“It's fine!”
Review of Janmere Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you know what to expect ahead of time, it's fine. It's true, there are absolutely no outside guests allowed, no exceptions. No maid service, so just exchange your towels yourself when you need to. It's not fancy, it's an older motel, but I never saw any problems with cleanliness and always felt safe on the property. You absolutely can not beat the location, it's perfectly close to everything and has a nice pool. The price is average for the area. A totally fine place to stay if you like a simple place to stay that's close to all the action, but far enough away to quietly relax by the pool when you want. Staff DEFINITELY needs to work on being a little friendlier.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank k_holak
There are newer reviews for Janmere Motel

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I checked into this motel after a really bad experience at a motel a few blocks away. We were so LUCKY to get a room here. The rooms were immaculate!!! The owners of this place definitely know how to effectively run a great business! I have never stayed in a motel with a night security guard. I felt safe in this place, as did my family. It's only a block from the beach and boardwalk. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heather K
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The janmere could be good but definatly needs some renovations. The bed is hard as a rock I contemplated sleeping on the floor! The tvs are small and old. Air conditioner looks like its from the seventys and barely seem to work. We left to go to the beach and when we came back the room was still warm. The night security was nice to have. Also did find a couple small bugs in the room.. This motel could be so much better if they spent a little money on it. Good stay If in a pinch.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Nvp234
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I were on vacation coming back from Myrtle Beach SC. We live in Upstate NY, So when we got home we desided to go for a ride to Vermont to see about this fleamarket not planning to stay over night anywhere. We were near Keen NH and I said lets take a ride further. Well Long story short we ended up in Hampton Beach. Now we are sure we were not going to travel back home that night so we came upon this hotel. I work for Choice Hotels myself knowing what to expect .Yes this is old school but the best old school hotel We ever stayed at.The room was very clean. bathroom spotless. Cleaner than the Choice Hotel we stayed in SC. Keep up the great work. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marietta B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I traveled to Hampton Beach with my daughter and granddaughter for a girls' getaway. We had stayed at the Janmere years ago and I'm so glad we returned.
The room was a good size with newer carpet, and the bathroom was imaculate! Dated decor as read on other reviews? Yes, but oh so clean!
Most importantly, the owners and staff were very nice and accomodating. I had read in a review that staff would sit and watch their guests. True. But I felt it to be a good thing - a way for them to watch their property, as well as say a friendly "hello" as we came back to our room. In fact, we were greeted and welcomed back each time we returned from the beach or boardwalk.
There is staff 24 hours and their presence is known, so I felt extremely safe. Justin is a fantastic and friendly night staffer. =)
And the pool!!...The cleanest and clearest of any hotel we have ever stayed at in Hampton or elsewhere!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank kbattuello
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I see some people give this place an excellent review, and personally there probably the neighbors who would keep your ball when it went over the fence, that's why they like this place so much, they can relate to the owners!!! Me, on the other hand, m shocked that after paying $200 a nite for a room, you can't have a guest?????!!!! Is this Germany in the 40's???? Or if your kid yells as he does a cannonball into the pool, your reprimanded and warned that if happens again, " YOUR OUTTA HERE"!!!! Really people, do yourself a favor and drive right on by the Janmere, and good reviews on this were written by the owners!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
14  Thank Townie1266
Reviewed June 8, 2012

we came here over july fourth weekend in 2011, after arriving on a whim with no reservations. we were glad to get any place, so we took it. i don't remember a bad experience that time, so we reserved the place again this year for memorial day weekend. after having read all of these reviews, i can totally see what everyone is talking about. i think the owners are a little crazy and i am not sure how they stay in business. i don't like to be negative on trip advisor but i feel it is my duty to report. you are watched like a hawk continually even if you aren't doing anything wrong. i understand they have their rules but i felt like i was on an army base. the room is small, there is no maid service included so i felt it was dirty. the bed was the most uncomfortable thing ever and my husband and i both left with back aches.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple