“OMG”
Review of Boardwalk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2008

we stayed at the boardwalk inn last august. the only complaint i have is that at that time their website said "newly renovated rooms". i swear, the room we had, had a sleeping area and rroom with a sofa. there was a huge red stain on the carpet. we thought someone had been murdered there. the food at the pub/restaurant was good. as far as the loud music, we were in the crowd, that's one thing we went for. we walked the entire strip looking for entertainment and ended up back at the boardwalk. they had karoke, but the singers were good. they actually seemed to be regulars. call us gluteons for punishishment. we're going back to the boardwalk inn tomorrow, 8/4/08

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 3, 2008

My friend and I arrived for the weekend and only stayed for the night. The rooms are very very tiny and the hallway smelled funky. The carpet had sand embedded in it..housekeeping could have done a better job. We stayed in a room where it was advertised "some oceanview"..there was none. You look outside the room and there are trash cans everywhere, employees smoking and drunk kids..don't open the windows, it smelt horribly. Don't stay here if you want a good night's sleep. The bar which is 10 feet away from the rooms is extremely loud, there is a band that plays till 1am and the street is noisy as well. Also, the hotel manager was rude and snappy at us when we were checking in and out.. I dreaded even speaking to her. Overall, don't expect much out of this place.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bossoxgirl
Reviewed June 7, 2007

Vacationers beware! We booked the room based on their website. Wish I had seen this website first!

1) Their "Ocean View" rooms do not have a view of the ocean...unless you stick your head out the window and strain your neck.

2) Rooms were dirty. I had to wash grit and sand out of the tub, and wash the previous guests toothpaste spit out of the sink.

3) The "upgraded" room is right above the pub downstairs where they crank the music so loud it vibrates the floor

And worse yet something "went missing" from the room. When I reported it, I was told that "We've been having some problems with our housekeeping staff". Not exactly the thing you want to hear, right?

Then I was asked if I left a tip for the housekeeper. Are you kidding me??!!?? (read above...dirty tub and sink).

She asked me to wait to call back to see if anyone turned in the "missing item". When I called back, there was no apology, no offer for compensation.

For almost $100 bucks a night....it's really not worth the "ocean view".

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NortheastTraveler123
Reviewed January 30, 2007

I stayed here for two nights and I would never think of staying there again. The only reason I stayed a second night was because every place else was booked. There was a band that played both nights that sounded like it was in your room. For the amount of money that I paid per night you would have thought you would get a good nights sleep. The room was clean and the location is good but that is it. I wrote a letter to the Inn after my stay and never even received a reply acknowledging my letter.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank tmp416
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn on 08/08/06 because we had tickets to a concert at the Hampton Beach Casino. The Inn is right across the street and very convenient for that venue.

As mentioned in some other reviews, the place is old and could use a bit of updating, but it was clean and the management was very friendly and helpful. We also had an "extra" room--sort of a little living room off of the bedroom with its own airconditioner AND its own bathroom and television. The parking lot being about a block away was a little inconvenient, but I doubt that many, if any, hotels along the beach have on-premises parking due to the nature of the place, i.e., wall-to-wall buildings.

$120/night struck me as a little steep for what we got, but it was a good deal cheaper than many of the places we checked out. It was, after all, the summer season. I'd stay there again.

1  Thank SkiBird
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I called before I went down. The place Sounded great. I booked the room and lost $150.00 dollars because I believed the information given to me on the phone. The hotel refuses to refund my deposit even though it could not accomodate someone who could not navigate the very dark, steep stairs. I was told before I booked the room that there were only a few stairs. Most of the questions I asked were sugar coated, so I lost my money due the 15 day policy for cancelations. How are you suppose to know if a hotel is telling the truth when you live so far away! Never again!!
The rooms were not clean, and the rugs looked dirty. The parking was too far away if you have luggage and most people do, (one block away), the air conditioner was noisy and dirty. The outside looks nice.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank girlsongbird3120
Reviewed January 14, 2006

Old beach hotel with friendly staff and great views from the rooms. Right on the water and right next door to the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom.

1  Thank twofoxxy