“a few days away before the 4th..”

Harris Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Agawam, Massachusetts
“a few days away before the 4th..”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My 22 yr old daughter and myself had a little get away and were pleasantly surprised to find this Hotel..Hadn't been at Hampton Beach in years and it was a walk down memory lane for us.. It was a very clean room, stayed in a king size bed, comfortable bed it was room 23. The only complaint was the WiFi didn't work in our room. Had a view of the ocean and the restaurant next door ( good food ) with music playing on the deck was enjoyable but not too loud once you closed the door.. It was on the South side of the beach which I thought was a perfect location. Hampton Beach has had a nice face lift since the last time I was there and a few good restaurants with entertainment. I can only handle the beach for a few hours but hear I can do that and while the sun worshipers can stay i can walk the shops, listen to music and have a beer.. That's my kind of beach..

Room Tip: I would take the first floor.. The stairs are a little hard to get around...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WannabeeTraveler25

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashua, NH
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just got done spending a wonderful week at this motel on Hampton Beach. There were six of us and week got the "Penthouse", a top level with three rooms and five beds. The beds by the way are very, very comfortable. We also had a terrace with six chairs and two tables, that looks over the beach and the Blv. The people watching was fantastic. Marylee was very friendly and most helpful with check in and check out. May do this next year as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BassMasterson
Rhode island/ Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2012

So this is my second time going to hampton beach and since I stayed at Harris Sea the 1st time and it wasnt too bad i decided to book with them again. Marylee made me feel like i was an inconveniece when i had to call for rooms available and didnt know for sure yet if i was going to book. Then i finally book and she hears my 1 year old scream and asked "is that baby coming" and i stated um yeah why he cant and she in a rude voice tells me that if he screams like that here than that is not good. Their walls are thin. He only screamed because he wanted to get out of his high chair. This left a bitter taste in my mouth but i still booked the room. The next day i get a call stating they messed up the dates and no rooms were available for me to book and Marylee stated she just had a bad day and made a mistake. Coincidence i think not. She was extremely rude on the phone and hung up. They gave me 2 numbers to other hotels one was completely booked and the other was $390 a night. I had to call other hotels and finally stated at a much better hotel The Pelham, kid friendly, has a pool, rooms are bigger and across the street from playground!!! I will make sure everyone i know does not stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RITraveler082

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Harris Sea Ranch has been our spot for the last 25 years. My sister and I went to Hampton Beach from Montreal on a trip many years ago, with no reservations and first went in the Sea Ranch where Mrs Houle(Marylee's mother) showed us the room that would become our room when we go every year for the next 2 decades! We saw things there change to the best throughout the years. When we arrive, it's always as if we were visiting family. Marylee, like her parents, has become very dear to us. Her son is following the family tradition and is bringing a modern touch to the Sea Ranch but the family feeling and warmth remains! We can't wait for our next vacation in July. All the things they changes in the rooms is for the best. The beds, the AC, the curtains, the furniture,TV...we all love it. The new look of Hampton Beach too. See you soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Traumer2012
Gardner, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at the motel in room 17 saturday night the owner was very nice, the price was great!! We heard no noise from the bar and restarunt on L street unless we went out to the patio! The room was nice with microwave and fridge. Free parking was an added bonus.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room that is not on L street!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meghan H
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I come to Hampton Beach twice a year with my wife once in July and once for Seafood Festival. I have stayed in many of the motels at Hampton Beach, and on my last trip saw the Harris Sea Ranch and decided to book for Seafood Festival. The location and price was perfect. The section I stayed in, you walk outside your room and you are in a courtyard with tables and umbrellas, cross the street and you are on the beach. It is less than twenty yards from room to beach. I have paid twice as much at other motels at Hampton Beach and had to walk for 5 minutes to get to the beach. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The parking lot was on site so it was very easy to load and unload my car. They also had free coffee and muffins which was awesome because it saved me a trip from going to Dunkin Donuts and waiting in line. I will definitely be back next summer as the price and location are perfect.

Room Tip: great location close to beach and on boardwalk, free coffee and muffins saves a trip to Dunkin, plen...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mattskinh
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The view from our room was excellent. It is an older motel and could use some upgrades but it was clean. The staff was very friendly. Our room was on the L streat side. There is a bar next to it and was very loud most of the night. The beds were very comfortable.The location of the motel to the beach was excellent, the best section of the beach right across the street. Many fine restaurant's all in walking distance. If you going to the sea food festival you will be in walking distance around 500 feet to the entrance to the festival

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are better due to the noise on the south side - L street side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple