“NASTY!!!!!!!”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“NASTY!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is the worst place ever! I walked in and walked out had to go to the store and buy disinfectant wipes and spray to clean the bathroom! The only reason I stayed was because i payed for a week ahead of time and couldn't get a refund. My husband asked on the second day for someone to clean are room. Six hours past room still not clean, he was so fed up he got a vacuum from them and did it himself! Pool area was falling apart and there was a bucket with something nasty in it next to the pool the hole time we were there. OHHH and don't for get the smell like something died! I will never return there, just HORRIBLE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Carmens1130

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

wow, it is not a really nice motel at all. The doorknob was broken and the drapes and bedspread were crummy, very dated, old and dark and dreary. THe kitchen has ONE PAN, ONE PLATE, and TWO COFFEE CUPS, that was the extent of the pots and dishes to make foods with, the microwave worked, but the TV didn't the cable man came while we were there but couldn't figure it out. You couldn't lower the sound without going over to the tv and doing it manually. What a pain that was! The kitchen was dreary, a cabinet was missing and it has water in it, stained from a drip???? The bathroom, well, it was filthy and I didn't want to shower in it so I didn't. The clientele were not tourists, but people who stay there all the time, live there I guess, don't really know what to say on that subject. We didnt see any bugs thank god, but it doesn't mean that they weren't there, we kept a light on most of the time at night. I couldn't wait till we got home, we had stayed there before when the Irish couple owned it and it was nice, much better then it is now. Yes, the rooms did smell, of what I don't know, not tobacco necessarily but just a bad smell, moldy, musty, not fresh air for sure. You might want to spend a little more and get a motel that you don't mind staying in for a couple of days. We were sorry we hadn't. It was in a nice area that is about all I can say thats good about this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank lovetheocean076

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Keene, NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

Stay away from this place. The bed we had belongs in a garbage dump. The owners should be ashamed to provide such poor accommodations for travlers. Not to mention the cobwebs in the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GRappler56
augusta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

FIrst time ever having to find a hotel in Hampton. Usually stay at the beautiful WIndjammer by the Sea Hotel but the owners needed to close for a few wks. I had an art show in the area and needed a mid priced room for 4 days. Checked out 5 different mid priced hotels in the area and they were all disgusting. THis one was slightly cleaner but not saying much. THe walls were dirty and had duck tape on them. Not sure the reason for the duck tape. There was mold in the tub and cigerette burn holes on the bed linens. The air was very stale. Did not receive any room service my entire visit. On a very nice residential street so you would have higher expectations. My only compliment was they had a new shower head. It stood out because ever thing else was old, broken down and dated.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pippenAugusta
kfryklund
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was very skeptical of this place when I read these reviews. This was the only place we could find for seafood fest and decided to go, despite the poor reviews. We got three rooms for 11 people and all had a really good time. The owner was incredibly nice and made sure we had everything we needed (she even brought us some ice cream while we played basketball).

Also, we went their for Seafood Fest, and the shuttles came right to the front of the building to pick us up and drop us off, so we didn't have to worry about driving to the beach.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
EmeraldIsleMotel, Manager at Emerald Isle Motel, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thanks for the kind words and hope to see you again.
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

This is the worst place I have ever been and I went on Spring Break in college. Never mind the gross smell. The place looked run down before we even pulled in. I never read reviews and I am sooo sorry that I did not before I went. How bad do you think it could be; even worse!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank l2travelNy
Brampton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

Stay away! This hotel is deplorable. It is old, run down and dirty. The washrooms were a disgrace. A number of the residents were clearly, not tourists. Many appeared to be vagrants with “no fixed address”. They stood in the door ways to their rooms smoking cigarettes, and staring at our kids as we unpacked. A very distressing experience for a family with young children. The price was not much cheaper that the chain hotels!!

The owner was very uncooperative and refused to refund our money even though we chose not stay the night. It was a costly mistake!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family