Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
sfm132
Concord, New Hampshire

1,184 results
All reviews great beach clean beach seafood festival every night sand sculptures state park public bathrooms off season beach front board walk per hour across the street metered parking lots of shops fried dough cold water on duty
Reviewed 1 week ago

Stopped in on our way north. This is a great place just to stop and walk the beautiful beach and shore areas. Looking for treasures along the ocean and stopping for lunch along the way. This is something we do rain or shine if we are in the area

Reviewed 1 week ago

If your a young 20 something, Hampton does have a lot of bars and night life. If you go with a family the only thing to do is go to the beach or arcades. The beach is always crowded and quite small. Go to nearby Salisbury Beach if you want your kids to play in the sand. Wide open spaces and real sand dunes!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a no-frills, no trees campground. But, oh - the location! 28 total sites, 15 of them on the corner of the Hampton River, and Atlantic Ocean. The other are in the second row back. They ARE full hook-up sites. There is no bath or shower house (however, in the state beach area next door, there are bathrooms w/cold showers). There is also a new dry-camping area, first-come, first-served. Lesser per night fee, with a dump station (I think). The FH sites need to be reserved, and can be done so 11 months in advance. They go FAST.

We managed to find one vacant site for one night - just what we wanted for the return home leg of a Maine stay. The sites were surprisingly wide and deep! No dining under your neighbor's slideout here. The firepits are behind your back-in site - with a wide expanse of lawn between you & the river, with the ocean to your immediate left. (I am referring to the 15 waterfront sites).

You can easily walk to some little restaurants, fishing and whale watch charters. And of course you are steps from the beach. It can be windy, so watch your awning - never leave it out unless you are there.

This place would not be our choice in high season, as there is no shade, and there'd be too many kids. But for early autumn, it was great!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Sunday, August 26, 2018 –Women’s Equality Day – was a beautiful, warm, sunny day at Hampton Beach. Women’s Equality Day commemorates the passage of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in 1920, granting the right to vote to women. To mark the day in New Hampshire, the Free The Nipple movement designated it as Go Topless Day on Hampton Beach.

Lots of women took advantage of the opportunity to enjoy the beach without swimsuit tops. Many were with their husbands/boyfriends. Others were with their families – both mothers and daughters topless.

My husband and I set up between the Sea Spray and the southern end of the boardwalk. I wore a red, teardrop g-string, and my husband wore a low-rise, narrow-front, red-and-blue speedo with narrow side straps and a tiny triangle back (aka a thong). Tons of women wore very cheeky bikini bottoms with or without tops, but my husband was the only guy wearing anything briefer than board shorts. It’s a shame, because fit guys in long, baggy boardshorts look ridiculous.

Some of the topless women merely sunbathed, but a good number went swimming topless, and some like me walked the beach bare-breasted. Going topless is legal on Hampton Beach, but whenever we came during the summer, I seemed to be the only woman who took advantage of that fact. It was good to see plenty of women and girls joining me on this day.

The number of women in conservative swimwear vastly outnumbered those who were topless, but there didn’t seem to be any special attention paid to the topless ones. When my husband and I walked the beach, we got a few glances, but nothing out of the ordinary.

As women and girls go without tops at the beach more often, it will come to be seen as normal and can help to de-sexualize breasts. It’s not only a matter of equality; it’s just plain comfortable. I hope to see more women topless on Hampton Beach in the years to come!

2  Thank Jessica O
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Love coming to Hampton in the “off” season. Walked our dog along the deserted beach area. Played at Funorama. Drove up and down the coastline just enjoying the beautiful scenery. Always love visiting Hampton Beach.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights at the campground and we loved it. The park is small and quiet. The view is stunning and it was fun to watch fishing boats going by all day and evening. Walk to the beach.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I visited off season and enjoyed a nice, long walk on the "boardwalk" along the beach. While I did not swim, the water looked very clean and clear. The sand was very level and clean as well. There are a ton of eateries and some diversions for young children like a playground, mini golf, slides. While the beach itself was nice, the town was a little honky tonk for my taste.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

one of the best state beaches I've seen; wide sand, very clean, bathrooms close by (also very clean)

Reviewed September 27, 2018

A nice place to watch the surf and get some great beach pictures. Large enough that you will not be lost in the crowd.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We were there after the season, so there were few people and many businesses were not open, but the beach and the sidewalk along it were clean, appealing and had a nice view of the curving shoreline.