“Excellent food and interesting wine list” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonta - CLOSED

Bonta
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Excellent food and interesting wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We visit new Hampshire each year and continue to enjoy excellently prepared food and good salads. The menu is good though a little shortbon fush choices but good pastas. Not a typical Italian restaurant. There is a very good wine list with some surprising choices available from some smaller excellent California vineyards. Very good attentive service in pleasant restaurant surroundings. The bar is usually full

• Visited August 2012

Exeter, New Hampshire
“Still can't figure out why it gets such great reviews!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I keep saying I won't return to Bonta, then someone tells me that there is a new chef or a new manager, etc, etc, and it has improved. After yet another visit over the 4th of July holiday, I stick by my original review that is the food is pretty good, the drinks overpriced and the service neutral. We did have a large party, but no reason that our waiter should seem annoyed with any question about the drinks or menu. I really want to love this place as it is convenient and there are not many fine dining options outside of Portsmouth, but I just can't give more than a few stars to food that is only OK and service that is not friendly and attentive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Runner03833
New Hampshire
“high Point, good dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

this is a special place for us and we don't go that often. It is certainly higher priced, but generally worth it for an outstanding meal (although not the last time I was here) They do aspire to be the best, but don't always have the consistency that you expect from a restaurant of this caliber.

Hingham, Massachusetts
“No Nit-Picking Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have come here a handful of times over the years and this place consistently delivers (in most ways) with the best. Very welcoming entrance with perfect lighting and a lovely, lively atmosphere that never gets too loud with perfect acoustics. The bread is fresh and wonderful as are the salads. Drinks were strong and pleasing. A great menu including a nice selection of veal and seafood. The veal special was elegantly plated and delicious. The only thing keeping me from giving a 5-rating (wish I could give 4.5) was the service. Our waitress was pleasant and informative...but there were a couple of long stretches (especially after salads and after dinners served) when she vanished. It took about 5 minutes too long to get our first drinks in front of us. Somebody could do a better job of watching the floor and getting her back in front of people. It didn't look like she (or the bartender) was over-matched with tables. Overall, however, it was another great experience at Bonta and I look forward to coming back as well as strongly recommending it to others. It remains dependably among the best.

1 Thank HinghamPonch
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me on our first date here over the weekend. The menu had a large variety of options. The bread was delicious and our entrees were superb. We were both very pleased with our meal. He ordered bolgonese which was fabulous and I ordered a clam scampi dish that I loved and could eat forever! Highly recommend this restaurant. They also change their menu seasonally which is a nice touch.