“Why all the negative reviews?!”
Review of Ship's Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Ship's Inn Resort
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Why all the negative reviews?!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

August 16-18 2013...I just came home from the Ships inn up at hampton beach. I don't understand all the negative reviews. We had a jacuzzi suite, king bed, pull out couch, deluxe kitchen and jacuzzi tub in bathroom We stayed in the Sloop building room #43. It was me, my husband, 13 daughter and her friend. There was plenty room for us all. It was clean, everything worked. It was quite at night. The pools were clean although only one was heated but we didn't mind. The staff I interacted with were nice, friendly and helpful. It was a short walk to the beach. We had a great time and would def stay again!! IGNORE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!!

Simpsons
Massachusettes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I know check in is not until 3 but I went in to get a parking pass was told they were in the room cleaning and would only be an hour so I went to beach and came back in an hour like I was told then again told almost finished they took my number and said they would call me so I didn't have to keep breaking up my day. At 2:30 still no call so I called them they were very rude and said they only guarantee check in for 3 however room was not ready until 4:30 and when I inquired about it the worker told me he has no control over the cleaners and I could find another place to stay if I wanted he would give me my money back. The room on top of that was not very clean and the entire place looks like it could use to be upgraded. There are so many other nicer places to stay for the same price I would not advise this place to anyone. Boardwalk Inn right down the street is very nice. The place is clean, staff is friendly and you get 15% off food in their restaurant which is awesome by the way

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Mary Rose C

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let's just start by saying I used to stay in a much more expensive property on Hampton Beach and got to a point where I just couldn't afford over $300 a night for a room the size of a closet. I decided to check out Ship's Inn because of its proximity to the beach. I found a very affordable place to stay where it's comfortable, quiet and very customer friendly.
The room I stayed in was huge, with a private balcony. My favorite part of the resort however is the roof top deck! This is a sunny, shared area with tables overlooking the beach, where you can bring your food and drinks, kick back and enjoy good times. I'm already booked for 2 nights during next month's Hampton Beach Seafood Festival and am really excited that my room has a Jacuzzi tub and a kitchen and a private deck, all for less than $200 a night! Best of all, it's only a 30-second walk to the festival!! Looking forward to staying at Ship's Inn many times to come!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We found the service to be friendly and efficient. Our room was very clean when we arrived. The carpet looked fairly new and the bathroom fixtures were recently updated in our room. The second floor was not a problem for us but could be if out of shape. Remembering you are at Hampton beach is a must. For the money it was one of the better places we have stayed. Quiet at night with the occasional smell of pot but I would expect that just about everywhere. Our family survived and I was really worried after reading a lot of the other reviews. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Smiley413
Keene
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two years ago (in the newer building adjacent to B street) because the hotel was close to the Main Sail Motel (where he had family staying). Two years ago our stay was nice. The room was pretty clean, though a little old. We had somewhat of an ocean view and the bed was comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was an added bonus as my husband had recently recovered from a broken leg. The only real negative was that there was no sign on the door to the balcony that said the door LOCKED from the inside automatically. My husband accidentally locked us out on the balcony with our cell phones in the room. He had to lower me off the balcony until I was 3 feet from the ground and then drop me so I could go around to let us in. I don't know what we would have done if we were older, I weighed more, I was shorter, or if either of us were handicapped. I also got pretty bruised up on the fall and ripped my dress. We should have complained but didn't.

This year we decided to go back because if locking ourselves out of our room was the worst thing that happened we could certainly avoid doing that again. We prepaid for our room for two nights ($345 with taxes).

Good points:
-When we arrived at 1 o'clock they let us check in early. The check-in is 3:00.
-The proximity to the boardwalk is nice. There is also a small convenience store right on the corner.
-The parking was plentiful though a jerk member of their staff decided to park behind us ALL day on our check-out day. We were able to get out after about a 20 point turn.
-The bed was comfortable.
-The other guests were quiet and friendly.
-Cute little barbeque area available. I wouldn't want to be in one of the rooms right next to it though.
-They gave us extra towels when requested.

