the heat. I was missing a lightbulb. Again, I never told anyone... and I have no doubt had I, the staff would have been right there to put one in. Loved the fact it was down the road from the main beach. I even had a teenager with me and frankly... I wouldnt want her on the main beach. The views were breath taking. Clean Clean Clean!!! We drove down just a bit to watch the fireworks. Loved the fact the beach was not crowded was perfect to swim or fish there.

Guest laundry on site, HUGE Plus for me.

I can't say enough about the down to earth, friendly, accomodating and pleasant staff. Made you feel at home and didnt mind when you had company!! Had a Cousin in Maine and parents in Mass vacationing while I was there... I went and visited them a few times and was always happy to come back to my room which was so much cleaner, brighter, comfy and perfectly placed then either of their accomodations.

Can't wait to go back!!!! THANK YOU KELLY AND THE OC STAFF!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Ashira40
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Went to the OC last year and loved it.... The rooms are very very clean the view is amazing you feel the ocean is in your room.... we stayed on the 4th floor so it was an amazing view.... we had 2 children 2-5.. And every night we would walk to the board walk .It would take us 30 min and it was fine as long as you have a stroller for the little one... We also would go downtown which was easy by car 20min .. there is a walmart there and other restaurants.... The beach area is not like thge main beach but it was very nice.... not alot of sand and not crowed which was great especially with kids.... We recommend this place no problem and we should be returning in August again... And for breakfast there is a little restaurant across from the oc very good.....

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank RAMBUCA
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I e-mailed the OC to inquire about their rates - I received an e-mail back saying the price was $200 per night. I found a web-site where a private owner of one of their "condos" was renting out her "5th floor deluxe suite" and was quoted a price of $160 per night. When I questioned the price difference I was told it depended on the "floor where the suite was located" as to the price!? They explained a 2nd floor suite was $160 and the 5th floor suite was $200 and they were "sorry for the confusion". When I then asked what the 3rd or 4th floor suite prices were they quoted me a price of $185? and said they now only had 1 "suite" available for the time I wanted (no pressure)? So... we went from $160 to $185 to $200 -- seems to me like these people make up their own prices as to what they want to charge and the staff isn't very familiar with these practices? This location is very far (about 2 miles) from the Main Hampton Boulevard "strip" - I think I will look elsewhere - for these prices I can stay by the Main Beach!

Stayed: July 2008
4  Thank Gigi045
theoc703, Manager at The OC Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Our room rates increase by floor. Our most inexpensive rates are on the lower floors and higher rates on the upper floors. In season rates start at $150.00 and go up to $245.00.
Our suites are individually owned and a few of the owners rent or sell them privately. We have no control or input regarding these prices.
We are located about 11/2 miles north of the Club Casino. Our guests tell us that they prefer our location because they can sit on their balcony and enjoy the view without the traffic, car fumes and the noise that can occur along "the strip". There is a nice wide sidewalk along the ocean front and many guests enjoy the walk to the shops. There is a sandy beach with access directly across the street from our front door.

Reviewed July 19, 2008

The ocean view is fantastic. I will give it that and only that. I was higher than the second floor so I don't know how it was below that.

The air conditioning was obviously timed and it was barely comfortable when it turned off. I had to keep getting up to fiddle with it and finally ended up leaving it on High Fan. The alarm clock didn't work (set it correctly -- didn't wake me up) and the lamp over the table didn't work. It looked as though it was the main lamp so it was somewhat annoying.

I was also told I could "see the fireworks from here" which was totally bogus. I would have appreciated just being told honestly, "Yeah, you can see them across the street and more to the east." Rather than the implied vagueness that left you thinking you could see them from the balcony.

There were dirty dishes left in the silverware drawer which was also kind of gross. It was clean otherwise. Maybe it was just a slip.

All in all, this hotel, aside from its view, didn't offer much. Too far from the main attractions/beach. Maybe they should offer a timed shuttle service during the day. That would help. Even if you brought your car you wouldn't want to have to go down to the main beach every day and pay for parking on top of everything else.

I realize some of the things I talk about here may sound petty like the lamp and the clock, but when you are paying $150+ a night I don't think it's too much to ask.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank trpmywre
OCstudiosuites, Manager at The OC Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

To conserve wasted energy, the air conditioners are wired so that they do not work when the balcony door is open. They are not timed or otherwise set to shut off other than when the room reached the desired temp.

This review was written in 2008. No one currently on staff was here at that time. We apologize for any confusion regarding location. We are about a mile and a half north of the Club Casino and the "strip" featuring the restaurants, bars, arcades and shops.

Our guests prefer our quiet location and appreciate the slower pace and residential neighborhood here at the northern end of Hampton Beach.