“OK for dog-owners”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 28, 2012

For a young couple & a well-behaved dog, Marguerite proved to have its high points & low points. The mere fact that we could bring our dog to Hampton Beach (during peak season) was a real selling point for us. It's only $20.00/night extra if you bring a dog, which I think is reasonable.

Other high points include the hotel's prime location - right between the beach boardwalk & beautiful marshes for walking the dog in the AM & at sunset. Restaurants & shops - and most importantly - the beach - is less than 5 minutes away!

In addition, noise was a non-issue for us, even though dogs were staying in adjacent rooms (however, we found the hotel to have thin walls, so depending upon your neighbors, noise COULD prove to be problematic). However, parking is ideal, as it is always available, close-by & included in the price & we felt adequately "private" in our corner-room.

Nevertheless, cleanliness WAS an issue. I am hoping the (blood?-) stained, sandy sheets were the result of being put into a dog-friendly room...although, even after the cleaning services came through in the AMs, the icky-factor remained the same. I was a bit frightened of getting bitten...

The air conditioner was so old it shook the wall & made loud screeching & rocking noises all night, which proved to be uncomfortable for sleeping, but by the 2nd night we were able to get used to it.

Room Tip: Pet-friendly rooms aren't very clean; bottom corner floors are dark & have little sun.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marguerite Motel

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staying at the Marguerite Motel has it's good and bad things of the place. The good things are it's very close to the beach just 1 block away, very nice and clean heated pool, excellent parking for guests, excellent Flat screen TV, big mini fridge for the drinks and super helpful workers especially Luciano who goes out of his way to help you when needed..
Now the other bad things which they could do much better in the future are no ice on the property as you have to buy it, no phone in rooms, no microwave in rooms unless you want a kitenchette and pay alot, no wi-fi for your laptop, no toilet holder for the roll of paper, very short drap for the room in the back as the light comes in the morning. As you see it all depends on what you care for and unless you go there you'll never know what to expect from the place as I was expecting more but Not paying alot for so little that they offer. I hope with this review it will help you in choosing this motel and there are many in Hampton Beach. I don't know if they are all the same or the others are better than this one.
In the end coming back to this motel is a very big question mark....

Room Tip: It all depends on your budget of how much you want to spend.
1  Thank florida2006
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've stayed at the Marguerite Motel in the past, the rooms are much improved. Short walk to the beach, close to everything. Our air conditioner wasn't working well so the staff installed a new one very quickly. The employees were friendly. We had 2 adults and 2 grown children in our sunnyside room and it was more than large enough. We will stay at the Marguerite Motel again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great location only one block from the beach. Clean room. Friendly employees. Good Italian restaurant and pub within walking distance. It was the first and probably not my last visit to Hamton beach. The beach is only one block from this Motel. The beach is clean and facilities have been recently renovated. I found it a lot better than old orchard beach.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I have been to Hampton Beach many times and this is the cleanest place we have stayed at. Rooms are very clean-great location-staff friendly. We stayed on the sunny side and room was great. Good size mini frig-When we plan another trip to Hampton beach I hope they have a room we will stay here.

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms but we stayed on the Sunny side and it was a great room..
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had 2 little dogs with us so we were given a room that did not have carpet. The floor was extremely dirty. If you walked bare footed you stuck to the floor plus your feet were filty. If you walked with socks on, your sock became black. This was very troublesome. I spilled water on the floor and wiped it with a white towel. The towel was black afterwards.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great staff my car wouldn't start and at 3am they helped me jump it. Room is large enough for my family 2adults 3 kids and a block from beach .. this has to be longer it is telling me but I wrote everything I wanted to so I will have to keep this sentence going until it allows me to hit submit

• Stayed: August 2012