“Gave it a 2nd chance, then a third...not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The 401 Tavern

The 401 Tavern
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Gave it a 2nd chance, then a third...not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

When I first went to 401, my family and I got two cold plates and had to send them back, overall the food was pretty good. HOWEVER, I went back again with my boyfriend and we were virtually ignored by our waitress. She apparently was friends with the couple next to us and sat down with them, chatted, etc. (Very unprofessional) As someone who has worked in the food industry I was shocked not to see a manager overseeing this.

To add to it, we got stale, hard nachos that were overbaked. My haddock was also overcooked and for the price, it's totally not worth it. Overall it was a terrible experience and I will not return. Instead I'd choose the always reliable Old Salt or Ron Jillians.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank littletravellottafun

Kingston, New Hampshire
“The 401 Tavern is "Cheers" of the NH Seacoast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

The 401 Tavern is my new favorite restaurant. The owner is the best host and makes you feel special. The atmoshere is warm and inviting along with the great energy that flows through the 3 bars! The chef makes the most amazing specials along with the best mussels I have ever had! You will love the atmoshere only to be matched by the food.

NH
“Wow! Great food and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I really enjoyed the energy at this tavern, 2 bars and a lot of character. Seafood is amazing.

Been to The 401 Tavern? Share your experiences!