“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Nova Scotia
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Name is very misleading. Definately not a resort. Old three story motel. Rooms clean but very tired. Does have fridge and microwave and free wireless.You do pay for ice. Pool closed for some reason. We are just passing through but would likely not stay here again. Better looking places all around this area. Need one more catagory for below average but not poor which would apply in this case.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hall, further from the street traffic noise. It is quite close to the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NSRoadrunner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
yarmouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We were caught short by not having a reservation and when we arrived in Hampton beach this was the only place with a room ,it as late so we checked in the room rate was 88.00 plus tax which was fine but this place was a dump. The bestwestern down the road was the same price and alot nicer. When we woke up in the morning I had a couple of nasty bites on my arm yuck. This place is out of date and disgusting the sheets and towels did not seem clean . The department of health as well as the tourism department should check this place out we will not be back to Hampton Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sebim

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our second stay at the Hampton Village Resort. The first was a nice clean room with 2 Queen beds. Cable with HBO.Although we didn't use the indoor pool it looked good.Great breakfast place next door.
Our second visit was also nice. Regular rooms were booked and for a little more we got a jacuzzi room with a king size bed. Less than 2 miles to Hampton beach. Best price in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yarro3
Sedgwick, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stumbled upon this place because I java a friend nearby and everything else was full last summer when she got married. We rented the jacuzzi suite cuz everything else was full, and liked it so much we have been back many times. It is outdated, but the jacuzzi suite is the way to go. It's the price of all the other regular places in the area, and has lots of room. I have walked past the other rooms, and see why they have bad reviews, I would never stay in one of the regular rooms, but for the price and actual time spent here, the suite is the way to go.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jillc565
worcester ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

My partner & I wanted to save money on lodging and spend more money at the beach so I booked a room here. Upon entry the room was really stinky musky, we did book a smoking room but the entire room was yellow and everything smelled really foul. But we said hey whatever its just one night we'll deal. I always bring my own bedding and pillows so we put them down left for a bite and came back to go to sleep. I awoke at 3 am to a BED BUG CRAWLING TOWARDS MY FACE. I freaked out grabbed a lighter and burned it. I put it in the sink and was awake paranoid the rest of the night watching to see if my partner had any bugs on or around her. In the morning I let her know i found a bed bug and I called the mgmnt. I also refused to take a shower because there was hair all over the bottom of the tub so i wanted some one to come and look at the bug and clean out the shower so we could get the hell out of there. The owner came up denied the bug was a bed bug and washed it down the sink, then asked if we used the shower the night before insinuating it was our hair? She was rude, did not offer a comp for the room and the problems, I showed her i had been actually bitten on my arm by an obvious infestation of bed bugs and she shrugged it off like i was lying or something. Its pretty crazy they stay in business and I have called expedia to file a formal complaint. I am now going to call the board of health... And still don't know if I will even get my lousy 79 dollars back which in my opinion was waaaaaaayyyy too much for the nasty small room we had.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sylviacousins
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Much like a number of the other reviews (Oh how I wish I had a chance to read the reviews first!!!), I do not have anything good to say about this hotel/inn/dump...there were holes in the walls, paint peeling everywhere, ripped sheets, mould in the bathroom, grungy in general, out-dated furniture (like belongs in the garbage kind of out-dated), broken ice machine, gross pastries and coffee (that was supposed to be the continental breakfast, plus it was only available from 6-8am, bloody ridiculous!), out of order sauna....i could go on, but i think you get the idea - DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL - TRIP ADVISOR IS YOUR FRIEND, AND I WILL NOT FORGET TO USE IT AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chopper516
dover
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

I have been one of the weekly tenants there. It is not a bad place at all. I will say the only bad thing I have noticed there are some of the others who reside there and don't care about the other people. I have been woken up to screaming in the next room, but the pool, hot tub, and staff have all been nice to me and my dad. They are old, but who cares how old they are. Also, the breakfast is terrible, nothing good.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank slickjob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Ashworth by the Sea
Atlantic Breeze Suites
#6 of 41 in Hampton
Hampshire Inn Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton

Been to Hampton Village Resort? Share your experiences!