“Super cute place, Great location!”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
New Hampshire
“Super cute place, Great location!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed long term at the Surfview Apartment, it is a really cute apartment with a nice porch, AWESOME jacuzzi tub, and great location right across from the beach! The parking was so nice too, Beat all the Hampton traffic and still walking distance from down town!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Averill Park, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We planned a quick, one night trip to Hampton. We were looking for a place close to the beach, with a pool. We were grandparents, son/daughter in law and 3 grandchildren (8, 5, 2). The rooms were clean, comfortable and very accommodating. One block from the beach and the playground another block north. Pool was wonderful after a day in the sun. We definitely will check the Marguerite for a longer stay next year.

Québec
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Close to the beach and yet, very quiet at night. The room was very clean, except for the floor carpet which was old, and our feet would get dirty just walking on it. Otherwise, the room was very clean and we would go back without hesitation. Pool was also clean and well taken care of. Nice touch: some picnic tables. The staff was very nice and eager to please us. Our rooms were kept spotless the five days we were there.

MA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed at motel for 3 nights and had a nice time.Location close to beach and room clean. They have redone the rooms and it is definatly better! Staff very helpful and met any requests we had.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great if you have kids.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Overall, I would say we were satisfied of the Marguerite Motel. The pool was clean, there was free parking, we could walk to the beach and also found a lot of restaurants at a walking distance. There were unfortunately a few annoying details: (1) a lot of ants in the room (especially in the kitchenette area...) (2) the carpet was not clean (we had to move the bed and there was a lot of very old food on the floor...(3) very noisy air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This was the first time I had stayed here. I booked a pool side room with a kitchenette. I don’t even know where to start with all the disappointments. The room was too small for my family of 4 people I booked. The kitchenette was part of one small room with a full bed and a TV and a small table with chairs. The stove was not the cleanest and had cheap aluminum foil around the burners. No light over the stove so I had to practically cook in the dark. Only one light in the room – a small hanging lamp over the table. At least we could see what we were eating. There was a toaster – that only toasted one side of the bread! I opted to get the dishes and silverware from the office and was surprised to find that I had to leave a $20 deposit (other hotels at Hampton beach that have kitchenettes have the dishes in the cabinets waiting for you)- And I had to sign a paper that said I would return all items clean. Funny you want the items clean but leave no dish soap to wash them with! So I had to waste my vacation time scouting corner stores for dish soap that I had to buy! There was a separate bedroom which was extremely small, you could hardly get around the bed. The mattresses were older. AND next to the other bed on the 1950’s paneling previous guests had carved their name in the wall along with a swastika. No jews here please. The bathroom was so small that you were kissing the sink to use the toilet. It had a small stand up shower. The carpet was old and dirty looking. This room looked like it hadn’t been updated or looked at by management in the last decade. It seemed that it really should have been for 2 people but they threw in another bed to make it for 4. The air conditioning was loud and looked like it was from the 80’s. It did work I’ll give you that. The best part of the stay – NOT – was the middle of night smell of sewage!! My husband told me that it was probably the sewer truck empting the sewage tanks in the middle of the night! Discussing!! As I checked out no one asked me how my stay was So now I am telling you and the world! I am writing this review so no other family or anyone has to suffer the disappointment of this room or motel!! Management, you really need to look at your rooms if you want people to pay your price and come back! Take my advice and stay somewhere else preferable more north up the beach. It is more quieter and less smelly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank hotels029
MargMotelMgr, Manager at Marguerite Motel, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Room #27, Arrival: 08/16, Departure Date: 08/19/2010
We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I am sorry that we were not told of these while you were here. I would like to address some of the concerns and respond to your comments. At check-out we provide all guests a card with a reference to post a review, we ask that you tell us if you had a good time and we also ask that you post a review like this. It will only help us make our property better in the future.

As new management has taken over the property in the summer of 2008 we have made several changes to upgrade the property; having changed several of the older appliances (refrigerators, air conditioners and all televisions) with new. Some rooms have also received upgrades to the furniture and bedding - I am sorry that the room you were renting was not one of them, but rest assured we will address this.

Our plan for the fall of 2010 is to revamp the kitchenette rooms. As far as the etchings made by previous customers, in particular the swastika I went to the room myself and did find it, it is not so easy to see - but I did find it and we have sanded it off the wall. We are sorry that this existed and are especially sorry if it offended anyone. In addition, as part of the revamp we will refinish the walls in these rooms (but we will not eliminate the knotty pine paneling - it is quite homey and gives a quaint cottage feel to these rooms). As far as the lighting in this specific room it happens to be the only one without a light over the cooking area - that too will be resolved.

In regards to the smell of sewerage I have no explanation, here in Hampton we are all on a public sewer line so there would have been no holding tanks being emptied in the middle of the night. My best guess is that it could have been an odor from the salt marshes that surround the area, quite often they give off, especially during an extreme low tide an odor that some say is as foul as sewerage. My apologies for that.

As far as the dish box is concerned we had in the past provided these boxes in the room so that when a guest arrived they were ready to cook & eat right away, but quite often people would leave the dishes or cookware dirty (either in the sink or even in the cabinet), so to avoid the embarrassment we opted to return to our previous policy of requiring a $20 deposit to secure the clean return of the dish box. I am sorry that you did not bring the matter of not having dish soap to the attention to someone in the office; we maintain a back-up supply of dish soap, toaster, coffeepots, dishes, silverware etc... In the event a guest needs them. We would have been glad to provide the needed dish soap and at the same time replace the toaster.

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Venice, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My wife & I went to the beach last minute without a reservation, upon our arrival we shopped for a while; checking from place to place for a good deal and a clean room. There were plenty of dumps along the strip. We checked out the Marguerite, liked it but went on our way to see what else we could find, after a few more stops we returned to the Marguerite. Booked a room for a few nights and loved it, the room was clean and comfortable. The swimming pool was great, we enjoyed the atmosphere - at night we sat out on the deck by our room and totally relaxed. On the second night we hit the town and noticed when we returned that a young man asked if we belonged here, it was nice to know that someone was there late (and what turned out to be overnight) to keep an eye on the place. Not once during the 4 days we stayed did we feel uncomfortable, the rooms were cleaned daily, the property was quiet and relaxing. The front desk staff had an answer to all of our questions; where to eat, where to shop, what other attractions were in the area.... We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple