“Rude, borderline harassing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Janmere Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Glens Falls, New York
“Rude, borderline harassing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our third time here. We booked two rooms, one for my son and his girlfriend, and one for my husband, me and my 14 year old son. My older son tried to get a bucket of ice the second day and they refused to give him one, said he has to "buy" a bag of ice from the owner. When my husband tried to find out way, the owner's son was extremely rude and refused to give him ice. Then that evening, our room was on the first floor and we were using two outside chairs from the room next to us, which was not being booked and the woman that checked us in said we could use them. When finished, we put them back exactly where we took them from. However, after the ice bucket incident, we came back from dinner to find the extra outside chairs that we were using were gone - they actually locked the chairs up in the room that was not even being used!! Also, my older son and his girlfriend said that the "security guard" that they have rooming around all night in his littel golf cart actually shined a flashlight in their room during the middle of the night!! Was glad to leave the place and will never be back. Would not recommend to anyone - staff is rude and doesn't care about customer service AT ALL!! Don't waste your money. Go to the Main Sail!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Julie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and i vacationed here for a couple of days, and i can say the experience was a good one! Not only did it take 1 minute to walk to the beach, other accommodations and restaurants were very close by. This is a motel so; you get for what you pay for. Regardless, everything was clean and well maintained. The owners’ sons were constantly hard at work and were always surveilling the premise which was comforting. This place is in a great location nonetheless, this isn’t the place to party and be loud afterhours. They are very strict about that, which is good because you hear everything and only want peace and quiet when trying to sleep!

Overall I would definitely stay here again, I felt comfortable and safe! If I had any suggestion, I would probably ask them to get WIFI since there aren’t many places that do have them in NH. Great experience!

Room Tip: we chose rooms without the A/C and to be honest, it wasnt necessary since all rooms have ceiling fan...
3 Thank Patricia S
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Jan Mere has a little of everything for ur needs...........polite friendly staff , very clean rooms , great parking , refridgerators , cable and best of all a very well kept in ground pool with tables and umbrellas . You r literally one short street away from all the action on the board walk , instead of having to walk a long distance . The rooms r perfect for their guests , spacious and the air conditioners work great !!!!! If u have never stayed here before and would like to check it out just ask if u can see the room first before renting one so there is no issue about refunds . We just love it here , when u have been coming here for a long time like us its so nice to arrive and b called by ur first name . Everyone has different tastes and wants so much for their money and will ALWAYS complain about this or that bottom line is that gives the Jan Mere a very bad name to others who r not as demanding as you r . Let people find out for themselves , if people go stickly by what they read on here then they lose out on a great experience . The security at night is awesome , makes u feel very comfortable that they care about you . Jan Mere is so kid friendly and the kids have a blast , mine do . I have a 7 month old puppy and I knew that didn't allow pets so I made arrangements at home for her . The guest policy is great , I for one don't want a bunch of people sitting outside my door unless its at my house . Don't believe all the negative u read here cause u know what they say about opions , every has one . I am very passionate about this place cause year after year I have never ever been disappointed . If u want Beverly hills then go there , if u want all that I have said u have to try it for urself at least once . Good Times at the JM

3 Thank nunya802
Windsor Locks, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband, sister and brother-in-law took a drive up to Hampton Beach NH to spend some time together. We stopped at the office at Janmere for directions and ended up getting a room for the night. The people at the hotel and the visitors we meet were friendly and welcoming. The women in the office had mentioned that they had a large room with 3 beds available right across from the pool that night and gave us a great price. We decided to stay, went to dinner and went for a walk on the boardwalk after dinner. After our walk we went back to the hotel and went in the pool. It was great, clean and inviting. The other visitors at the pool were so friendly and invited us to join them in the pool. After the pool we return to the room and to our surprise we hadn't noticed we had a full size refrigerator and freezer; great for our water bottles and drinks and my husbands insulin. We had a long day and all took showers, with plenty of towels etc. for all. The air conditioner was great and parking was terrific. We parked right in front of our room and we even had our own little patio outside the room to relax and enjoy the views. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family or friend who was going to Hampton Beach and want a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room across from the pool on the first floor if you have children, you can sit outside on...
2 Thank sawyerp1
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Room had a bad smell and the AC dated from last century, blowing almost no air (and dust...). When asked for a refund, the owner told me there is a 50$ cleaning fee (even if we didn't touch anything). After consulting with the wife, the owner changed her mind and didn't want to give us our money back. No internet access, no room cleaning, no toilet paper. Beds are jumpy and very old. The refrigerator also dated from last century... Rooms are clean and it's close to the beach, that's the only positive point about this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!! If you do, choose a room with a new AC
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Frank D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

1970'S Flare. Well Maintained Outdoor Pool. Close Proximity To Best Part Of Beach. Only A Block Walk To Food, Free Nightly Entertainment In Outdoor Stage, And Kids Game Center. Pricey. Good Parkin Included Instead Of Paying $10-$20 In Lots.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sis40
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

the beds are hard as a rock it's small. the people that run the place think they have prison not a hotel. they are very miserable not friendly at all. it was just my husband and myself that stayed there and we are in our late 50's so it's not like we were teenagers and they have a lot of rules! would not stay there ever again. we have been going to Hampton for years and have stayed in many places and that was the most uncomfortable place ever! some lady wrote a review and she called it a Nazi prison camp she is so spot on that's what it feels like when you go there. couldn't wait to leave!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple