“holy chicken pot pie!!”

McGuirks
Ranked #44 of 115 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We received a 15% off coupon at our hotel so we decided to try McGuirks. We were a party of 5 three adults, a child and a baby. Great Family atmosphere. We were seated with no wait to get a table upstairs on a Friday and there was a wonderful ocean view. Our server was quick and friendly. We ordered a mushroom burger that had fresh sautéed mushroom and homemade French fries for 10.50 it was very good. We had the chicken pot pie that was 15.99, This is a huge pie when it came out the whole table was in awe. We also ordered the steak tips, they were over 20.00. They were cooked they way we asked and the mashed potato was seasoned and delicious. The child in our party had the pasta with sauce for 6.50 She liked it but took out the big pieces of tomato out. We would return it was a nice evening out.

There are newer reviews for McGuirks

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The place is expensive, and I had some of the worse clams I've even. The seafood overall was tasteless. The service was also not all that impressive. You'd think with Hampton and Seabrook being on the coast that they'd sell better seafood.

2  Thank Kyle B
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The atmosphere seemed nice and we were seated near the window with a view to the beach. The prices were very expensive. Our waitress was not attentive at all. We had to ask for bread. Our food was brought to the wrong table. Hard to get our waitresses attention. The food was okay for the prices. However, we took our food to go. I had lobster left, which I asked to take and she put the lobster in the box without cracking the shell or anything. Overall expensive and will probably not go back.

3  Thank MominNH45
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My daughter picked this restaurant, and even after reading reviews, I tried it. First we waited a good 15- 20 mins to be seated, that part was fine the hostess apologized several times. Once we were seated, it was up a short stairway, away from the door, the air condition could not compensate for the door opening, so the place was quite warm.
The waitress was busy, we got our water, with lots of ice, but it took forever to get her attention for more water. In the meantime the manager was watching to see which tables would empty first for the line up. I would have liked him to get us more water instead,the wait staff work hard, they have to go down 2 flights for drinks. In my opinion if you manage, when you see glasses empty and it's hot help out please!!! The food was so so, I would not go back!

2  Thank TPal09
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy one or two meals at McGuirk's when we come to Hampton Beach. They have a vegan friendly pasta dish on the menu that I crave all year long.

Been to McGuirks? Share your experiences!