“Great place, great service, great location, great pool, family oriented”
Review of Janmere Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We discovered the Janmere Motel about six years ago, after going to Hampton Beach for several years. We discovered it quite by accident and have been going there ever since.
It is one of the cleanest, well-maintained motels in the Hampton area. It's location is great as it is off the main street, but an easy walk to the beaches and strip. It is family oriented and has staff on all night, so you feel a sense of comfort. The rooms and pool are clean and well-maintained. The service is great, owners and staff very accomodating. We are from Vermont and try to make it to Hampton at least once a summer and more if possible - we always return to the Janmere. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trainersvt

Reviewed August 26, 2009

Very unique place, my second stay...it's all been said before, let me say it short and sweet..

great location, park the car and just walk...

ultra amd I mean ULTRA clean..even the parking lot..

Ancient rooms...paneling..old chairs you name it OLD.

Hand towels not BATH towels..

NO VISITORS Please...

If YOU have to be alpha dog...please find another place, but ig you can follow the rules, and like a clean qield place run by prison guards, you have found Nirvana..

now the price..I just paid $125 a night for room 3..two full size beds...is that good? remember no maid service, make up your own beds if you care to...get you own fresh towels [small] at the office and one bucket of ice..

but you know what? ain't nuthin' deluxe in Hampton Beach...why expect it in a motel room...

I'd go back in a minute!!!!

2  Thank JimfromDalton
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Someone recommanded me this motel in Hampton Beach so I found the phone number on internet and made a reservation. I dont know what happened but I made a mistake on dialing the number and called an other Motel and make a reservation (my mistake).
When I arrived at the Janmere Motel, after a 7 hours drive with my 2 young childrens, I was told very unpolitely that I had no reservation at this Motel and to please leave. I went bach to my car, a bit desesperate and called my credit card company to try to sort it out (try to find my reservation...) The lady at the office sent the janitor 2 times to kick me out of the parking lot (where I was since 3 minutes on the phones and not disturbing anybody or anything) He was very rude with us even if I asked for just 5 minutes to fix my problem.) He forced us bach on the street with the kids not attached in their car seats....

I dont understand how these people can still be in business. Please dont encourage them.

10  Thank pepette66
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My family and I have been coming to the Janmere for well over 10 years and one of the reasons we continue to return is that we know that the owners care about their facility and the safety of their guests.

I keep reading negative reviews of this motel that deal primarily with the no visitors policy and the level of security. The fact of the matter is that these are the policies of the motel’s owners and I’ve witnessed first hand how they deal with the violators. For this, I say, “thank you. I and my family appreciate your attentiveness to the safety and security of your guests and their property.”

When you first arrive at the motel, there’s a sign displayed quiet clearly. “Private Property – No Guests Allowed.” You really can’t miss it. Would you rather spend your time and money at a place where no one cares what happens? If this was your motel, would you want unregistered and uninvited people coming and going at all hours? If you really think about it, my guess is that you honestly wouldn’t.

Now I can understand that some might be offended when asked if you’re staying there and/or asked to produce a room key. However, these folks see an awful lot of people coming and going every day for months on end and they can’t be expected to remember each and every one of their guests by sight.

The rooms are always clean as are the walkways, parking lot and pool facilities. Every day I was there, I spoke with no less than 3 or 4 of the staff, and each and every one of them was pleasant. A smile and a “good morning” goes a long way! These folks work very hard to provide a clean, safe and enjoyable motel for all their guests, not just a certain few. So, if you arrive with a smile on your face (despite the weather) and an appreciation that someone will be watching out for you, you should be pleased with your stay. If not, that’s your choice… that just means that I’ll have a better shot at having a room waiting for me when I return.

Thank you to all at the Janmere for another great stay. Keep up the good work! Hopefully we’ll get to come back before the end of the summer!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank happyknitting
Reviewed August 11, 2009

we chose the janmere because our regular motel was booked. My wife called and was told "we don't take credit crads or personal checks". that was fine,the woman (who turned out to be the owner)was extremely rude and said cash only. Once there the employee's were very nice,the room was small but very clean. The owners AGGRESIVELY MANAGE this motel.At night they will sit outside the office and challenge anyone going back to thier rooms. Do you have a room key? what time did you check in? are just a few of the questions you'll get asked.the owners moniter every room for outside visiters. a few people who stayed there were given a hard time. The issues were from not putting the motel tag in your car window to visitors. the experience was okay,however it felt like at any minute we would be thier next target. from harrassing people at the pool. to watching everyone come and go the owners run this place like a prison.they have NO ISSUE asking you to leave or just not renting to anyone they don't want too. it was tough to relax @ night sitting outside while the guy in the golf cart grilled you with questions outside your room . we won't go back.we didn't feel welcome or comfortable. and WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!!

• Check in / front desk
4  Thank wudd2
Reviewed August 4, 2009

There have been many negative reviews about this motel...........mainly for the "no visitors" policy. You are told the rules as you check in.........if you want to have visitors come by, perhaps go to another hotel. I liked the idea that strangers are not roaming the property, the security system is excellent. If they made an exception for one, they would have to make it for everyone. The owner can be a bit brusque, however if you are nice to her, she is (somewhat) nice back to you. The cash only rule was not a problem for us either, also told up front, we usually use cash for vacation.

Now the whole area is kept very clean, the parking lot is swept often during the day. The pool was sparkling clean............in the morning someone actually cleans the sides of the pool and skims it. All the chairs along the pool were sprayed down and wiped off. The motel is not new, most in the area are not, but they try to keep it as clean as possible. The rooms are on the small side, but had a refrigerator (great), the bathroom looked like it had been remodeled.............the bathtub was purple! We thought it was worth it to upgrade to the air conditioned room-a must in the summer. Looking around the motel, there are only a handful of air conditioned rooms. They only offer double beds, no king or queen; but it's not too bad for a few nights. They do not come in the rooms to clean during your stay..............you can exchange for new towels (very small & skimpy) as often as you need. There is an ice machine near the office with small buckets, you cannot use the ice to fill coolers.

The location is great, a block in from the strip and all the noise.........an easy walk to the beach and all the attractions. It's right behind the Casino Ballroom if you are going there for a show. There is a convenience store right across the street and plenty of places to walk and get something to eat or drink. You can just leave your car & walk everywhere.

As long as you follow their rules, it's a pleasant stay..........and the weather is good!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NJBeachbaby
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This motel is dark and has mold spores in the carpet and air conditioning units(they dont get cleaned) you can tell..The people there are rude!!! My father came in to help us unload because we have two small children and the woman at the front desk told him he could not step foot on the propertiy he was staying next door at a motel that we were not able to get a reservation. I was so appaled and didn't want to spend 1 more minute there but we were there for the beach and some family time with reletives so I fumed in silance. They treat you like your some kind of intruder at night we would be pushiung two baby carriages back and a man sitting outside would make us show him our room keys and ask us when we had checked in... NEVER AGAIN NOT WORTH IT!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family