“Great News - Ron's Chez Boucher is now open to the public!”

Savory Square Bistro
Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT. 1
Description: Bonjour! Located on NH's beautiful seacoast, The Bistro provides guests with a cozy and quaint but refined dining atmosphere and experience. We have a small candlelit dining room and a separate room for our lounge and antique bar which offers the full menu. The lounge consists of 16 seats at the bar or a variety of high top tables, two TV's, and a gas fireplace. Relax and enjoy our fine multi-course menu offerings in either our softly lit dining room or bistro bar. The Bistro's casual yet elegant atmosphere welcomes all who enjoy good food, good wine, and good times! Bon Appetit! The Bistro is open Monday through Saturday for dinner. Reservations are recommended. Entertainment is offered in our lounge area on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ron has been a well-known & highly respected chef in the seacoast area for many years. He switched gears a little bit about 10+ years ago to run a culinary school & has inspired many good chefs who went on to open their own restaurants. He has renovated the location of his school into a lovely, intimate restaurant & bistro in downtown Hampton. He has always been known for creative cuisine & the chefs he has working here have learned well from him. The food is as good as ever & I can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic dinner. The bar area also has perfect ambiance for lighter fare of just a cocktail. Open Wed-Sun.

2  Thank dwoceanside

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Friday night is hopping here! The bar is busy with locals who all seem to know one another. The service was terrific, and the food was good. I loved my Chicken Palermo - Yummm - from the lighter fare menu but, very generous for lighter fare. My husband thought the duck tasted steamed, the texture funny....it was supposed to be smoked and medium rare - NOT!! Great little getaway spot on a Friday evening!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

First time there was the Mother's Day brunch buffet today. Big disappointment. We sat down and were asked if we'd like something to drink -- no wine list, no way to tell without specifically asking what was available or how much it would cost. We ordered generic "chardonnay". Eight bucks a glass, it turned out. The buffet was set up on a bar. None of the food was hot except the chafing dish of seafood newburg (which was very good) -- baked stuffed shrimp, stuffed sole, stuffed potatoes -- all room temp. Shrimp had a huge black vein just sitting in the stuffing. Carved pork was so tough we couldn't cut it. Even if it had been warm, the food was pretty ordinary. Desserts were on another shelf -- very nice chocolate dipped strawberries, decent key lime tarts with a not so great crust, macaroons, raspberry petit fours, and little brownie type bits. Not unpleasant, but I certainly wouldn't seek any of them out. The brunch was $35 -- and much to my surprise, a 15% gratuity was added on to the entire amount for bringing us a glass of wine and the check. Nowhere was it disclosed that a service charge would be added -- and I have to say I think it's pretty nervy to impose a service charge on a service yourself buffet which was already quite pricey. At $165 for brunch for three, I felt ripped off. On the upside, the people were pleasant and the room is attractive and clean.

3  Thank SophieOakes
Reviewed May 9, 2012

What a wonderful little place. The only negative was that the building smells a bit funny when you walk in. It started out as a cooking school, but chef Boucher can be relied on to always produce high quality, innovative, delicious food. I had the Citrine Salmon which was full-flavored, healthy and generous. The creme brulee was the best I've ever tasted and the appetizer of grilled veggies was out of this world. My husband had the Norwegian pasta which he said was amazing. Good wine list. Excellent service!

Been to Savory Square Bistro? Share your experiences!