“Impressed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had dinner here 4/20/13~The service was great; our dinner came out quickly and the food was fabulous! We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Ocean Wok

Reviewed April 18, 2013

once upon a time i would travel here for my Chinese food fix now its just OK service is still very good prices are not worth it and i hope they can turn it around the preparation of the food its self seems to be the same the quality of the product just isn't their anymore hopefully at some point it goes back to the higher standers will be their again some day.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Open all year round, the Ocean Wok offers excellent Chinese cuisine! Their lounge is cozy, and dining room is welcoming, enjoyed by many--locals and tourists.

With Chinese tidbits, appetizers, bar drinks, soup, poultry, seafood, beef, pork, and vegetable dishes--to name a few--the Ocean Wok's can also become hot and spicy, and altered to your taste!

Chow mein or chop suey, Lo mein or Mi fun, Foo yong, or House specialities, pleasant dining or take out, the Ocean Wok is a Hampton Beach treasure!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I visited the Ocean Wok on a Friday night, arriving at 7:00, and the place was packed with a 20-30 minute wait. Because I was told by several people that the food was the best ever, I decided to wait. I was seated in less time, 15 minutes the most. The service was excellent, the food was good, and the price was very reasonable. However, I was expecting something more than the typical Chinese fare, but it was just that, typical. The crab rangoon was suppose to be the best, and "intensely crabby", but it was just like any other I've eaten, except for the presentation. I'm still searching for a crab rangoon that has actual crab in it. A friend said the egg fu yong was the best ever so I ordered that. It was good, but the gravy was a bit bland. Next up was the Peking duck, which was very good. Our server took the time to wrap our first serving in the pancake (sadly, it was a flour tortilla) with hoisin sauce and scallions. I would have like to have sampled the lo mein and the orange beef (my favorites) but the point values (yes, I am a Weight Watcher) were way too high. I will probably eat here again if I am in the area, but I can save the gasoline and eat the same food closer to home. Oh and fellow reviewer "noodlewindsor" will be happy to know that someone is paying attention because our plates were very very warm! I am rating this very good instead of average, because of the service, the freshness of the food, and the reasonable cost.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great food but plates were SO cold the temp of out food was in the danger zone! Guess in January you might need to,warm up them plates before you plate your food!

Been to Ocean Wok? Share your experiences!