“Biggest piece of crap place I've ever been to. Repulsive. Staff is miserable”
Review of Atlantic Motel

Atlantic Motel
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed July 28, 2013

So disgusted. Staff were rude and lied about everything. Unkept, not clean. Bugs and dirt inside. Pool was small cold and dirty. Overpriced and sickening. Biggest waste of money. I paid Half price and stayed in a nicer old motel in nh. Do not waste your time or money

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ambs523529
atlanticmotel391, Manager at Atlantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Ambs523529,

I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us and I know that you had wished to cancel your reservation at the last minute. However, we adhere to our cancellation policy due to our short summer season and although the weather was bad we cannot process a refund based on that.

I am not sure why you would say we lied to you, all of our policies are explicitly outlined in our confirmation letters and our website, as well as over the phone any time someone makes a reservation that is non-cancellable. You were also advised when you made the reservation that the full amount would be taken then since it was for only one night. When you originally called to cancel your reservation you said you could not make it, but showed up fifteen minutes later when we informed you that the reservation would not be cancelled without losing your deposit.

To note, we do not advertise a heated pool nor do we tell customers that the pool is heated. We also have one of the larger pools at the beach. In regards to the cleanliness, we clean rooms daily while guests are staying with us and once they check out we do a thorough cleaning to prepare for the incoming guests.

Again, I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay with us and you felt as though we lied to you.

Atlantic Motel Management

Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a perfect location, across from the beach and close to the start of the race. That being said, the owner was extremely defensive and annoyed that I would ask for a smoke detector for our room, I also needed one for my parents room. Two out of the three rooms we rented didn't have working smoke alarms, is this not a requirement? Apparently no, I was told the sprinklers would wake me up if there was a fire, I was astonished at her ignorance and blatant disregard to guests safety. After I made a fuss and threatened to call the local fire marshal and verify that new Hampshire allows sprinklers INSTEAD of smoke detectors did they replace them. The room was dirty, old food was in the fridge, hair in the tub, crumbs on the floor, the room was very dated. My sisters room however was really nice but my mom found a rock in her bed, so I guess quality depends on the room. I could deal with the uncleanliness but I can't deal with a defensive, argumentative owner, especially when you are being charged $160 a night for September.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MihevcJ
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I noticed a ton of negative reviews on here so I thought I'd speak up. Having stayed here recently I can honestly say that it was beyond my expectations. We were late in arriving but the girl at the front desk couldn't have been nicer when we got there. The service was excellent, the room was lovely with a beach motif and the location was fantastic. Couldn't ask for anything more, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank azcardsforever
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our first stay at the Atlantic Motel so we were not entirely sure of what we would find. We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, and the ocean front view was breathtaking. We enjoyed sitting out on the deck overlooking the ocean every morning enjoying our coffee. The room hosted two queen sized beds, a full kitchenette and medium sized bathroom. You are a bit of a walk down to the arcades however we didn't come to the ocean for that plus we feel it was not as heavily congested traffic wise or on the sandy beach. The nightly concerts were great fun to walk to. The staff was friendly and attentive; parking was safe and secure; pool was a little on the chilly side; but definately warmer than the ocean. We'll come back again...

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 210; next time I'd like to get Room 208 or 209 or 308, 309 whereas they have p...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kim R
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I had a great time staying at this motel. The rooms are clean, basic, and cozy, which is what you want at the beach.There was a fridge, micor, stove top, sink, and supplied dishware. The view was amazing!!! I loved the deck and it was nice and relaxing to sit out there and watch the ocean and people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was easy and safe, just park and walk to everything. I loved the pool too, sometimes you wanted a break from the beach, but you want a swim so that was great. Thanks again to the staff we will be back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Briana C
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel! The room was clean and nicely decorated with quaint seashore nick nacks. There was a refrig, micro, stove and toaster. Although simple and basic, it was convienent and the parking was on site and safe. The kids could go back to and from the beach for snacks and bathroom breaks which was an extra plus. It was just off the business of the boardwalk but close enough to everything (especially the beach and fishing). The staff were absolutely wonderful and accommodating. The pool was undercover, albeit not heated, but perfect for a water break from the beach. The deck was wonderful, we were able to see the kids flying their kite on the beach while we sat and relaxed overlooking the water. We will definitely stay again. MP

Room Tip: We had room 102, first floor by the pool. 2 double beds. Small bathroom. Worked well for 2 adults an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mpaikrn
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Dont waste your money on this disgusting hotel. Rooms were gross, bathroom sink was in the bedroom, bathroom stunk like mildew (we all wore our flip flops to take showers)..... Deck was very unstable, beds were very uncomfortable and the pool area was dirty and needs a complete overhaul. Stay clear from this hotel. Extremely overpriced! Shame on them for charging what they charge!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family