“Dont Even Try”

Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Revere, Massachusetts
“Dont Even Try”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Made my reservation for one night stay online for a king bed. Things seems fine but 20 mins later got a phone call stating that the room type I've reserve ( even though clearly online its available) that its not available but for extra $20 I will get three beds. Why would i pay for 2 additional beds when i only need one. They did nothing to help the situation. I havent even stayed there yet and already im having problems.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nicoletta112

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cavendish, Vermont
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Where to begin? The nasty beds? The nastier bathroom? The broken cups? The owners locking up and leaving at 10pm and not getting back till 8:30am? Maybe thats why a group of drunks that climbed the pool fence at midnight and raised unholy hell until 3am could get away with it? Worst place I have ever stayed at Hampton Beach hands down. The ONLY good thing here is the beach one block away. It was actually unbelievable. Words cannot describe. Never again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank John S

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just recently stayed here for a couple days with family. Rooms are old and outdated, not all that clean. The TV remote did not work and we had to have them replace it. There were no drapes on the doors and you could see in on the sides even though there were blinds. Nice balcony though to sit out on. The AC worked fine, but overall the room was not excessively clean and one of the beds was really uncomfortable. There are only refrigerators in the room and some of the furniture was falling apart. The pool was supposed to be heated,but not really that warm. It was kind of dirty also. They had a jacuzzi that allowed 4 people at a time that was okay. Only parking for one vehicle, which was a pain as my husband came to meet us the next night and had to pay $10 more to park after paying quite a bit for a plain room, but it was at the beach. Would probably chose to stay elsewhere if I have a choice again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MominNH45
Wilmington
Reviewed June 27, 2012

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! I booked a room at this hotel for 6/23/12. I booked it because I received a good rate on the hotel and it seemed fairly decent. 6/23/12 turned out to be an excellent beach day at Hampton. When I arrived to check into the hotel at 4:30 pm I was told they no longer had any rooms and they didn't have my reservation. When I told them when I booked, how I booked, they told me they cancelled the reservation due to not having all my credit card info. This surprised me because four days before my trip the Regal Inn charged me a deposit fee for my room. How could they do this without having my credit card info? I have since spoken with Expedia customer service who has confirmed the Regal Inn charged my credit card.

When I was turned away with no offer of help or a room I spoke to another guest who was staying at the Regal Inn. They had gotten a room as a walk up that day and they paid a much higher rate than what I had booked my room at. The Regal Inn gave away my room because it was nice outside and they could charge other people higher rates.

I am still trying to get my deposit back from the Regal Inn as well as filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire. Don't make the mistake I made. Don't book at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Scott N
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed there in June one night found bed bugs an air conditioner won't work told office said birds living in air conditioner has not have time to remove frig not working bird crap along the whole porch there gave me back my money an said sorry

• Stayed June 2012
8 Thank herve11262
shepherdstown wv
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A planned stopover on the way to Maine, so I booked in advance using the Hampton Beach reservation website (there are better, I later learned). Had hesitation from the start, and should have listened to my instincts. There are far better and cheaper lodging in Hampton Beach area. This was a huge dissappointment - shabby at best, tacky at its worst. Not inviting at all, and borderline dirty. Internet did not work (after complaining I noticed a sign went up with a $2 per day charge for internet - REALLY?), room key did not work at first, parking is difficult if available. Was afraid to try the pool - had a milky color to it. The rates were not posted, and when we arrived in Hampton Beach there were numerous properties advertising much better rates, at much nicer looking locations. I mentioned this to the non-English speaking desk clerk, but she just shrugged. I felt I was just randomly overcharged, and never could find out what the published rate was. I am not a picky traveller, and have stayed at some pretty bad lodging that had at least one redeeming quality. Unfortunately I can't think of one for this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank shetown12
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My fiancee took me to Hampton Beach for my birthday weekend. (2011) The price was a little much for the weekend. Nice and close to the beach and boardwalk. Our room was out dated but, it was clean. The couple next to us, their jacuzzi didn't work. The woman at the desk said she would have the manager come and look at it. He came up with a wrench for them to turn the jacuzzi on. We bought bleach to clean ours out but we never did use it. We had no problem finding a place to park or using the outside pool. We always had clean towels. The ac worked fine. Tv only had local channels. Frig was not pluggged in, had to do that when we got there. You get what you pay for and we spent most of our time out of the room anyways. Highly reccomend bringing your own blankets and sheets. The couple next to us were very friendly though. At least we all had a good laugh at the wrench knob. lol....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple