“Great food, great service!”
Review of Ocean Wok

Ocean Wok
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went to Ocean Wok after the other Chinese restaurant on the strip failed to look appetizing. It's at the very end of the strip close to the bridge going into Salisbury. We walked in and it was nice and cool and we were seated immediately. My only complaint would be that the restaurant was practically empty at the hour we went and we were seated in the same spot as other people so it was louder then it had to be. The service was great, well above average. Our waitress was patient and pleasant and explained everything to us wonderfully.

We both ordered the same thing, General Gau's which is the same thing as General Tso's at most other restaurants. It was served with a choice of soup, chicken wings, and rice. I almost asked to substitute my chicken but I decided not to bother and I am glad I didn't because they were so incredibly good. Crispy outer, great flavoring throughout and large as well. The General Gau's chicken was also great. It was cooked and flavored well. The rice was bland for my tastes but the rest made up for it.

We had water with our meal and they refilled the water many, many times through the meal. As soon as we were done with it they were at the table taking care of us. The place was also very clean and the prices were great!

Definitely THE place to go for Chinese food in Hampton Beach.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Don't let anyone tell you different. They have the best chinese food I have ever enjoyed. Have eaten in many of the major "Chinatowns" in the US (San Fran, NYC, Boston and more). The Wok rises above them all.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

we just moved from newport, ri to hampton, nh it was our second night in our new home and decided we wanted Chinese so i checked out trip advisor and found the Ocean Wok ranked 17/52 restaraunts so we decided to drive over and order take out and wait at the bar.... the place was crowded and we would learn why... we ordered a drink and then our food which came as we finished our adult beverage...on the bartender's advice we ordered the Hawaiin Pineapple Chicken and added house rice, spring rolls and chicken wings...traffic was extremely heavy and the return trip to the house was an ordeal, what did i expect on a Saturday night in a beach town, but i digress the food was incredible ... the chicken was lightly battered and mixed with pineapple, mushrooms, etc it was simply deliciuos, the house rice was not the brown stuff we've become accustomed to on Aquidneck Island but white rice with shrimp and chicken it too was very fresh and tasty as were the wings and spring rolls. I highly recommend this restaraunt and if you can walk to it so much the better, expect to wait for a table but it is so worth it, we'll go back but maybe on a different night... thanks to Trip Advisor for this great restaraunt

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is far above average Chinese food, and to find it so close to my house was a nice surprise! Easily recommended.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The folks here are great and the quality is always very good.

Been to Ocean Wok? Share your experiences!