“Dump - avoid!!!”
Review of Ship's Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Ship's Inn Resort
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Newburgh, New York
“Dump - avoid!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I arrived and couldn't even stay the night. The only positive thing I can say is that they did refund my money after I left.

Had to enter the room through a sliding class door that was coming off the track. Fly's flying around the room. Stained carpet and furniture. Gashes in the walls and paint peeling. Bathtub had a gross yellow ring around it. I wouldn't have stayed for 5 minutes. They have some nerve charging what they do for a night.

The advertising which makes it look like a nice place is totally false. Do yourself a favor and don't even consider this place.

8 Thank Delia U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
East Hampstead NH
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Normally we don't mind the older hotels that look like they haven't been updated since 1990 but we were quite disappointed here. I tried for two days to call and get a reservation; I finally had to call the Kentville and get the actual phone number for this place since I couldn't get anybody to answer my calls to the "reservation line." The nicest room at this place was the office where you check in. The setup of the hotel is confusing and there isn't any indication (nor were we told) that there is a parking lot ACROSS the street. (We discovered it by accident the day we left after spending the weekend parking in the extremely tight spaces in the hotel's parking "garage.") The carpet in our room was stained and the "view" from our porch was the backside of the three buildings that surrounded that side of the hotel. There were two very thin pillows on the bed that made us feel like we had nothing more than a piece of paper under our heads. (We wound up going out and buying our own pillows.) There were only two towels in the room, one of which had holes in it. We discovered the bath tub leaked horribly when I tried to take a bubble bath. (It was a good thing my boyfriend decided to come and check on me after a little while because the room would have been flooded if he hadn't.) There was no cleaning/maid service AT ALL. We took anything of value with us when we went on our day trip on Saturday because we didn't dare leave it behind. I've never writen a negative review of a hotel but this place certainly didn't live up to our basic standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank purplbttrfli

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Ship's Inn has extremely inadequate safety & security besides being disgustingly dirty(gross rugs, comforter and bathroom) and old! My daughter, sister-in-law, niece, & I went to Ship's Inn on Aug 4, 2013. We checked in at 3pm and went out for dinner about 8pm. We had 4 pieces of luggage in the room. My suitcase was the only locked one. We returned to the room about 10:40pm to find my suitcase gone! The police were notified. The officer determined that someone must have climbed over the balcony and gone through the window, which he said was very easy to push in and pry open!! There were no safes in the room to lock your valuables! There were no signs about protecting your valuables because the hotel lacked security! I had to be forceful to get a refund since we did not want to stay there now! We returned home as I had nothing but the clothes on my back. All my clothing, as well as personal items and valuables were in my suitcase! It is a month later and nothing has been retrieved and the hotel's insurance company just informed me that their insurance policy DOES NOT COVER THEFT!! Therefore I will not receive any compensation for my loss due to this HOTEL'S NEGLIGENCE AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the property is maintained properly for the guests' security and safety! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! DISGUSTING, DIRTY, POORLY MAINTAINED HOTEL! DO NOT IGNORE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS! THEY'RE ALL TRUE!

4 Thank eslteacher87
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This motel has a great location, which was about the only positive about it. Don't be fooled by the brochure, which was either photographed years ago, or by a master motel "stager". From the more positive reviews, I can only surmise that perhaps there are some sections of the motel that are newer and in better repair than the section we stayed in. Parking for the room was under the first floor - I believe one reviewer said a 20 point turn was required and that's pretty close. Really should be reserved for compact cars only, if you have a van (even a small one), suv, or anything else you'll need to try and park across from a smaller vehicle if you hope to get out.

Door knob to room was very loose, not a very secure feeling and a good indication of the overall care taken to maintain the property (little or none!) as this is an obvious issue and a simple repair.

Bathroom floor has old, scratched, and mildewed linoleum. It's actually difficult to judge the state of cleanliness when everything is so poorly maintained and old - let's just say that mold is a known health issue, I am not being fussy about the decor here. The flooring needs replacing. So does the sink.

Looking for a view ? I have attached photo of the view from the room.

The drug use by staff not being addressed by owners ? Completely inappropriate. A previous reviewer mentioned the smell of marijuana. We were overwhelmed by the smell at 10 in the morning from the staff parking area under the room, and watched a staff member walk away after. Family friendly ? I don't think so.

One night was enough for us, and we moved on to Oguinquit, Maine the following day to stay in a very nice motel at comparable cost.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dayle21j
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2013

August 16-18 2013...I just came home from the Ships inn up at hampton beach. I don't understand all the negative reviews. We had a jacuzzi suite, king bed, pull out couch, deluxe kitchen and jacuzzi tub in bathroom We stayed in the Sloop building room #43. It was me, my husband, 13 daughter and her friend. There was plenty room for us all. It was clean, everything worked. It was quite at night. The pools were clean although only one was heated but we didn't mind. The staff I interacted with were nice, friendly and helpful. It was a short walk to the beach. We had a great time and would def stay again!! IGNORE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!!

Simpsons
Massachusettes

1 Thank Rachel S
Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I know check in is not until 3 but I went in to get a parking pass was told they were in the room cleaning and would only be an hour so I went to beach and came back in an hour like I was told then again told almost finished they took my number and said they would call me so I didn't have to keep breaking up my day. At 2:30 still no call so I called them they were very rude and said they only guarantee check in for 3 however room was not ready until 4:30 and when I inquired about it the worker told me he has no control over the cleaners and I could find another place to stay if I wanted he would give me my money back. The room on top of that was not very clean and the entire place looks like it could use to be upgraded. There are so many other nicer places to stay for the same price I would not advise this place to anyone. Boardwalk Inn right down the street is very nice. The place is clean, staff is friendly and you get 15% off food in their restaurant which is awesome by the way

4 Thank Mary Rose C
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let's just start by saying I used to stay in a much more expensive property on Hampton Beach and got to a point where I just couldn't afford over $300 a night for a room the size of a closet. I decided to check out Ship's Inn because of its proximity to the beach. I found a very affordable place to stay where it's comfortable, quiet and very customer friendly.
The room I stayed in was huge, with a private balcony. My favorite part of the resort however is the roof top deck! This is a sunny, shared area with tables overlooking the beach, where you can bring your food and drinks, kick back and enjoy good times. I'm already booked for 2 nights during next month's Hampton Beach Seafood Festival and am really excited that my room has a Jacuzzi tub and a kitchen and a private deck, all for less than $200 a night! Best of all, it's only a 30-second walk to the festival!! Looking forward to staying at Ship's Inn many times to come!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends