Flagship Motor Court
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
$120
$98
Ashworth by the Sea(Hampton)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Atlantic Breeze Suites(Hampton)(Great Value!)
$139
Grand View Motel(Hampton)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
$75
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Bad bad bad!
Run down, noisy, smelly.
It may have been more tolerable if the front desk lady wasn't so rude and put-out when you walk in the door.
If this was a cheaper motel it would be acceptable. But paying high price just isn't worth it.
AND it isn't as close the Ballroom as advertised.
BEWARE!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beantownie
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

While the location is decent, thats the only positive. Our room was dirty, the drain to the tub was clogged and immdiately filled with water within 3 minutes. When we alerted maintenance, they showed up an hour later, fiddled with it for 5 minutes and left. Didn't fix it and still clogged!
The pool was dirty with bugs, etc floating in it. The first morning, we were headed to the beach and noticed the same maintenance guy (I think he's the only employee) was sweeping the parking lot in his underwear!!! How professional!
Bottom line, this place needs to be leveled. You couldnt pay me to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed September 27, 2013

First impression I had of the place was via email, when I requested to change our arrival/departure dates... Not a very warm or nice reply. I asked if our new rate would be lower than advertised on their site, no reply to that. When we checked in, I knew that the owner or clerk didn't care about his customers or his motel. As long as he was grabbing our hard earned money, he was happy!

The check-in lobby... more like an opening in a wall. I asked if this was the check-in, got another short reply. Yep, that must have been the same person who emailed me back about our arrival/departure change! Yippee, that's gonna be a fun stay, I thought to myself.

We got a nice parking spot (while a small parking lot, I feel it is sufficient parking for all) and made our way to the room. Oh boy...

I don't think I've ever seen a place this old. The windows are very hard to open and close. Good thing my boyfriend is as strong as a bull, even he struggled! Anyway. I walked over to check the bathroom. I almost lost a sandal on the sticky floor!!!! I was glad I had brought flip flops for the shower and the beach... Don't want to know what the stickiness was from, but I warned my boyfriend to avoid walking barefoot on this property.

The BBQs are great to use! I loved the indoor courtyard with picnic tables and we had a memorable steak and wine dinner one evening. That is a definite plus if you are on a budget, and so is having a kitchenette in the room. I liked the kitchen we had, it was simple yet functional. Nothing broken, stuff was clean, we brought in groceries and had fun cooking breakfasts and prepping our lunches for the day out.

The shower and toilet were clean, as well as the bed, linens and towels. Plenty of towel supply, was changed everyday. The maid was efficient, smiling and saying hello (the owner should spend time with her), and the young man who came to help for the barbecue/in charge of maintenance was friendly and nice too.

Didn't try the pool, but it looked clean. Walking to the beach is a couple of minutes, the boardwalk is 5-10 minutes away by foot. We walked to/from the beach everyday without using the car. A definite advantage if you want to save on parking costs!

At the end of our stay when I returned the key, the owner/clerk pointed and mumbled something about using the key return box. Wow... that definitely wins you the lack of personality award!! I guess this guy hates people more than I do. It's okay buddy, I don't like your face either and I'm happy to leave. Some people are just not made for working with public.

Bottom line: find somewhere else to stay if you mind old and rundown places with careless and rude owners. Even though the stay was pleasant, nothing bad happened and we slept well during our 4 night stay, I won't be returning there and would not recommend the place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the 13th year that we stay here. Every year there is an upgrade and this year was new vanities in the bathrooms and new counters in the kitchenette. Will be here again next year. Very family oriented with the courtyard having charcoal grill area and gas grills and picnic tables.

Room Tip: Have never stayed in the hotel rooms always rent the kitchenette on first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The room next to us had at least 6 people sitting outside their door. They were very loud and were playing a boom box very loud until way after 2:30 am. I called the office and called their cell phone number provided on their voice mail. No one responded. I opened my door and I could touch these people they were so close to our door. When I asked them to be quiet so we could sleep, they invited me out to drink with them. Very Scary!! They continued another hour or so with the loud noise. We did not get any rest! The management is very difficult to reach. They will not answer their phones or return calls. Their office was not manned until late morning. I called again in the morning to complain - still no one answered the phone and I expressed I wanted to talk to someone before we left. We had paid $247 for the room and we were very unhappy. I went o the office and it was all locked up at 8:30 in the morning. l noticed an intercom and pushed the button 2 times. No response. I talked into the intercom explaining this problem and that we paid too much to not even be able to sleep most of the night. The room was dirty, I found candy wrappers and dirt under the bed. It was pretty disgusting. Finally someone called me back at the same time I was in the parking lot so I walked toward the office and found the women who was talking to me on the phone was standing at the entrance to the office. She complained that she needed to sleep too. She needed her rest, they had been very busy. She said she would not do anything for me. They could not refund our money or reduce the price for our inconvenience. She said they only make money for a short period during the year and they need all the money they charge. She told me I should have called the Police. She also said most of the hotels would not even rent a room for only Saturday night because then they would loose out on renting the room for 2 or 3 nights. She said I was lucky to get the room. This was during the Hampton Lobster Fest and we arranged to rent the room earlier in the day, so it was likely not to get renters for more than that Saturday night. Other people staying there looked like low rent people who live there and were not weekend guests. It was a little creepy. I told her if she was not going to make a financial adjustment then my only alternative would be to report the hotel to the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce and post my experience online. This did not phase her. Later I saw her helping the maid clean rooms and laying sheets over the outside railing, I think to air out and possible put back on the beds without washing. This was not a very nice place, but we knew we would have to possibly take a hotel that was not as nice as the Hilton because of the weekend events and our not being able to make reservations earlier. But this hotel was truely unexceptable. I see someone else spoke about the pillows. They were strange. It felt like a folded blanket was in the pillow case instead of a pillow.
We will never go back to the Flagship Hotel again. It was a miserable experience and the highest price hotel we ever stayed in. We've paid much less for hotels in Hawaii and Europe. Icky place with extremely poor service and extremely high rates!! I am happy those loud people didn't harm us.

Room Tip: I suggest using Trip Advisor to help select a hotel before searching on your own. The Hampton Chamber of Commerce gave me 4 hotels to choose from and this was one of them.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family