“Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is NOT a great idea!”
Review of Stone Gable Inn

Stone Gable Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is NOT a great idea!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

There isn't a lower rating then terrible unfort, We tried to give the motel the benefit of the doubt and give them a try. BIG mistake! we and 3 other couples gong up for our wedding not only had our rooms booked wrong, and we were confirmed on phone by the owners mother the manager,and the night manager, two double beds in each room, but when we arrived, we ALL received ONE bed in each room. For an hour tried talking friendly with his mother, whom had English speaking issues, but then put her son on the phone who was running the pine motel 3miles away. He apologized for his mothers mistake, but couldn't fix it due to NO available rooms. As we were trying to have their mistake fixed, his mother went from being the manager to "I'm not the manager I'm the housekeeper", and told me to PROVE we spoke to her, He arrived in a truck and sent her to the other room after those lies, and then proceeded to tell me i cant prove i spoke and others spoke to her and the other manager. After an hour in the heat and rude comments from his mother, he tried to have us pay 80$ for another room when we were told there wasn't any available AND pay for a cot to "make everyone happy". In the end we received the ONE bed in the room, making some sleep on the floor and a room at his pine motel with two beds for the other 6 people. Sunken tub, one towel, one roll of toilet paper, and a 10hour box of dunkin donut stale donuts later, we were excited to leave the smoke filled (NON smoking room) and run to our parents motel. Booking.com WILL hear about this, i even the dirty floor in bathroom i tried to over look, but we WILL never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JohnandShannon D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Litchfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I read all reviews but don't always believe until I experience it myself. I'm not too fussy and just needed a place to sleep during the 4th for 1 night. Arrived at 5pm to check in and waited 30 minutes at desk for someone to arrive after pressing buzzer and calling. Manuel pulled up with p/u truck- arrived and was so rude, arrogant, and obnoxious I cancelled my reservation. When I said if he tried to bill me for the night,I would sue him- he laughed and said-"do you know how many times I've heard that?" Listen to the other reviews-DON'T GO!! P.S.-booking.com did a great job helping me and made sure I didn't get billed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Richard R

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed only one night, room was small but clean. Location was great, not far from the beach, very quiet at night, owner was nice, price was good and no bugs. Owner re did the rooms and it shows. Good job Mo! You finally did away with the old rooms and made this place nice again. As always see you in July.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This place has bedbugs! And in need of an upgrade. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Missjack16
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room was dirty. Fixtures/furnishings so old I wouldn't bother putting them in a yard sale. No toilet paper holder. TV did not work on any channel. Dust/cobwebs on air conditioner were at eye level...no excuse not to be clean! Envelope left for "tips" for housekeeping...my "tip" would have been "CLEAN THE ROOM!" Slept with our clothes on, did not walk barefoot at any time...ugh! Mattresses flipped up when you sat on the edge on any side. "Receptionist" appeared to be the maintenance man (but he was polite). Only positive thing was that the advertised WI-FI worked. I wish I had read the reviews and heeded the warnings but we were tired...lesson learned!!! I wish I had taken pictures to post...sorry...

Room Tip: Sleep in your car...save your money...wasn't worth the $97 we paid!!! :(
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank PavKat
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My friend and I showed up to this hotel for a girls weekend. We asked to see the room before we actually checked in. The room had a smell to it, the mini fridge was nasty and the bathroom was not even clean!! After telling the man at the desk that we would not be taking the room, I was told that my credit card would not be charged. When looking at my bank account online, the hotel charged me for the room. So I called the hotel and the "manager" started yelling at me and hung up. When I called back she told me that she could not talk to me because she was busy and needed to talk to "upper management" about this and once again hung up on me. These people are dishonest and nasty people. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Melissa N
Indianapolis
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed first night, and got bit up with bugs. Move to another room next day, and got more bits. This place very dirty with blood stained sheets, Checked out the next day and wouldn't refund my weekly payment. Very Dishonest

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Mikemaup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hampton Village Resort
Sun & Surf Motel
Sun & Surf Motel
#25 of 41 in Hampton
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to Stone Gable Inn? Share your experiences!