“Absolutely disgusting and rude!”
Review of Stone Gable Inn

Stone Gable Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My friend and I showed up to this hotel for a girls weekend. We asked to see the room before we actually checked in. The room had a smell to it, the mini fridge was nasty and the bathroom was not even clean!! After telling the man at the desk that we would not be taking the room, I was told that my credit card would not be charged. When looking at my bank account online, the hotel charged me for the room. So I called the hotel and the "manager" started yelling at me and hung up. When I called back she told me that she could not talk to me because she was busy and needed to talk to "upper management" about this and once again hung up on me. These people are dishonest and nasty people. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Melissa N

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed first night, and got bit up with bugs. Move to another room next day, and got more bits. This place very dirty with blood stained sheets, Checked out the next day and wouldn't refund my weekly payment. Very Dishonest

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Mikemaup
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was a terrible place to stay. I booked it for 2 weeks but did not even stay 1 night. BED BUGS!!!! The place was not clean what so ever. Bathroom filthy, moldy and the floor was falling apart. I found FOOD in the draws, dirt, ashes, BUGS in the draws too. The fridge was filthy and so was the microwave. Sheets were burnt and had BLOOD stains on them, likely from people being bit by bed bugs!! The first thing I did when I got there was clean up. When I started noticing the bed bugs I put all my stuff including myself in the car and went elsewhere. The guy won'€t refund me for the 13 days I was not there. I called my credit card company for a charge back, and I'€™m calling the board of health. AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
16  Thank l21matt
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for the night on Oct. 10th. 2010. We were not at all pleased with the way the room looked for starters, the carpets were filthy, the bathroom was disgusting, the tub , toilet and sink looked as if it was never cleaned. We had no place to stay as all other motel/hotels were filled for that weekend. when we awoke the next morning my husband started itching, by the end of the day he was completely covered from the top of his head to his feet with bed bug bites. Had to make not one but two trips to the DR.s for this.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
12  Thank natina_10
fordguy03899, Manager at Stone Gable Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

under new managment place has changed but same name and number

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This place was the worst ever, we were stuck as it was the last place we could find. We got into our room late, found the bathroom window broken, someone else's shampoo in the tub, and pillowcases dirty. I was woken up by an itch, put the light on, and the bed was full of bugs. We went to the front desk, wanted our money back, they wouldn't except give us another room. We looked at the other room and the lock was broken. I demaded it was unsafe. They sent us to another hotel down the street about 3 miles which was part of the same management. Now its 2:30 am, the low battery fire alarm is beeping every 5 min., there were all kinds of electrical cords hanging from the walls and ceilings, very unsafe. We demanded our money back and the clerk said she had no power. I called the Hampton public health safety officer Monday morning, I called back management and said I wasnt' going to pay for the room $97.00, called the credit card company, and I still was charged on my next monthly statement. BOTH HOTELS NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN, IT WAS THAT BAD.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank mapleleaf59
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I booked this hotel for two nights hoping for a deal. Thats the last time I will ever look for a deal. I woke up in the morning because my body was all itchy. I immediately jumped out of bed and started a complete inspection of it. What did I find TONS of bed bugs. I didn't even shower as when I looked at the bathtub it was absolutely filthy. Managment was very rude when we told them and gave us a hard time about a full refund. I booked a new hotel and managment did end up giving us the full refund. There is also supposed t be a breakfast so I figured that the office would be open at 7 am so that I could tell managment but the office never opened until 8:30 am. Do not stay in this hotel unless you don't mind bed bugs and a dirty bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Becky8829
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was a little hesitant about staying here after reading some of the reviews but overall the motel was more than fine. Not the flashiest place and your looking at a 10 min drive to Ocean BLVD but thats why its a lot cheaper than staying right on the beach. Place was clean enough for me. We had no problems whatsoever. Front desk folks were pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends