“Need smarter and more ethical people touching your reservation computer”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Need smarter and more ethical people touching your reservation computer”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I made reservations w/ your front desk on Friday 7/19 and I rcd. my email confirmation w/ all my information. Most of it was correct except my boyfriend's 1st name was spelled incorrectly. No big deal. I go to check in on Sat. 7/20(check out on Sun 7/21) and the front desk clerk can't find my reservation. I pull up the email on my smartphone w/ the confirmation # and she finds it but it's completely wrong. Someone must have gone in and messed it all up. The last name was listed as the first name and the first name was listed as the last name. It had us checking in on Sunday and checking out on Monday. I was not happy. So unfair to the poor woman checking me in on Sat. b/c she had to fix it all and very frustrating for me b/c my check-in was not simple, quick, and easy, as it is, in all other places I have stayed in the past. I feel it was done on purpose b/c we only stayed one night. Well, you had many rooms vacant on Sat. night according to the front desk clerk so you should be happy that you made $ for one night at least. In addition, the room we were in, the hot water was where the cold water was listed in the shower and the cold was where the hot should have been so your plumber screwed up royally. Not a good experience at your motel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2010Ernie2010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was our second time! Always super clean, the staff friendly and super location!!! Will go back again for sure and i recommend to everybody! Pet friendly too. Very close to the boardwalk. We had room 33 with one double bed and a separate section with another double bed

2 Thank 949PAT
Unionville, Connecticut
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My only complaint about this motel is that the air conditioner did not cool the room during the day. Because of the high temps and humidity we couldn't cool off. We actually went into our car and sat in the air conditioning for 15-20 minutes. During the night it seemed fine but when we were at the beach all day and needed relief in our room it wasn't pleasant. This was room #50. Probably won't stay there again.

1 Thank Sandy33954
MargMotelMgr, Manager at Marguerite Motel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello Sandy...

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your visit was made somewhat uncomfortable because of the heat and the failure of the A/C in your room. This is one of the problems that we can easily correct. Onsite we have maintain a storage area where we keep extra appliances, including air conditioners. Had we known about this problem then we would have happily replaced yours with a new one. Your feedbak will improve the stay of the next guests in that room. Looking forward to having you join us again. If at anytime you have any kind of problem we are there to assist, even to change your A/C when it fails to keep you cool.
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved our rooms 21 , 66 , 67 Very clean and a great size rooms . Peaceful and yet a quick walk to downtown Hampton beach. The management were more that pleasant. Will surely be returning . We loved the pool very good this motel was the best one we stayed at up at hampton beach!!!!

Room Tip: Staff is friendly, rooms are clean
Thank deyvid e camill... R
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just returned home from this hotel. Every year my family and I stay in a beach house at Hampton Beach. This year decided to give a hotel a chance. Got a good three night stay deal with late check out which was great. No rushing on check out day. Beds were comfy..pool was clean..room was clean and staff was great. They have a little area with picnic tables. Very easy access to beach and boardwalk. Hotel has strict policy on noise which is great especially seeing people have children. I believe I found my new summer spot

• Stayed July 2013
Chicopee
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This motel was the best one we have stayed at up at hampton beach. We liked the location it wasn't far from the beach and had good parking spots. The one thing we did not care for was our room on the office buildings second floor was that they were all sliding glass doors. Our curtain was measured poorly and did not fit the glass door well. We had to keep our suitcase up against it to keep light and people's eyes out of our room. The room was clean and had a nice tv and large bed. The pool was clean and had plenty of chairs. Over all it was a good place to stay and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request that you don't want a sliding glass door room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Schellsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had no reservations and just decided to travel the coast north of Boston. We landed at Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. The Marguerite was just ok. Could really us an upgrade. The towels where so thin they only had one side. Maybe I am expecting to much! On the positive side the staff where friendly and very nice. The location could not be better, just minutes from the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family