“SXC”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We found that it was very expensive for a room without microwave and blow dryer. We showed up early for check in and were not treated with a friendly smile or welcome. The room was very clean but the bed sheets were not tucked in good so we were sleeping on the mattress. Overall should invest in a few items to improve.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marguerite Motel

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Overall not too bad for a last minute, affordable motel. Great location-close to beach and boardwalk area. Pool was nice and decently clean. AC unit could have been newer or cleaned every once in a while-it was quite noisy and the vent was filthy. Overall cleanliness of room was not bad- I was quite impressed by the mattresses being zipped into covers. Bathroom was small but clean and fan was very noisy. We found that the motel was not very sound proofed-we could hear the very noisy people above us start stomping around at 6am and the patio doors sliding open and closed above our heads late into the night. We could also hear the bathroom fan from the room upstairs at all hours. Also, the bedspreads were kind of gross. TV was nice and carpets were in pretty good shape. We often vacation on New Jersey shore and are quite used to the basic seaside motels and overall this one was definately not one of the worst.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently spent a long weekend at the Marguerite Motel and found it to be a very enjoyable experience. We were late checking in and the front desk person stayed till almost midnite waiting for us which was past her leaving time. Even though we were so late (bad traffic jams) she still greeted us with a very friendly manor and smile - very appreciated after our long journey. Our rooms were large and clean (sunny side) and there was no mustly smell as I have seen reported by a couple others. I had heard there was no ice machine so brought my own ice trays and that worked out fine. Our room neighbors were also wonderful and nice so that added to our experience as well. At one point on saturday there were a few people out on the picnic tables and had their car stereo turned up very loud. It did not bother us for long as someone from the office came quickly and had them respect the other guests by turning it off. We spent many hours in the pool which was so fun and refreshing when it was just too hot to venture to the beach. The beach is not far to walk, it was just too hot and humid out. All in all I would definately stay there again and will not hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank loukw
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Thia was our 3rd summer here and the first 2-nighter. Over $300 spent. The first 2 times were great but this year not so much.

I made this years reservation very early in March so I was surprised to get a room next to the stairwell! (Room #41) We could hear kids running up and down past 10pm. The door to the room was badly hung and required a full force slam to shut it and a body slam to open. And the worst: the motel ran out of hot water at 430pm on a Wednesday! (Manager: "everyone came off the beach at once. It happens") sorry Margarette. It should NEVER happen. Positives: cold AC, big fridge/freezer, location is perfect and a big plus is that they will let you park your car BEFORE check in.

• Stayed: August 2012
MargMotelMgr, Manager at Marguerite Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hello Capeman, Thank you for your feedback. As far as the $303.02 paid for the 2 nights, it just happens to be 2x the same rate you paid in your 2 earlier one-night visits.

Making a reservation early does not necessarily guarantee a specific room or location on the property. Many people like the area your room was in because of its proximity to the pool area and parking lot. Sorry that your room just happen to be located by the stairway and that you found it inconvenient and noisy. Because of the need to accommodate a handicapped guest on the ground floor you were actually upgraded to a larger room, in keeping you as close as possible to the pool area as your original room this was the best option.

We try our best to work out every issue, twice this summer we had a shortage of hot water, each time was shortlived (less than 15-20 minutes) and each was the result of a mass exodus from the beach during a passing thunderstorm. I think everyone of the guests returned from the beach at the same time seeking a hot shower, sorry that this occurred at all.

The issue regarding the door has been addressed since you posted this comment, if we do not hear back from a guest regarding such problems we cannot address them. This comment was helpful to us. Thanks you once again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had done research here and saw some good responses so I booked it. I assumed we would get an average motel that was simple and clean and served our purpose. However it did not meet my expectations. The room had a flat screen TV yet I felt like they could have put that money into basic repairs that would make the room look nicer. Things like the radiater cover falling off, the towel rack was ripped off behind the door and left a big hole, the bathroom could use some fresh caulking so it did not look moldy and old. Personally I think those improvements would have made me feel like I was staying at a nicer motel. Instead it felt old and seedy. The toliet was not 100% clean when we arrived. And honestly I think I may have been bitten by bed bugs in the room. I would not stay there again and was disappointed.

Room Tip: Tough location to find a motel in because some are so questionable! And for me trip advisor reviews...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SoCalFamilyofFour
MargMotelMgr, Manager at Marguerite Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your visit last month at the Marguerite Motel. We try to address every guest's complaints as we receive them, that is if we are informed of them. We are sorry that we did not resolve your concerns, but looking into our log of customer issues (which includes all comments from guests) I do not see any that meet the description of your complaint. In regards to the matter of "Honestly I think I may have been bitten by bed bugs in the room" we take these complaints very seriously. We have taken a pro-active approach to this, in May 2012, not because we have to but because we chose to, we replaced all of our beds. In addition we also seal the mattresses and boxsprings in protective covers. Since receiving this review we have begun to inspect each bed as we turn over between guests to make sure that all of our efforts to protect the beds (and the health of our guests) do not go to waste.

Once again we are happy to hear from you and we will be more diligent in making sure these matters do not occur again or at all.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Room had a very musty moldy smell. Staff was pleasant, but could not offer extra pillows, blankets, etc. The room was disappointing, as other reviews rave of the hotel's cleanliness. The back wall was brick with hooks where a picture may have hung in the past. No pool towels. No blow dryer. No free ice. Sticky floors. I would not recommend this room to others. The air conditioner hung 7 ft in the air, so climbing up to change temp during the night was difficult and dangerous. It was quiet at night....that was nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kb_b_k_68
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my first stay at the Marguerite Motel. Nice place, convenient location and friendly staff. The only suggestion I would make would be to have a community microwave near the office as some of the units do not have their own microwave.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends