“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Ketch Restaurant

Sea Ketch Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Hampton, New Hampshire
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I happened into the Sea Ketch Restaurant in Hampton Beach on Saturday night during the 24th Annual Seafood Festival, and I'm glad we did. Having lived in Hampton and the area for more than forty years, we have rarely ventured to Hampton Beach, especially during the summer season. Saturday night, barely able to weave our way through the thousands who turn out for the Festival on the Boulevard, my wife suggested instead a restaurant for dinner, a place we had heard good things about: The Sea Ketch. First we were seated in the second deck along a wall with no view, but requested a "window seat" at the very edge of the deck overlooking the throngs passing below. Without a word, we were moved to the new table and the despite my attempt to press a tip into the hand of the hostess, she would not accept. I joked with "Vince" (he identified himself as one of the owners) standing near the register that had he not been nearby watching me, the hostess would have been able to take the tip for moving us. "No, she can't he said. It is not allowed." Wow I thought. (Believe me, she deserved it because the place was packed.)
My impression of the restaurant is that it appears extremely well managed despite some of the ridiculous and petty reviews I have read here in Trip Advisor. Considering the overwhelming pressure of the Festival crowds and the packed atmosphere in the Sea Ketch, the service was attentive and impressive; the food was way above what I would have normally expected on such a busy night. Fish and chips for my wife; I had baked haddock. Perfect, in my layman's opinion. My wife even remarked that the breading on her fish was probably the best she has tasted...and she hails from fish and chips country in Wales.
A little pricey, but what is not these days?
Give it a try and ask to sit on the second deck overlooking the Boulevard! Definitely entertaining as you watch an ever-changing panorama slide along down below.

• Visited September 2013

Dahlonega, Georgia
“Good food with a view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

On our whale watch , a local recommended this place to us. This was our first time in Hampton Beach. It was a nice place to have a beach lunch. We ordered the clam appetizer , lobster rangoons , clam chowder , fish and chips and , grilled chicken pesto, and a lobster roll. All of the food was very good . We had good service. The place was nice to sit and people watch and enjoy the beach view. The seafood was good. Our bill was $83.43 with ice teas. A little high for lunch but it was our first time in New England and on vacay. So we had fun tasting new things. Loved the lobster roll.

Thank ms.go-go
jersey
“good food/service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Typical price($$$) for beach restaurant. Steamers/lobster/steak were good - swordfish with mango sauce was ok. Service was above average.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Over priced, small portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had not been to Hampton Beach in at least 25 years. Was impressed by the revitalization. They did a great job. Had dinner on the top of Sea Ketch which only served soup, salads sandwiches and some fried food. Lots of people up there having drinks. Beautiful view. The food was just OK for us. For the price we felt the food was overpriced for the small potions. Not impressed. Next time will make our way off the beach to Browns or Markeys. Not a place really for small children with people drinking and having a good time. Loud music. Had the clam basket with not many clams for the price. Clam chowder was a small bowl for the price. Sorry

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Donna K
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good Food And Service but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food and service was very good, Did find that a lot of the food was quite pricey.
They are probably charging for the view as they have 2 upper levels where you can see the beach.

• 2 of 5 bubbles