“Great for our purposes”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Allenstown, New Hampshire
“Great for our purposes”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I got a room here for one night only to attend a show at the Casino Ballroom. The price was right (off season) and it was an easy walk to the club and the beach. The room was clean as was the bathroom. There was no ice machine available and the bag I purchased from the office was frozen into a solid block, I would purchase it elsewhere next time. There was no wi-fi, which was not a problem for this visit, but had I been staying longer it is something I would have wanted to have available. The only thing that really bothered me was there was no security lock on the door. As a woman traveling with my sister, I would have felt a little better about the stay had there been one. One other thing I found a little strange was there was no alarm clock in the room, there was music available thru the cable tv and perhaps there was a timer on the tv also to wake to. I never cared enough to check, but it's something I did notice. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially for other events at Hampton Beach, for longer stays I would perhaps spend a little more for better amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were welcomed right away. We were in town for the Smutty Beer race. Rooms were clean. Althought I did expect shampoo, lotion in the rooms there was none, you get used to traveling without it. COFFEE would of been great in the room or in the office when you are in town for something special like a race. Over all we would go back now we know what we need to bring.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I brought my two teenage daughters to Hampton Beach and we stayed only 1 night at the Marguerite. I was surprised to find right off the bat that they didn't offer WiFi! Offering that service would have been helpful in our trying to plan activities for our trip! I have nothing negative to say about the way we were greeted. Girls and I went up to the room and did find it very outdated. The bedding was old and carpets didn't seem very clean. My biggest complaint was when I went into the bathroom! The bathroom sink had black hair all inside of it and the floor had black hair and the shower curtain had hair all on it. It appeared that the guest before us was shedding quite a bit and it wasn't cleaned properly after they checked out! There were wrappers in the trash can in the bathroom and then to top it all off, I'm in the shower and I look up to find a spider had been killed and smeared down the wall with the body and legs down the wall! It was pretty disgusting and for the 147.00 I paid for the 1 night we stayed there, I feel the trash can should have least been emptied before we checked in!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I must be getting older because I still can't believe that we have to pay almost $200 a night for an ok place to sleep in Hampton Beach. Marguerite proved to be a well run motel with enough rules in place to keep it family-friendly. The room was outdated but clean and well-maintained. The flat screenTV and cable was new but slightly challenging to figure out how to use.

Lack of WiFi and a hospitality area (aka cup of coffee!) erked me due to the rate of the room.

Overall, it's a decent place to stay with a good location (one block from the beach and boardwalk). I think for the money I'll try other places that offer a beach view and a cup of coffee in the morning but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Higher floors feel secure but remember - no elevators in Hampton:)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here this past weekend for the Seafood Festival. I would definitely go back again. The room was clean. Everyone there was friendly. It was quiet at night. Nice pool. Within walking distance of the main drag (Ocean Blvd.). The people that work there were always cleaning up, sweeping, emptying the trash. I can't believe that anyone said anything negative about this place. It was a relaxing weekend. I will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cherylcassidy05
taft71
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Marguerite Motel in Hampton Beach. We had made reservations at the last minute since we had heard negative things about the Regal Inn where we had made our original reservations. Anyway, we were greeted in a friendly manner upon our arrival and our room was very clean and well kept. We were extremely happy with the accommodations. The Marguerite Motel is about a block from the beach which was very important to us. Walking back and forth to the Seafood Festival was a breeze. The room was cleaned bright and early in the morning. We would definitely stay at the Marguerite Motel again. The only small negative was the lack of many television channels but not much an issue.

Room Tip: If you have alot of luggage make sure your room is on the first floor which is really the second fl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went with family and stayed in the room with two beds and one seperate room with a queen bed. The room was clean and they offered daily housekeeping services. Close to the beach, good parking and a calm location. I would recommend it if you are looking for a clean motel near the beach for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family