BAD POINTS!:
-No elevator. We were only on the 2nd floor but we had a baby and lots of things to haul around. A very nice hotel guest helped me bring up the carriage. They should provide warning regarding this.
-The two pools were very small, crowded, and dirty.
-Other than check-in staff, we passed what I perceived to be all of their other staff (who were all under the age of 23) went to the stage on the beach and were singing and dancing and filming themselves. This was one hour after we checked in. If they spent more time cleaning the rooms prior to guest check-in instead of on this non-sense maybe the hotel would be nicer. To note, during our entire stay I did not see one person working at this hotel above the age of 23. Where was the owner/management?
-Language barriers between staff and guests.
-There should be more visible signage regarding the door to the balcony auto locking to prevent people from locking themselves out.
-The outside GLASS entrance door closest to our room was broken. It was taped together with scotch tape. Yes, scotch tape. Couldn't break out the duct tape guys?
-Our doorknob was broken so we put our valuables in the car when not in the room.
-The room smelled like old water and cigarettes.
-The stopper on the tub was removed. I used a washcloth to plug the tub so I could give my son a bath. I discovered the hard way that the stopper was removed because the tub leaked! When I felt the water on my knees I looked down and saw the tiles on the floor and noticed how discolored they were. This tub has been leaking for a while.
-The bottom of the tub was squishy and felt like you would fall through when showering, The safety bar was hanging from the tub, broken in the middle.
-The sink in the bathroom poorly drained. I think this was because it was not properly installed.
-The drywall on the ceiling in the room was wet. They must have a slow leak in the room above.
-The carpet was gross. We wore flip-flops the entire time.
-I THOUGHT the frig was fine until the milk I had just pumped that day went bad. I have a very weak sense of smell due to an old accident. I didn't notice the milk was bad until he starting to throw up and had diarrhea. My husband had smelt it at that point and determined it was all spoiled. A sick baby and 16 ounces of milk wasted. This also forced me to return to our room every few hours to nurse.
-We would have left but 1) We didn't notice most of these things until after 9 at night on our check-in day. 2) The check-in slip clearly indicates no refund will be provided unless you notify staff immediately upon entering your room that you need a refund. 3) When we woke up the next day there were no vacancies at any hotel anywhere close by. We were stuck.

We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer building if you have to stay here. I wouldn't though.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Serena S
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Last week we spent 3 nights here. Paid 279.00 a night for what was suppose to be a two bedroom with a living room and pull out sofa bed. The place was disgusting! The inside of the refrigerator was filthy, the floors and carpets were nasty. The pull out sofa was so bad it could not be slept on, the cable box did not work. Half of the lamps had no light bulbs, there was half a roll of toilet paper on the holder and two bath towels. There was five of us. Wifi didn't work, the pool was full of sand. When I went to the office for more toilet paper the guy at the desk gave me a package of brown paper napkins and said they were out of toilet paper. We had to go to the laundry room every day to ask for more towels. Our patio set on the deck only had two chairs with bent rusty legs. Also our room was by the picnic area so when someone cooked on grill the smell of lighter fluid came in through the crappy air conditioner. People were drinking and being loud until midnight. This was the worst "Hotel" we have ever stayed at. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Sarasmom1
Cohoes, NY
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ship's Inn for 2 nights on July 24-25, 2013. I travel frequently and am not really a "picky" person by any means. The hotel was in a perfect location, about 1/2 block from Ocean Blvd and the beach. It was nice not having to get stuck in all the traffic on Ocean Blvd, especially after the Wednesday night fireworks. There was ample parking and never had to fight for a spot. The property itself is in disrepair. If they took a little money and time to make some cosmetic repairs it would make a huge difference. The hallways are old, outdated, dirty and smelly. The room itself wasn't bad. Was clean, and semi-modern. Flat screen TV, bed was comfortable, but the Wi-fi wasn't really working. I also didn't take into account that there was no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor, so getting our luggage up there was a pain, the stairs are narrow and steep. I did like that our room had a door out to our own private balcony with a partial ocean view, so it was nice to get some fresh ocean air in there. The main public deck wasn't nearly as nice as depicted in the pictures. The pools are also tiny, over crowded and really dirty. There are plenty of other properties to stay in the areathat I can safely say I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple