“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Ottawa, Canada
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Despite having some hesitation about booking at this motel, mostly as a result of previous reviews, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by my one-night stay here earlier in August.

Like the majority of hotels and motels in Hampton Beach, the property is older, but it’s obvious that management is constantly making improvements. Contrary to what I read in previous reviews, I did not see a single example of filth or disrepair.

The check-in process was efficient and effortless. Even though I arrived shortly after noon (well before check-in time) the gentleman on the desk was very accommodating and did his best to get me a room right away. Room 112 had a beautiful, unobstructed view of the ocean across the street. My only complaint about the room is that the beds are old and somewhat in need of replacement.

Location is such that you are a two-minute walk from the beach and less than ten minutes on foot to the center of town. This really gives you the best of both worlds. You’re close enough to the action that you can park your car and walk everywhere, but far enough from the hustle and bustle that you can return to the peace and quiet at night.

In the morning, staff was again very accommodating, giving me recommendations for a good place to go for breakfast, as well as ice for my cooler. Check out was a breeze.

Overall, I would recommend this place as an unpretentious good-value choice in Hampton Beach. If I am ever back in the area, I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ware, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is a dump- the carpets are stained and dirty, tile floors are broken in the kitchen and bathroom areas. The whole place is pretty dirty! The small fold out couch was completely broken and could not even sit in it! We switched rooms 3 times and it got worse ever time- only reason we stayed was because they were NO vacancies anywhere on Hampton Beach at all! NEVER AGAIN- DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

Room Tip: ALL are Dirty
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank jen77p2002

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Seekonk, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2013

the worst hotel I ever seen,horrendous filthy dirty,the smell is so strong I couldn't sleep well,i had to check out one day early,never again, the bathtub use to be white now its yellow,the carpets are dirty, the service poor,i don't understand why they leave a envelope for housekeeping tip,

5 Thank antonio p
Seekonk, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 1, 2013

the rooms are extremely old and beyond filthy.The smell is horrendous to the point of making my stomach sick.I refused to allow my children to walk barefoot in the rooms and made them shower with their flip flops on.We checked out 1 day early because how bad it was.All of us felt uncomfortable at this place.It ruined our stay at Hampton beach bc we had nowhere to rest in peace.The elderly office attendant was incompetent and kept blaming the evening worker for his mistakes instead of taking responsibility or making amends.My children were so excited prior to this vacation and are now scared to go to
any hotels/motels/inns despite having traveled to numerous places and foreign countries in the past 5 years.

5 Thank 3velhos
Joliette, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Located directly across the street from ocean, looks clean and nice with the flowers outside but the room smell urine, humidity, the AC not working that much so if it's very hot and humid you suffer!!! At the reception the carpet is so dirty you have no idea!!!!! Parking is so small !! The las day I decided to make the luggage put everything in the car and went to the beach for a walk then I decided to come back to wash my feet and they were already cleaning my room, this was at 10h30 and the checkout time is 11h00!!! Anyway, don't go there it's a waste of money, instead book at a Holiday Inn, Best Western or other place like a hotel chain you know, on the Oceanview boul. the only thing they want is your money!!! But we discover a really good resto Community oven pizza, it's a must if you go.

3 Thank France L
Berlin NH
Reviewed September 22, 2012

9-14 to 9-16. The Sea Spiral is located directly across the street from the ocean. The ocean wall limits the ocean views from the first floor and I was happy that we booked the second floor unit #110. I would say this room has the best views from the motel room. Most other rooms have limited or none. The motel is old, however they are renovating all the time. Because of our larger group (8) we enjoyed the larger common decking with the direct views. The room was fine for what we wanted, it's not a resort by no means. I would stay there again making sure to get a unit with direct view and efficiency on the second or the third floors. These rooms have a nice sitting area overlooking the marsh. Some with screens, very peaceful. Lots of water birds and the monarch butterflies were in migration that was a amazing. Very nice for morning coffee or a quiet afternoon with my favorite book. It's a short walk to the boardwalk so it's nice and quiet. If you’re looking for amenities you may want to keep moving. Beach rooms tend to be used and this one was OK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ronbernie
East Greenbush, New York, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived to find that our "ocean view" was looking through a stair well on a deck shared by the entire floor we were located on. Private decks are non existent. Our bathroom was non functional. Toilet was clogged and the sink drain was broken. The pull out sofa for our son to sleep on was brown stained. The vent on the wall was completely rusted and hanging off the wall. This was the first time we ever went to Hampton Beach and we ended up at a Best Western in Portsmouth which was very accommodating so our vacation was not a complete waste. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean comfortable stay on the ocean. Oh and to top it off, parking was for sardines. My car was tapped in both the front and back by people who could not parallel park. This was the only type of parking available. I WILL SAY THAT I WAS PLEASED TO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE TO GET REFUND OF OUR DEPOSIT. THEY AGREED TO REFUND IMMEDIATELY.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family