“Early Mother's Day Celebration”

Breakers Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy oceanside dining at Breakers Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner daily. With a refined yet casual, pub-style atmosphere, Breakers is a favorite among hotel guests and Hampton Beach locals alike. Sample our award-winning Clam Chowder, try one of our seafood specialties, or order up a zesty specialty pizza. Cap the night off with a specialty drink in Breakers bar or dance the night away with our DJ or Live Band. During the summer, Breakers features a sumptuous breakfast buffet on Saturdays and Sundays.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I said I wanted baked stuffed lobster. He called around and several restaurants were booked or overly expensive. I said I remembered going to Ashworth by the Sea about 15 years ago. He called and they said it wasn't on the menu, but they would be happy to make it up for me so he made the reservations. We eat out a lot and honestly, I'm a little bored with the cilantro and the fancy spices that they seem to put on everything. I was hoping it would taste good, but I wasn't holding out much hope. I have to tell you that I the baked stuffed lobster was out of this world. It was very tasty and seasoned just right. My husband had the Porterhouse Pork Chop with apricot glaze and he said it was delicious. Sandra our waitress was great and the manager stopped by to check on us several times. If it hadn't been pouring buckets out, it would have been a 10+ day. My daughter enjoyed her nachos, as well. And, the dinner, drinks, salad and dessert was a little more than $100 for 3 people! It was worth the hour and 1/2 drive.

1  Thank Fransonbrit

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a few nights and had a few meals here. For a quick summary, the food is over-priced, the wine list is of low quality and over-priced and expect the food to come out late.

Our first meal consisted of a hamburger, fish-n-chips, and chicken fingers (three people). The food came out late, after the server came and told us that they just lost the ticket. She did offer another round of drinks (would have been better if they paid for the first round because my wine, recommended by them, was terrible) and a free desert. The meal came out to be about $80 so that is way overboard for what we received.

Our second meal was lunch the next day, which consisted of sandwiches for each of us and some really bad tasting soft drinks. It turns out that the water/ice have a really bad taste (to us) so it affected the taste of the soft drinks. The food was decent but not worth the $45+ tab. This food also came out quite late but there was no explanation, just one of those fake apologies and excuses.

My wife and I last had a meal here 25 years ago (during a special weekend in the area so we remember it) and now remember why we hadn't come back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food was "ok", the seating selection was TERRIBLE, the place was empty yet they sat us next to the waitress station where they emptied the trash while we where eating. I had to ask the staff to please stop consolidating their ketchup bottles, tap tap tap tap tap tap tap, is what we had to listen to until I finally said something. I did say something to the girl who sat us there, on the way out the door. There should not even be a table near this waitress station.

1  Thank srivard
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice, relaxed, comfortable. Good service and good food. Right on the beach. The Lobster Mac And Cheese is unique.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stopped in for lunch at this restaurant. It was during the off-season, and there was only one other table of people in the restaurant. There was a total of 6 of us for lunch. 4 out of 6 of us ordered salads. Unfortunately, we ended up waiting an hour and 15 minutes to be served. Fortunately, when we got our meals, they were delicious and worth the price.

Been to Breakers Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!