I must admit, I have a condo just blocks away from Ron's Landing...which might explain why I feel justified in giving this restaurant a 5 star rating.
1. Food: the seafood is remarkably fresh and they will cook it however you like. Indeed, I have an allergy to scallops and was able to get some dishes without said scallops and they were wonderful.
2. Service: this is a cloth napkin establishment, but the wait staff is friendly and willing to do whatever is needed to make their customers happy. (Shout out to Carolyn!!) The owner is a pearl amongst men. Just remember: make a reservation early to get the best seats on the 2nd floor by the window looking out on the ocean!
3. Price: Okay, unless you show up on Thursday or Sunday and the price is phenomenal, due to the fact that one can order the smaller sized fare. $25 to $35 (going on memory, here, don't hold me to it) with a very good wine list.
4. Wine: by the glass? Okay. I always end up ordering a Malbec. By the bottle? Excellent. So if you and your date/spouse/whatever have the same taste in wine, you can get something brilliant.
5. Entertainment: Okay, this isn't my bag, but when I've been there on nights when there's a band, it's always a band that's pleasant to listen to and not overbearing. More 80s and top hits that aren't disturbing than NIN.
I am looking forward to going back this season....yes, they're open all year. After Labor Day, it's Wednesday through Sunday. No touristas. No loud children. No inappropriate shorts and too small tank tops with questionable ink.... Ahhhhhh......heaven........(FYI, nothing against ink....just poorly done, unartistic ink.....)
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.