“This Place Needs Air Conditioning”
Review of Casino Ballroom

Casino Ballroom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We attended the Casino Ballroom in one of the hottest heat spells we have had in a long time, close to 100 degrees. We went to see Jeff Dunham and we love Jeff so even though I had been previously and wasn't really crazy about the setup there, we wanted to see Jeff and it was an 18th birthday gift to my daughter. The doorman brought us to our seats, which were missing. I said he could always move us closer, which he did. He moved us right next to the stage. Very awesome. I am not crazy about the table set up and there are some poles in the room that could get in your way so depending where you are seated you may or may not get a good view. The other issue that is not good at all is there are no air conditioners in that place and when it gets packed, it gets HOT! I got a major headache from the heat and had a hard time enjoying the show as the night went on for that reason. As Walter said, "It's a freakin 180 degrees in here. We came before and it was freezing. Why are you people still here? Even the Mexicans new enough to go north." Anyway, it would be okay in cool weather with some good ventilation, but they really need AC in there. The other issue like I said was the seating being table style and not looking straight ahead. The staff was nice enough and accommodating given the fact that our whole table as missing and they moved us right up by the stage. I can't say it was bad. Just was not for me and honestly I don't think I would go back unless I knew for sure it was going to be a cooler time of year. If they get AC though, that would change and I probably would go back.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

the casino ballroom is a great place to see a show...we went there saturday night to see sevendust and it was awesome.it is really an up close kinda place to see someone play and it was a lot of fun to be there.....if there is a show when your in the area check it out!!!!!

1  Thank mytrips42
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Went to see Ron White and loved his stand up, but seating was rediculous. There were so many people packed in that you could not even turn around in your seat. I know tickets would probably be higher priced if there were fewer seats, but I would also like to be able to move within my seat. I would definitely chose to be away from the stage area in hopes for more room the next time I attend a show.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

First night of their tour! Old Crow Medicine Show is awesome!

Was a nice venue!

Reviewed May 27, 2009

its very hard to see anything unless you are in the first row.

2  Thank hammerspace