“not like it used to be”

Little Jacks's Seafood Restaurant and Lobster Pool
Ranked #21 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2009

The food was good, but not spectacular considering its reputation and price. The tables were dirty. The service was horrible, disgruntled teenagers working in every area of the restaraunt. The girl running the pick up counter essentially tossed our food to us.(and God forbid that we asked for a take home container, you would have thought we asked her to donate her left kidney.) The owner needs to reconsider the type of people he/she hires. It can make or break the experience, in this business you can't rest on the 'laurels' of an old reputation .

1  Thank wrongfootjones

Reviewed June 30, 2009

Little Jacks Seafood is a place I stop at everytime I go to Hampton Beach. This is the best seafood you can possibly eat! I am a huge fan of their steamers (clams) and fish'n'chips. They take you to heaven everytime! I have been eating the seafood there for the past ten years and the quality has not dropped at all. Though down the line remodeling may be needed to the building, this is a MUST STOP if you are visiting Hampton Beach! It's just unfortunate that it is not closer to the beach. Anyhow, this is the best resturant in Hampton Beach and the best seafood I have ever tasted!

1  Thank NHfan94
Reviewed June 6, 2009

got the catch 22 platter. more than enough to feed two people. fried perfectly. new deck overlooking the marsh & ocean. great time

1  Thank sebagome
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My family and I love Little Jack's. It's got great food and a great New England atmosphere.

1  Thank remcbay
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Hubby and I went there just yesterday 26-Apr-09.
He had the Fried Clams (whole bellied) with fries and slaw
I got the Fried Scallops with fries and slaw

I can only speak for my scallops, although he loved his,
mine were EXCELLENT !!
Very large pieces, cooked PERFECTLY, and the fries were also excellent. So was the slaw. :) Yum!

It is VERY casual, picnic tables .... but the location is fabulous and the amount of food, the quality of the food, and amount of food for your money, honestly can't really be beat.

I've grown up in New England and have had my share of great seafood over the years, this by far, was the best fried seafood I have EVER had.

Nuff Said.