“Excellent Italian dishes”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The marinara on the lasagna was very delicious. The manicotti was stuffed full with ricotta and spinach and also very tasty. I don't remember tasting the chicken in it but the meal did not suffer for it. Our server was extremely attentive and personable. A very relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday evening of a holiday weekend was truly enjoyable.

1  Thank Carol S

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We've been going to the old Ron Jillian's for years...usually getting take out. They've moved to a new place and we had dinner at the bar recently. They had fettuccine bolognese on the menu and agreed to substitute angel hair. HUGE portion that was very serviceable. For $16 I'll be back, get it as take out and make three meals out of it.

1  Thank Steventish
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I live in Hampton and finally went to Ron Jillian's on Rte 1. Very clean, lots of parking. My wife and I sat at the bar and it was instantly obvious the place was full of locals. I had the Veal Parm which was excellent. I'm a big eater and they gave me 2 big pieces of veal...it was too much but excellent. Friendly wait staff, big TVs at the bar. I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank MDGreek
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I ate supper at Ron Jillians for the first time this evening, despite both finding the online menu somewhat limited.  She was well satisfied with the veal parmesan while I found the chicken Mediterranean to be a kluge of discordant and out of balance flavors.  I don't know whether it was the olives, or garlic that had been overcooked so that it was bitter, but one of the two, or perhaps both, were battling for ascendency over the peppers, artichokes etc.  My other problem was that I asked for a perfect Manhattan with bar bourbon, and was charged fifty cents for Jack Daniels.  Was it really necessary to zing me for an extra fifty cents on top of the nine dollars charged for the drink?  The Manhattans I make at home with Jim Beam bourbon taste much better than what I was served tonight.

1  Thank Iguana_Joe
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch the day after Labor Day and had an excellent experience. The crab BLT w/chips was good...more breading than I like, but a nice remoulade sauce to add flavor. The clam chowder was very good. Chowder is a 'personal choice' food item but this one was thick, with lots of clams, potato bits, onion and celery. Great flavor. The place has an excellent bar area and a traditional Italian menu w/ parms and pastas. A bread basket is brought to the table with butter but each table has a basket w/cheese, olive oil, basalmic and a great tart Italian dressing to be used w/bread or any other part of the meal. Shannon, my server was attentive with excellent suggestions. I'll return for dinner soon.

1  Thank HebbieDacker