“We are thrilled to call this our little Getaway!!!”
Review of Ship's Inn Resort

Ship's Inn Resort
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The room with jacuzzi tub was beautiful!! The bathroom was a dream and the kitchenette was wonderful.We literally had every possible dish and cooking tool we needed to prepare a 3 course meal,(which we did since we had no children with us!). The view of the ocean was awesome!! We are so excited to go again!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pjsgirl78

Reviewed August 29, 2009

this is the worst hotel i've ever stayed at which has been many. appliances from the 70's extremely dated furniture, dirty, staff not helpful, over charged for room in comparison to the family we travelled with. expect to go home with fleas....if your going to hampton beach book your stay anywhere but this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank forlini
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We were up in Hampton to see a show at the Casino Ballroom and wanted to stay the night so we wouldn't have to rush home. Luckily the Ship's Inn had one room left. At first I was hesitant as it was on A St. I thought it would be too noisy at night but we saw the room which was really nice. Updated and tastefully decorated. Nice deck outside the room too. I don't have a bad thing to say about the place. I did not get to use the pool, I went to the beach instead so I can't comment on that! I will definitely stay here next summer. FYI the only bad thing is that you can only park one car there, we had two so that was a challenge but we can plan for that next time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sallypea
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My sisters invited us to join thier families in Hampton Beach and as I had not been there in many years I quickly agreed. They had already booked the Ships Inn and I called and was able to secure the last room. Hampton Beach is a great place for familiy get togethers and the Ships Inn is in a perfect location 1 block from the beach. They provide many plus features to enhance a family vacation including a picnic area complete with tables and bar-b-que grills. All rooms have balconys and the larger ones come with large tables and many chairs for the family to get together. Some rooms overlook the pool and allow the parents to watch the children below. In addition Hampton Beach is a great family spot with a huge sandy beach area, a boardwalk with shops and arcades and a huge pavilion that houses nightly live music. We all had a great time.

Our room #58 was terrible. When we arrived we smelled a heavy smoke odor and knowing no other room was available we purchase a large bottle of fabreeze which helped for a while but the odor continued. The rooms have no windows and the balcony door has no screen and there is no ventilation other than the AC. During the winter the owners admitted the people who stay are heavy smokers plus even in the summer smoking is allowed in all rooms. The carpet and padding are so odiferous that the only solution would be to rip them up. Which would not be a bad idea as they are full of cigarette burns anyway. Even the bathtub has burn marks. The room is cleaned and the bedding and towels were fresh and clean. In fact the bed was very comfortable, but the smoke would kill you--literally. Our family had rented 4 rooms and two had no ,usmell at all, but the other two did and ours was the worst.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have stayed at numerous hotels and I am not a person to complain, but I have never stayed at such a terrible hotel. First of all, when my friends and I called, we booked a room at the Sea Spiral Suites which is the same owner. Come to find out, they booked us at the wrong hotel and we ended up at the Ships Inn. We figured it was only a mistake and we would let it go as long as it was still nice.
We checked out the website, which was very misleading because it looked like a very nice hotel. When we got to the hotel, we found that it was nothing like the website portrayed. The pool was very small and crowded. Our room smelled terrible!! It was a mixture of smoke and mildew. We sprayed a bunch of air freshener and had the balcony door open, and that hardly helped the strong odor. Our balcony was overlooking a rusted alleyway. Within the first few minutes of being in the room, we saw earwigs in the bed and spiders on the bathroom wall. On top of everything, our chair had an iron burn mark on it and the walls had holes all over. The radiator was so rusted and the entire room was very rundown. After finding mouse droppings in our bed, we went down to the front desk and asked if there was any way we could switch rooms and they said there was no vacancy. It was real funny that right after they said there was no vacancy, we walked outside heading to the beach and saw that there was vacancy. Having no elevator was also annoying when we had so much baggage and beach stuff to lug up and down the stairs. Any time we needed ice, we had to ask someone from the laundry room to get it for us and they were incredibly rude people. If you are considering staying at this hotel, I would not recomend it. There might have been better rooms in the hotel, but we definatlely did not have one.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunshine87us
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Five of us stayed in the steamboat room at the Ships Inn. I was concerned before our trip after reading some of the negative reviews about the hotel, but when we arrived I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was really cute and spacious. Everything we needed was supplied for us in the kitchen and bathroom. The room was spotless. We had a great deck to sit out on and the pool was very warm. The store was great for any extra supplies we needed. It was only a short walk to beach and all the arcades, restaurants and casino. I would stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ashleysarah
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have stayed at the Ships Inn Sevral times. We stayed here in the winter and on July 4th. We found the rooms very clean and a good size room. We stayed in a king room. I had the best nights sleep while I was there. The pool was really nice. I liked it so much that we will be staying there again in September for the Seafood fest. I found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The first time we stayed we had a problem with the hot tub. We called down to the front desk and reported it. They had someone there with in 15 Minutes to take care of the problem. The problem ended up being my own problem I did not know how to run it. The person who came up was very good about it. I would stay here again and i would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I have stay at other motels on the beach and this is one of the nicest and cleanest rooms I have had

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple