“HORRIBLE HOTEL” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Longmeadow
“HORRIBLE HOTEL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

I dont reccomend this hotel to ANYONE. First of all they overbooked the place and when we arrived we were moved to a hotel further away from the ocean and not even to one that was the same price without giving us the difference back. The other hotel we stayed at which i will be getting to shortly was DISGUSTING. Mice infested and dirty. I cant believe they sent us to a dirty hotel and didnt reimburse us. Very upset.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
5 Thank KAM2122

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2006

I have to say when i first decided to book at this place, i was a little hesitant because of some of the reviews i had read. I decided to contact the owner (Shalin) to speak to her about it and see what was up. I was honest and i felt what she was telling me in return was honest as well. I cant say if what people wrote is true or not BUT i could tell you that i have done quite a bit of travelling in my day down South, North Carolina, South Carolina and little places like Old Orchard Beach and now Hampton Beach etc..... and this place was so nice, quiet, cozy, clean and the owners were unbelievably polite. You have to remember this is NOT the Holliday in nor The Sheraton, this is a family little place, 5 min. car ride to the beach, cute private little rooms by the pool, since we were two couples we got 2 rooms side by side again right in front of the pool, outside our room was 2 chairs and a table to sit out at night and we also had a picnic table which was good because for the 3 nights we were there we barbecued and ate right in front of where we were staying. You dont have to eat out while your down there because these little places are equipped with a fridge, microwave, coffee perculator and toaster or you can get a room for the same price with a little kitchenette which we didnt see the need because of having 2 barbecues on site. Normally i would want a room direcly on the beach but after seeing the caos down there, i am so happy where we stayed, it's a zoo down by the beach. The whole point of my stay was to get away and relax with peace and quiet and that's exactly what we got and of course who could beat $75 a night and there really is no catch, it's not cheap because of what the place is like,it's there price and that's it !! we should be thankful to get such a nice place at a cheap rate and leave with a smile on our face and that's what we did. last comment to add to this is that when we checked out yesterday at 11:00 am, me and my husband wanted to go down to the beach for the day as my husband wanted to get one more day of surfing in, we asked Shalin if we could come back and shower before we head out for a 5 hour drive and she said sure if theere was a room available but then we thought why do we need a room when we can just dip in the pool and that is what we did and off we went. so...Shalin & family thanks for having us and we WILL be back next year.
M. & Mrs. Sheppard
xx

• Liked — it was easy check-in, nice clean cozy little rooms and owners were very very nice
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — bring as much stuff you can from home such as: kettle, plastic cutlery, napkins,paper plates, paper towels, peanut butter, butter, ketchup, mustard etc..... things that you have at home and wont have to go out and buy
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank aviva123
Holden, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

We have stayed at this motel many times in the past with all good experiences thus far. Shalin, the current manager, had referred us to her cousins hotel in town (The Stone Gable Inn) as she had a room open only on Friday night and we had planned to stay two nights. She said that we were welcome to come and use her pool, grills, etc. while we were there. Friday night we had just checked into Stone Gable Inn. We had the kids change into their swimsuits and headed to Emerald isle to say hello and let the kids take a quick dip before bed. When we went into the office she said that she had been trying to call "all day" and that she had saved us a room for both nights as she had a cancellation. We said sorry, that we had checked into the other place already. She sent us back there to try to get the guy to refund our money so we could stay at Emerald Isle. Or to try to get out of Saturday night so we could stay with her then. No luck there---(See our review for Stone Gable Inn.)
We swam for a little bit then took the kids back. The next morning, upon advice we stopped payment on the credit card for the 2nd night and checked out of the hotel. We headed to the Emerald isle to find that -surprise!- our room was no longer available. Her vacancy sign was still lit and while we were in the office she was in the process of sending a young guy to our previous hotel. He too stopped in because the vacancy sign was lit.
She sent us to swim for a bit and told us to wait because she might have a late checkout due to the Nascar race. While swimming we could see that the room she had "saved" for us was still vacant. Less than an hour later she called me over to say there would be no rooms. She said we would need to leave in 1/2 an hour. We found a hotel up the road and were packing the kids up to leave. She then came out and asked us what was up. When we told her where we found another place she made a face - she then encouraged us to let the kids stay and swim----very flip--- or come back later. Not gonna happen. We said thank you politely for the help and headed out. We will not return to this hotel as long as it is under the same management.

• Stayed July 2006
9 Thank Sallypea

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Chicopee, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2006

We have stayed at this motel maybe 5-6 times in the past, but now they have new owners, and we will not go back.
This was the 2nd time the room was dirty. Yesterday we arrived in the room and there was a dirty and dusty counter; obviously not washed after the previous guests. The coffee pot had old coffee in it. The drapes and windows were also very old, half-hanging and not clean. The whole room had a dark, dank, and dirty look and feel about it. But the worse part was when we went to bed. We pulled down the sheets and they were dirty. There was someone else's hair and sand in the bed! It was rather late, the owners were probably sleeping, and we were so tired that we just slept on our beach towels.
In the morning we tried to tell the owner. I thought she would want to know. She is a very nice and delightful Indian lady, but said "oh she probably forgot" (to change the sheets), as she shrugged her shoulders. She didn't act surprised or upset at all. Sort of like saying, oh well, no big deal.
At that point her husband stormed into the office and started scolding my son for taking ice from the ice machine. He said "ice is for glasses, not for cooler", (but this cooler only held a 6-pack of soda). He probably took about 2 glasses worth of ice. By this time we were so stunned that we just walked out. We were not offered any apologies or any thank you's.
I would not recommend spending the night at this motel.

Stayed July 2006
13 Thank jguiel
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2005

I was checking on line for some directions and found this sight before we left on vacation and it scared me. My aunt lives one block away from this Motel and recommended it to me. Both of these last two posters are exagerrating and obviously are the kind of people who expect something for nothing. There is NO WAY that either of these people could find a Motel at this rate any closer to the beach and have it be any better. Yes its more like camping its not a HOTEL. You have a kitchen with a stove/sink/refrigerator. Lock the windows??? give me a break. This cozy little motel wouldn't even need the doors locked .. the owner can see everything from her office/home and everyone is very friendly and neighborly. Please ignore these last two posters. The owner of this motel is extremely nice and friendly .. she would do anything for anyone. When treated with respect I'm sure she would have refunded the women's money if her room was not what she expected.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2005

I had a terrible experience at this hotel. I completely agree with the last review.... This hotel was recommended to us, but come to find out it was with the previous owners. This was night and day. The new owners are ruthless business owners. The room we were supposed to stay at smelled of smoke, and was all around dark and dingy. There was mold hanging off the fridge and flys flying around everywhere. The pool was in deplorable condition. Come to find out the hotel pool was cited last year by the New Hampshire Department of Environmental protection because of it's lack of safety features and uncleanliness. Anyways, we mentioned that the room smelled to the owner and she went into another room and handed us a match and a candle to light it in the room! We could not stay at the motel and asked for a refund. The motel owner said if she booked our room, she would refund our money. She did book the room, but she never refunded our money. We paid the pull amount for 3 nights even though we did not stay there. I have reported the motel to the Better Business Bureau, unfortuatley not soon enough based on the last review. Please avoid this Motel, it ruined my entire vacation. I can highly recommend the Inn at Hampton. It is a wonderful hotel, not on the main drag

• Stayed July 2005
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Troy, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2005

I am sorry to say but this place has changed due to the new owners. Fisrt when I walked into the room the blinds and drapes didn't fit and were ripped, which made me check the windows, they did not lock. In the bathroom there was black mold in the ceiling tiles. BAD NEWS... In the kitchen area, there was an electric power strip, pluged in with the toaster and coffee pot and stove laying on the sink. The refigrator didn't open correctly due to it was stuffed in a small opening in cabinet. Then on the sheets and bed spread was someones make-up.. GROSS. I had to stay one night due to there was no other availablity on the beach. I did request my money back due to the code violations and unhealthy conditions, and she charged me the highest rate going, the top five star hotels didn't charge what she charge me. With no appology or reasoning for the mess and shape of rooms. There was also a family meeting room that had dishes and pots and pans all over the floor. TERRIBLE< TERRIBLE. I having been going to NH for 15 years, and never have I had a room be in this conditions. Sorry about all the negitive remarks, but PLEASE STAY OUT OF THIS HOTEL... Thank you.

22 Thank Diane S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hampton Village Resort
Ashworth by the Sea
#3 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton

Been to Emerald Isle Motel? Share your experiences!