“Bed bugs and ticks”

Regal Inn of Hampton Beach
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I will NEVER go there again! There are bed bugs, it's old and dirty and the service is terrible. When you call a business the way they answer the phone should be identifying themselves as the business not hello as if they were answering their personal telephone. The hot tub water was dirty to the point where it smelled bad. There were spider webs on the corners of the walls you can also see the metal rusting from all the pipes and so on. The bedroom ceiling had cracks in it, the bath towels are made for children only no normal size adult can fit in one of those and I am petite. Finally before I stayed there I read these same reviews and was concerned about how many bad reviews there were here so I contacted the hotel and was told that people can write as they wish and that I was still in time to cancel. Shame on me for not having canceled and experienced over 20 bites all over my body from bed bugs. If you do not believe me try calling yourself and voicing your concerns and see how they respond.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank XandaBella

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Booked a room online through their website May 3 for Aug 18. On Aug 17 I get a call confirming my cancelation of this reservation which I never did. I call to find out what is going on and they claim they called me canceling the reservation soon after I made it. This is not true!!!!!!!! They claim they had no rooms for the night in question. What gives with this if they have the ability to let people book rooms online they should at least honor it and not call the night before arrival date and say there is no room. Ever try to book a room at the beach the night before your going to arrive in August and not pay through the nose if you can even find one. I will never do business with these people again and I suggest that people beware before booking a room with them you might find yourself sleeping in the streets.
I can't even find it in my heart to give them 1 star in rating should be able to go negative. I can't believe I have to five them 1!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank darlene852
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I came up here with a few friends and their young children. First of all; there were unemptied ashtrays on the outside porch. Another issue were the beds; we woke up with little bits on our feet. It was unsanitary experience. The room looked like it had not been cleaned well. You had better inspect the beds carefully before you sleep in them. WE ARE NOT GOING BACK!!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank angrycustomer20
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I wanted a weekend away with my husband so Icalled two weeks ago to reserve a jacuzzi room. The lady asked for my credit card number and charged the card 80 dollars for a deposit. She then explained to me that I had to cancel 48 hours in advance to receive the deposit back. Well, yesterday my father died. I called the regal inn today, which is 48 hours in advance. I explained to the very rude Indian sounding lady that my father has died and that I apologize, but I have to cancel. She said it was all set, that the reservation has been cancelled. When I asked for my deposit back, she then got even ruder and told me that in order to get my money back I would have ha to cancel TWO WEEKS in advance! That is NOT what she said when I reserved the room! I told her that I am canceling over 48 hours in advance and how can they lie and change the rules?? My father has died and I am too distraught that I did not have the energy to argue with her so I just hung up. And after reading the other reviews on this site, I will NEVER stay at this hotel. Stay away from these money hungry people.

Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Sce2001
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Family members were planning on staying here, so we decided to go along with them without reading the reviews. a week before hand, I made the mistake of reading the most updated reviews with talks of bed bugs and fleas. Panic set in, but I was locked in so we decided to brave the storm.

It wasn't horrible... but I wouldn't stay there again. We rented a king size w/ trundle for the kiddo. Her bed squeaked every time she moved on it. Ours was so low to the ground, I swear you could've just put the mattress on the floor. There was no box spring and I woke up every morning with a sore back. Only one outlet near the beds, so we had to keep unplugging and sharing. The fridge was new, but the AC was old. The bathrooms really were horrible though. Broken tiles and it just looked filthy. Thankfully I brought cleaning stuff just in case! The bedding was horrendous as well. We pulled everything off the bed and used our own.
For everything that we brought with us, we could've rented a house for the entire week!

We were on the 2nd floor, and the first night we heard people partying at the pool until 2:30am and the people upstairs from us were stomping around until midnight. You can hear EVERYTHING.

Way overpriced for what they provide.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JessMinz95
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I called for rental. The oriental woman said she was outside and would call me right back. Never did. I called back 3 days later and she appologized. Was going to rent two rooms and due to her not calling me back she stated she would give me a really good deal. She quoted me $79 for each room. I told her I would call back the next day. I called back and an oriental man answered. She was in the background and he was talking with her and then told me that was not the rate and if I didn't like it to go somewhere else. At that point I said I would, and hung up. During my coonversation with the woman I mentioned some of the reviews I had read ans she blamed it on a neighboring hotel that was giving them a bad name. Obviously, they are giving themselves aa bad name. They also own the Flagship - Stay Away. I work in Customer Service and the way we were treated was horrible.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kimmie1966
Reviewed July 25, 2012

dirty filthy rooms they dont wash your bedding
or bathrooms they charged our credit card one price then when we got there said we had a smaller room and of coarse we were from out of state so we had to take it everything is booked solid in the summer months they have buckets under the sinks the bathroom door on the inside had holes thick dirt caked in the corners near the tub not to mention mold an fleas as well as when i turned the shower off the handle fell of

Room Tip: if you can go there ahead of time maybe a month or to to see it if you can or check for reviews
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family