“gssrss”

Hampton Village Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the nastiest hotel I ever stayed in, I wouldn't even give it a half star. When entering the room it had a horrible smell, the bathroom was dirty hair soap scum etc in shower, open used soap in tray, 2 small travel soaps for 4 people no shampoo. The child safety lock on the window was broken and the screen was half out not good when you have a 4 year old. No clock in the room burn holes in the blankets just a nasty place all together and noisy noisy noisy. The staff on 3-11 shift was so rude and not helpful at all, the pool was dirty and dark we didn't not use it, kids were disappointed. The air conditioner barely worked and it was 95 degrees out my husband had to clean the filter in it which had an inch of crap on it!!!! Never again.

Room Tip: just don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kimberly r

Reviewed October 17, 2012

On Sept. 22, 2012, I stayed here in Room 215. It was a fair place, but I got something I hadn't bargained for. Two days after I left I found myself covered with bug bites. They must have been bed bugs. I never saw them, but they saw me.
The management claims they treated the room and had a certificate that it was fine. I guess they need a new pest company.

unhappy traveler

3  Thank explorer1125
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed over a weekend in September, 2012. I arrived late (and called to let them know I would be arriving after 1 AM) and the room was ready. It was clean and comfortable. The shower had good pressure. I slept great. I saw many guests enjoying the pool and hot tub. The front desk staff, especially Paul, were very helpful and friendly. The room was very inexpensive. Understanding the low cost of staying here, this is exactly what you want in a basic 2-3 star hotel/motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CentralScrutiniza
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place was built in 1986 and looks as though literally NOTHING has been updated since then.... so much so that it's actually pretty hilarious. Because of its age, the place looks a little worn around the edges and is really, really in need of some freshening up. Also, the breakfast is pathetic (coffee and muffins) and there is barely enough parking for everyone if it's a full house. That being said, it was an OK value for the price. Our room was clean (the mattress was old, flat and needed to be replaced, but bathroom was clean, everything worked properly, no bedbugs or rogue hairs!). The pool and jacuzzi were nice and seemed pretty clean even though we used it towards the end of the night (be sure to check out the hilarious mirrored ceiling over the pool). The location was not the same as staying right at the beach, but as the beach hotels were sold out this is the next best thing, it's a 5 minute drive to everything. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend for 1-2 night stays, find something else for any longer trips.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Checked in late on the evening of Sept 1. Pulled back covers to discover several small bedbugs blus an adult bedbug engorged with blood (it burst when we picked it up). Front desk immediately refuned our money, apologized, but seemed to be very glad that we were gone.

Will report the place to the proper authorities, but advise those staying there to do close room inspections.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Roberto M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We checked in at 1:30 in the morning after a long drive and day of work. John at the front desk was very helpful and curteous, even upgraded us to a room with a hot tub to relax our bones. All we need now is enough waves to make tomorrow an even better experience.

Room Tip: Booking.com
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our stay in Hampton was unplanned, but we decided we were too tired to make it closer to Boston as planned. This motel was recommended by a clerk at the nearby Walgreens, who said it wasn't very nice, but it was affordable. We decided to check it out and it didn't look bad so we checked their rates, which was $97 for a queen. I was alittle nervous because the pool was full of kids, and that can sometimes mean noisy neighbors, but I can honestly say this was the quietest hotel stay I've ever had. We never heard any hallway noise, neighbor noise or outside noise. Our room was small maybe even a little cramped but seemed clean, except for the bathroom walls, which were pretty disgusting. Everything is old and outdated, from the big boxy TV to the microwave and fridge. But it was worth it for the quiet. There is coffee and pastry in the second floor common room, nothing fancy, but something hold us over until breakfast anyway. For under $100 in Hampton, we did alright.

• Stayed: August 2012