“disgusting place left day early”

Regal Inn of Hampton Beach
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Woburn, Massachusetts
“disgusting place left day early”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My boyfriend and I tried to plan a nice weekend away, boy were we in for a big surpirse. We were suppose to stay for 2 nights but left early with no refund because it was so bad! When we first got to the regal inn to check inn the office was closed and we had to check in at the flagship motel down the street. We finally got to the room and we had no hot water. We called and they said they were having maitnence issues and it will be on soon. More like two hours later! so finally I got to take a shower and the tub leaked and there was about 2 inches of water on the floor! we were going to a concert that night and was running late so we had to leave. When I called in the morning about the leaking the lady wa very rude and said they just opened and problems were expected. shorlty after the conversation the toliet chain broke off and it would not flush. Also the tv was just static none of the stations came in. There were peanuts around the edge of the bed and we didn't eat any peanuts. that was the last straw I called the lady and demanded a refund, she said no refund but offered another room. When I asked for the owners number or address she said he lives and florida and doesn't talk to people! Well we were so aggravated and didn't feel like dealing with any more problems and rude uncaring people we decided to leave. This hotel should be condemmed I plan to write to the BBB.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was horrible
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sarahsmw

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hanson, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2006

These people are horrible, had a death in the family and they said I could come another day because there are no refunds, when I tried to contact them about getting the day booked I got blown off over and over, and was finally told I needed something in writing after calling back many times and many unanswered emails, which was never said, all they said is they don't know what to tell me, there is nothing they can do for me, i wish there was someone i could report them to. Don't go here, from the sounds of their other reviews, i wouldn't even feel comfortable bringing my family there anyway

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Tips/Secrets — Do NOT go here!
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank jenibby

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2006

We are just comming back from a three days trip to Hampton beach n.h. we were very upset to see the state the Regal inn was. First of all one of the bed was broken and the wood board was leaning on the wall, the phone was out of order, a tap in the bathroom was leeking all day long, the water in the jaccuzy smell bad and you can see a ring around the jaccuzy. We request to get a refund and want to go somewhere else but the owner refused categorically to refund us, he advised us that he will charge us for the full three days.
The owner have also another motel three blocks away the Flagship motel, and the place is worse, that were we had the reservation, but due to the state of the place he transfer us to the Regal inn. Both motel should be closed by the state or Hampton beach public departement.

• Stayed June 2006
13 Thank jackmar65
Newington, Ct
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

We recently stayed here, it was very dirty, smelled and food, dust everywhere, telling me the place is not cleaned properly. The jacuzzi was all slimy, when we got out there was a film on our bodies. The management isn't at the hotel so you have to waqlk 3 blocks to contact them, than the women just sticks her head around the corner trying to avoid you when you go there. The lights were burnt out, the TV didn't come in and the phones were unuseable. The bedding was stained like it had just been made after the last person stayed in the room. I have been goiung to this area for about 15 years and this was the absolute worse hotel I've ever stayed in.

11 Thank Briann
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2006

By looking at The Regal Inn website you would think you were getting a neat and nice room with a jacuzzi in it. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! The picture of the jacuzzi wasn't the same as in the picture. The rates online were $119 a night and when we called it was $135. When they put it through to my credit card it was posted as the other hotel they own. It wasn't even the hotel I stayed at. We had to clean the jacuzzi before we got to use it due to clumps of hair in the water and the room had a very odd smell to it.
I didn't feel comfortable sleeping on the sheets so I used a blanket I had in my car and I brought my own pillow so I didn't have to worry about that.
The towels were stained and thin and they didn't even give you a little bottle of shampoo.
There was no room service and there wasn't anyone at the office in our hotel because they were at the other one.
I was very disappointed and will never stay there again.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member