“Worst. Motel. EVER!”
Review of Janmere Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
jgk9276
“Worst. Motel. EVER!”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We drove to the Janmere and were traveling w/ a friend who was staying elsewhere. At our check-in we were asked who this person was because we were only registered for two people. We had to explain that they weren't staying w/ us, but the tone and attitude of the lady was very rude. The room appearence and cleanliness was pretty-much expected considering the price. There were other friends of ours staying at the same hotel and when we got to our room we met up with them. Within a minute of our friend seeing us, there was a knock on the door from their 'security' (ie PEST) telling us that there are no visitors and there can only be 2 people in this room. Absurd! The other person is ALSO STAYING AT THE MOTEL!!

Each night when we returned, we had to flash our keys to a man sitting in a rocking chair. It was very bizarre.

I will never stay here again! The people that run it are very rude and extremely strange. It's as if they don't want people staying there.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jgk9276

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
zjtorres
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My husband and I both had the weekend off during the month of august and thought we would go on our last Hampton trip of the season...we usually stay at the Ashworth or the Mainsail, but not many places had vacancy. I was told by a friend to check out the Janmere...I made a reservation, and, they only took cash so we had to pay when we got there. The staff was rude and the rooms were old, dark, and looked dirty. The air conditioner was old and noisy and the one window in the bathroom didn;t even open. On our first evening there, we went out around 7 and didnt return until about midnight...when we walked onto the property a man in a golfcart drove over to us and asked us if we were staying there, as they do not allow visitors...when we said yes, he asked us what room we were staying in and when we checked in. That was interesting. The day we went to check out, I went to the desk to return my keys and I heard a certain racial slur come out of the managers mouth that was offensive to us, as we are both puerto rican. I will never ever ever stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank zjtorres

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

MA
Reviewed January 30, 2009

In July/August of 2003, my husband and I stayed at this motel. We needed a quick place to stay for the week, as other relatives were staying close by in a different sold-out hotel. We chose the Janmere due to its availability of rooms for the time we needed, and its location to where our family was staying.

We had to pay cash, which we thought was insane, but since they had a room for the week we went to the ATM and got the money.

We had a standard type of room with a queen or king bed, a tv, and bathroom. It was nothing special, but it was a room.

We could not shower in this room, as something was wrong with the water. It would become extremely hot, and then extremely cold as you tried to shower. I remember my husband screaming out while trying to shower because he was burning, then freezing. I cleaned up by standing in the tub and bending down to wash my hair under the hot/freezing tub faucet!

We were told there was no maid service at this motel, so we were surprised to see a worker let herself right into our room one morning! My husband and I were sleeping (without full clothing) in bed, and we woke up and screamed! The woman also screamed and ran out of the room... leaving the door open! Our room was on the first floor, and was now open to the parking lot. My husband scrambled for clothes to shut the door.

We went to the desk after this and told them we wanted our money back for the rest of the days. We were told we'd have to wait until the manager would be there which was later in the day! (what!) With much hassel and rudeness we were refunded for the unused days, and we stayed somewhere else (The Ships Inn... and we've been going there ever since!)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank SandCastleQueen
Springfield, MA
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Totally Unprofessional and Completely Disrespectful!!

I telephoned the Janmere Motel the day before my arrival into the Hampton Beach area. I spoke to a woman at the front desk (Possible Owner) and inquired about the availability of a room for a single elderly gentleman. I had business in town and preferred to stay along the shore. I was informed that YES, they had rooms available and they only accepted cash or travelers checks. I said that would be great! I would arrive the next day, shortly after 12 noon (Earliest check-in time) and I'd be paying cash. I gave the woman my name and asked if there was anything else required for my room and reservation? I was told NO!
While traveling the next morning, I repeatedly attempted to contact the Janmere to get some basic directions to their Motel and received NO ANSWER. Once I arrived in the Hampton Beach area, I went to the Janmere to find NO ONE in the office & check in. WHAT?? Office Closed? I called the Janmere Motel number and another woman answer the phone. I informed her of my conversation with them yesterday and the reservation I had made. I was told in a very disrespectful tone and attitude, "They're all gone for the day!" They won't be back!. I asked, "What about the reservation I had made for that evening? Rudely I was told, "What about it ~ They're gone!!"
I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!" What was the purpose of our conversation yesterday? Why was I told that YES they had rooms available for my stay on 9/15? Why then provide information on "cash only" and travelers checks? Why be so disrespectful and in my opinion dishonest about everything? WHY IS THE JANMERE IN BUSINESS??
STAY AWAY!! My thoughts turned to when I was younger with my wife and our young children, and if then, how we would have been left high and dry! Thank goodness it only me, an elderly gent searching for a place to stay (Pay) for the night!
Shame on you Janmere!!

• Liked — Nothing!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank ButchyB1
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This past Saturday my mother, my two young children, and myself went to Hampton beach for the day. My mother was planning on staying over night and my husband was going to drive down after work and drive my children and I home. We came across the the Janmere hotel which looked clean and had a pool, my mother went inside paid for a room and was told only registered guests could be on the property or use the pool. We went in the room used the bathroom and put the kids in the carriage and headed up to the beach. As we were walking out of the parking lot the women (owner??) walked right up to me and asked are you a registerd guest and told us we couldn't be on the property my mother said thats why we are leaving. We were gone for at least three hours, my husband arrived so my daughter and I walked back to the room to get our bags and carseats. As soon as I shut the door the young man driving the golf was knocking on the door telling me to go up to the front desk they wanted to refund our money. I was in such shock I couldn't believe we were being treated like this. I went up to the front desk and asked what the problem was the nasty women said she wanted my mother to leave because she had "visitors". I said I don't understand we were literally in the room for five minutes and now i was just getting my bag and carseats so we could go home with my husband. She said that this was the policy and they have to do the same for everyone. And to top it off they didn't even refund all of my mothers money. I still am furious and can't belive that happened. Do NOT stay at the Janmere Motel!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing!!!!
  • Disliked — The owners or staff!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
8 Thank arubalover_8
New England
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My family has been staying at the Janmere for over 10 years now. It is by far the cleanest and quietest hotel in the Hampton Beach area. The staff is friendly and helpful, and make you feel welcome. We have been going to Hampton Beach once a year for 20 years now, so we tried out quite a few hotels before we found this one. Now this is the only place we will stay. It is a block back from the beach, so it is a quick walk to the boardwalk and the beach. The pool is immaculate, as is the parking lot. We highly recommend this hotel, especially to families who are looking for a clean, family-type hotel.

• Liked — Great location and very clean accomadations.
  • Disliked — The room decor could be updated.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank NewEnglandJewel
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We stayed here and loved it. The owners were very friendly and the rooms were spotless. The location is perfect right behind the heart of town. They take cash only which is fine for us. We will be back for many years to come.

Ang

• Liked — friendly and great customer service, very clean and big rooms
  • Disliked — Like all the hotels on the beach they are older buildings so if your used to a marriott this is much different but quaint in my opinion.
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy the clean groomed beach. This hotel is has great customer service and cares about the guest.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family